Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Latest CallingMart discounts available

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    ... the whole convenience thing is irrelevant for me.
    couldn't agree more, I have set a deal alert at slickdeals.net that alerts me for any AT&T refill cards that were posted as deals. Don't need to search or look for any cheap offers, delivered to my throw away email address when on offer.

In addition I hate it when Callingmart takes me for a chump or insults my intelligence by giving me 5% off on the $40 deal which is $2 only to then to half that again for a service charge. In addition setting it to do autopay does not guarantee that at the time of the autopay charge you get 5%.

Something changed over there at Callingmart and for that action they should expect buyers reaction.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well here is the latest Callingmart code for mothers day MOM197 it gives 7% of AT&T refills. Not enough yet with the $1 service charge.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by One2go View Post
    Well here is the latest Callingmart code for mothers day MOM197 it gives 7% of AT&T refills. Not enough yet with the $1 service charge.
    Thanks for the tip.

So after that 5% rebate last time, they probably heard complaints from regular customers or noticed a significant decrease in sales, or both. They are trying to fine-tune that spot that doesn't hurt sales so much but also allow for enough revenue.

If you count the 1% in points one gets that can be redeem later, it is like 8%, but that service fee of $1 per card ruins every thing. It becomes an extra charge up to 10% extra ($10 purchase with $1 fee).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    So after that 5% rebate last time, they probably heard complaints from regular customers or noticed a significant decrease in sales, or both. They are trying to fine-tune that spot that doesn't hurt sales so much but also allow for enough revenue.

If you count the 1% in points one gets that can be redeem later, it is like 8%, but that service fee of $1 per card ruins every thing. It becomes an extra charge up to 10% extra ($10 purchase with $1 fee).
    They are trying to tweak their discount to the point where people will buy again. For me it is always the $40 package and with the present Mother's Day sale their 7% discount actually is only 4.5% after the service fee which will reach close to 5% if you factor in their points system.

Still a far cry from what their competition offers. I just did a Target purchase which was a flat 10% of $40 so $36 which would have been $34 if I would have used their Red Credit card. Callingmart is not even close to that with $38.50 for their present offer.

I believe that Callingmart noticed the reduction in sales plus users caching in their points to be used for a final purchase. Their move is next and acting on their bottom line will tell us in the future how they have fared with their present discount offerings.

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Interesting... I just got billed for my auto-refill... CallingMart gave me 5% discount, NOT the 7% Mother's Day discount. It's only $2, but still, I thought Auto-Refill was supposed to automatically give you the max discount available?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Boulevard View Post
    CallingMart gave me 5% discount, NOT the 7% Mother's Day discount. It's only $2, but still, I thought Auto-Refill was supposed to automatically give you the max discount available?
    They used to; maybe they changed that policy when they reduced the discounts?

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Tried contacting them through their website, no response yet... Sent an email too...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    With MOM promo, callingmart ended up being cheaper than TMI. I used to get $100. for $90--actually less with a 3% discount until a few months ago. Also, I had a bit of reward from previous purchases. It saves me the taxes (target red card, too, I think) and the fees (cc on autopay). The increase was bound to happen. I'll definitely being pay more attention to refill costs now. With autopay and 4 line multi discount, our AT&T bill is $100. month.

EDIT: looks like no tax on phone refills. Glad I checked on that as I do have a Red Card.
    Last edited by ritchea; 05-13-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Memorial Day Promo:

7% Off Retail Price of AT&T Refills (Code: MD197 from 5/26/2019 to 6/08/2019)*

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    F**K Callingmart and their 7% as his will go down to 4.5% with the added $1 fee on a $40 package when you can get 10% no fee and tax from Target. When they added the $1 fee and stopped the 10% they screwed themselves.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, even if you try to make the most of it with $100 it comes out at $94 total after 7% off +$1. Doesn't seem very special to me. Guess I will start looking for target and other deals.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Yeah, even if you try to make the most of it with $100 it comes out at $94 total after 7% off +$1. Doesn't seem very special to me. Guess I will start looking for target and other deals.
    Agreed. However the target deals seem to show up every once and a while I’m guessing once a month since I think the last we saw this was a month ago.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Agreed. However the target deals seem to show up every once and a while I’m guessing once a month since I think the last we saw this was a month ago.
    Yeah, literally just got a couple more $50s for $90 at target. Checkout was actually less hassle than callingmart, though I haven't actually gotten my codes yet as they state 4 hours. The callingmart RTR hasn't always been smooth in the past but it has eventually always worked.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Yeah, literally just got a couple more $50s for $90 at target. Checkout was actually less hassle than callingmart, though I haven't actually gotten my codes yet as they state 4 hours. The callingmart RTR hasn't always been smooth in the past but it has eventually always worked.
    Yeah the email codes take some time to come. I believe most are delivered within an hour at least. From what I experienced

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Yeah the email codes take some time to come. I believe most are delivered within an hour at least. From what I experienced
    They did, but they dind't have the code in the email like I was expecting. They made me do this egift card thing and those are likely ways to get more tracking and ad data out of you. But I'm behind pfblockerng with tons of lists added, ublock origin and did a incognito window to claim them so jokes on them I guess.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast