Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Administration Fees Increased Again

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    AT&T to me is still an overall better value than T-Mobile. T-Mobile over promises (the network) but doesn’t deliver. Their customer service in my short time their was awful.
    Second one is THERE. THERE, THERE, THERE. And yes, I did login just to say that. However, I will also respond to the essence of your statement as well. You have a point about T-Mobile “over promising” somewhat, but, make no mistake, they are well on THEIR way to actually rivaling the others. With Sprint’s spectrum holdings, and by the mid 2020’s, it may well be that the curtains start to slowly come down on at LEAST one of the Big 2.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack View Post
    Second one is THERE. THERE, THERE, THERE. And yes, I did login just to say that. However, I will also respond to the essence of your statement as well. You have a point about T-Mobile “over promising” somewhat, but, make no mistake, they are well on THEIR way to actually rivaling the others. With Sprint’s spectrum holdings, and by the mid 2020’s, it may well be that the curtains start to slowly come down on at LEAST one of the Big 2.
    They've def over promised but I do think they will get there just maybe not as fast as they originally claimed

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    They have to pay off that time warner merger somehow lol.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnner1999 View Post
    (TMO bakes theirs into the plan so who knows)
    At least that's honest. Who cares what the fees are as long as they're not increasing price through fees, which is deceptive and dishonest. If TMo wants to book it's revenue as "fees" rather than 'service" I don't care.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I called and spent an hour on the phone about this very issue. The solution I finally got after getting a 3rd transfer to loyalty was a bill credit of $20 per month and an extra GB of data to keep me as a customer. Not sure if they will do it for everyone, but it does make me feel much better about AT&T.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunks View Post
    I called and spent an hour on the phone about this very issue. The solution I finally got after getting a 3rd transfer to loyalty was a bill credit of $20 per month and an extra GB of data to keep me as a customer. Not sure if they will do it for everyone, but it does make me feel much better about AT&T.
    I gave up too soon! Kind of remarkable they gave you a credit for much more than the fee increase (unless you have 10 lines). I would have been happy with $5-10/month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got my first bill for my “Unlimited Access to iPad” plan. I just love how a $20 plan really cost $23.49. At least it is better then Verizon’s single line data 1 GB plan for $20.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    All postpaid plans with At&t have fees and taxes added on to the plan price. No big surprise there.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    All postpaid plans with At&t have fees and taxes added on to the plan price. No big surprise there.
    I just signed up 3 weeks ago.

THAT there will be taxes and fees is no surprise (although T-Mo doesn't play that game).

WHAT and HOW MUCH they will be, they've told me I must wait to see my second bill to know.

That's insanity.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    I just signed up 3 weeks ago.

THAT there will be taxes and fees is no surprise (although T-Mo doesn't play that game).

WHAT and HOW MUCH they will be, they've told me I must wait to see my second bill to know.

That's insanity.
    Apparently, that isn't necessarily true. T-Mobile's essential's plan ($30/pl for 4) doesn't include taxes. Their Magenta $40/pl plan does.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I assure you it does include taxes, they are just baked into the plan itself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Apparently, that isn't necessarily true. T-Mobile's essential's plan ($30/pl for 4) doesn't include taxes. Their Magenta $40/pl plan does.
    T-Mo doesn't play that game. They will, for people who simply can't do math--"hey, if $40 all up all in is too expensive, how does $30 plus taxes and fees sound?"--but overall they don't.

I appreciate that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I assure you it does include taxes, they are just baked into the plan itself.
    I never said they don't collect taxes. They do--they're obligated to.

What they DON'T do is advertise a price that is not achievable under any circumstances. They advertise the price you'll pay. What an accomplishment.

Why can't AT&T tell me what the taxes (and fees! BS fees!) will be when I ask them up front? "We can't--you'll have to find out yourself." I'll tell you why: they might lose customers if they do that, and they don't want that. They'd rather you sign up and get engaged with them for a month or two before finding out that the $40 they advertise is actually $60 out the door. You wouldn't sign up for $60, but you will sign up for $40.

Taxes are legitimate, but below the line "fees" aren't. There will be a revolution on that crapola soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Taxes vary by jurisdiction, but yes, it would be nice if they were upfront with fees/taxes before you commit yourself.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Taxes vary by jurisdiction, but yes, it would be nice if they were upfront with fees/taxes before you commit yourself.
    "Taxes vary by jurisdiction" is not an excuse. Charter Communication's is able to give you the correct monthly pricing with all taxes and fees for your area that you live in. This is just a case of AT&T wanting to lock you into an installment agreement which is the new two year contract without disclosing what the real monthly cost is. This is a failure of our lawmakers not holding companies accountable and making them giving you accurate out the door pricing including taxes and fees.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast