Thread: Verizon SIM in Xfinity Mobile phone

Feedback Score

Verizon SIM in Xfinity Mobile phone

If I insert SIM card from Verizon post-paid plan into unlocked Xfinity Mobile phone (LG X Charge), will it work?

Do I need to call Verizon for this change?

Feedback Score
    You should just try it. You might need to go online and also update the MEID for the active line on the Verizon account to the new unlocked "Xfinity LG X Charge" MEID. I had Verizon a while back and that was all that was required. If it was AT&T or T-Mobile simply moving the sim is all that is required. But for Verizon and Sprint they need to get the CDMA piece to activate so going on-line or calling it in is the additional step. As far as I know, there aren't that many SIM-only/VoLTE devices (without CDMA) on Verizon where simply swapping the sim might be all that is required.

Also, how do you know the Xfinity device has been unlocked? That's a fairly new device which being on Xfinity means it works on the Verizon network. Have you gone thru the formal process of getting Xfinity to unlock and "whitelist" the device for use on Verizon? What's the process?That would seem important. Or did you get an unlock code from a third-party? If you simply got it unlocked by a third-party, not Verizon or Xfinity, I'm not sure the phone will be whitelisted to be used on Verizon proper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 8_8 View Post
    Also, how do you know the Xfinity device has been unlocked? That's a fairly new device which being on Xfinity means it works on the Verizon network. Have you gone thru the formal process of getting Xfinity to unlock and "whitelist" the device for use on Verizon? What's the process?That would seem important. Or did you get an unlock code from a third-party? If you simply got it unlocked by a third-party, not Verizon or Xfinity, I'm not sure the phone will be whitelisted to be used on Verizon proper.
    I have gone through formal process with XM customer service and verified unlock status by inserting T-Mobile SIM.

Feedback Score
    Great. Should work on Verizon. Here's the online tool for checking compatibility: https://www.verizonwireless.com/pros...e#/checkDevice (it should pass)

Keep us posted.

Also, mind sharing the general process for getting devices unlocked by Xfinity Mobile? Did you first) pay device off entirely, second) then wait a specific number of days or was it unlocked immediately (after getting emailed an unlock code?), lastly) then you tested on T-Mobile? Was it an on-line chat request, call or email?

Hope all goes smooth after you call or see if you can swap the device online.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score

Verizon SIM in Xfinity Mobile phone

Quote Originally Posted by 8_8 View Post
    Great. Should work on Verizon. Here's the online tool for checking compatibility: https://www.verizonwireless.com/pros...e#/checkDevice (it should pass)

Keep us posted.

Also, mind sharing the general process for getting devices unlocked by Xfinity Mobile? Did you first) pay device off entirely, second) then wait a specific number of days or was it unlocked immediately (after getting emailed an unlock code?), lastly) then you tested on T-Mobile? Was it an on-line chat request, call or email?

Hope all goes smooth after you call or see if you can swap the device online.
    I managed to fool customer service into unlocking my phone before it was paid off. I simply lied and said that I was going over seas and that I needed the sim slot unlocked. Although it depends on who you talk to as well. So this method may or may not work try at your own risk. I guarantee nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk