Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score

Need a notification app for my wife's Fiesta 2, plz

My recent dance of activation of the Fiesta bundle means my Mrs. is now using the Fiesta 2 instead of her E4.

She liked a lot the notification app recommended on this forum by some kind soul - noLED

Her search and my search on PlayStore suggests that the noLED app is now unobtainium.

Could somebody please recommend another app for the Fiesta 2 that will tell you (without waking up your phone with a double-tap/swipe) when you've got a VM or a text?

Thanks, y'all!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chazz101s View Post
    My recent dance of activation of the Fiesta bundle means my Mrs. is now using the Fiesta 2 instead of her E4.

She liked a lot the notification app recommended on this forum by some kind soul - noLED

Her search and my search on PlayStore suggests that the noLED app is now unobtainium.

Could somebody please recommend another app for the Fiesta 2 that will tell you (without waking up your phone with a double-tap/swipe) when you've got a VM or a text?

Thanks, y'all!
    I never tried that app, and have no idea why it may have been removed from the Play Store, but you can either extract the apk from the Moto E4 or get it from https://apkpure.com/noled/com.led.notify .

Oh, I just found this about it being removed from the Play Store, if you're interested: https://androidforums.com/threads/no...it-go.1295380/

EDIT:
    There are some similar app alternatives listed at https://www.guidingtech.com/oneplus-...-alternatives/ .

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You would need to do what's called "side-loading" of the app by first downloading it from an alternate source. I believe Boz1 showed the link.

Another great notification app that I use myself is called Glimpse Notifications and is available at the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llgrad.glimpse). It notifies for just about anything (configurable) and lights the lock screen and/or sounds a tone, which can be set to recur if desired.

Later addition: There are apps in the Play Store generically called "apk extractors" that you can use to target an app you want to "repackage" and copy to another device, where you can then install them. But that's not as easy as just either using a different app or sideloading NoLED from another source.
    Last edited by whacker; 05-16-2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Additional comments; provided link to Glimpse Notifications app

Feedback Score
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...d.php?t=730692

The first and last pages should be sufficient.

If you don't know how to install an .apk file, just ask.

I really like this app. It also shows the progress of a charging cycle.

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Another great notification app that I use myself is called Glimpse Notifications and is available at the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llgrad.glimpse). It notifies for just about anything (configurable) and lights the lock screen and/or sounds a tone, which can be set to recur if desired.
    I 2nd the nomination for Glimpse! Has many customization settings (frequency, vibrate, screen wake, which apps to repeat for, etc).

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all who have tried to help. (My memory of noLED was that it did everything for us - no settings to massage, etc. I'm wondering if that was true?)

Does the Glimpse Notifications app only include sound? (Somehow I managed not to get an LED notification to work on my Fiesta 2, which is deactivated.)

Yeah, apk, etc., is way beyond my pay grade. (Lots of these phone things cause me puzzlement!)

Thanks again, y'all.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to all who have tried to help. (My memory of noLED was that it did everything for us - no settings to massage, etc. I'm wondering if that was true?)

Does the Glimpse Notifications app only include sound? (Somehow I managed not to get an LED notification to work on my Fiesta 2, which is deactivated.)

Yeah, apk, etc., is way beyond my pay grade. (Lots of these phone things cause me puzzlement!)

Thanks again, y'all.
    If you used and loved noLED, I'd suggest installing it again. It is really easy.

1. On the phone you want to use it on, go to the link I posted above using a web browser on the phone, https://apkpure.com/noled/com.led.notify , and click the "Download APK" link.

2. After you do that, there should be a notification in the notification shade. Click on that notification to see the apk. Otherwise, the apk will be in the Download folder of the phone.

3. Click on the apk file to install it. The phone will probably give you a security prompt. Follow the instructions on the phone to allow installing apps from unknown sources**.

4. Follow the prompts to install noLED. Hopefully you remember how to set it up from before, but post back is you have any issues.

**If you want, you can enable "Unknown sources" before you even download the noLED apk by:
    1.Navigate to Settings > Security.
    2.Check the option "Unknown sources".
    3.Tap OK on the prompt message.
    4.Select "Trust".

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    When I first got Glimpse Notifications I had just switched to these Fiesta 2s from 1st gen Moto Gs which have the LED notification indicator (almost a year ago).

I was primarily looking for visual indications (alerts), and freshly installed, that's what GN gave me (the visual alert being the lighting of the Lock Screen). I just had to select which apps I wanted it to key off of (for me that's all the communications functions: phone, email, several Instant Messaging apps, SMS texts, etc.).

I just found out about the audible tone alert it's capable of after the fact (which I don't use).

But among other things, you can control how long the visual alert appears (stays lit - duration) and how often it recurs. It's a lot like how an iPhone looks when asleep and it receives a message.

Feedback Score
    Well, we are stuck.

"unfortunately the process com.android.settings has stopped" keeps appearing on my Mrs. phone.

Google solutions involve one's opening the phone's settings.

Well, what the eff do you do when you can't go to settings? (The quoted error message appears, again and again, when we try to go to settings.)

GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Jeez, a humbling experience.

Help, please?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Well, we are stuck.

"unfortunately the process com.android.settings has stopped" keeps appearing on my Mrs. phone.

Well, what the eff do you do when you can't go to settings? (The quoted error message appears, again and again, when we try to go to settings.)

GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Help, please?
    Just to clarify, this is on the Fiesta 2 that you wanted to install noLED (or Glimpse Notifications?) on, correct?

Did you do anything or install any app before you started getting that error?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Just to clarify, this is on the Fiesta 2 that you wanted to install noLED (or Glimpse Notifications?) on, correct?

Did you do anything or install any app before you started getting that error?
    Yes, the Fiesta 2 of my Mrs.

She wanted to have a go at it, following your kind instructions, and she installed APKPure.

Feedback Score
    Oh, also, we've shut down the Fiesta 2, using the power button and the down volume button.

Or just using the power button.

Neither reboot helped with the error message quoted two posts above this one.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the Fiesta 2 of my Mrs.

She wanted to have a go at it, following your kind instructions, and she installed APKPure.
    Do you mean she downloaded the noLED apk? Did she get the noLED app successfully installed?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Well, we are stuck.

GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Help, please?
    Might try to get to the recovery mode screen and clear the cache partition.
    See
    https://tfguide.co/lg-fiesta2-troubleshooting/

To boot LG Fiesta 2 into Recovery Mode, please follow the guide below:

Turn off your LG Fiesta 2 completely.
    Now, press and hold Power and Volume Down button in the same time for several seconds until you see LG logo appear on the screen.
    When the LG logo is displayed, release the Power button (keep pressing the Volume Down key) for a moment and then press it again. This time, keep pressing on those buttons until your device boot up into Recovery Mode.
    When the device has enter Recovery Mode, then you can release both buttons.
    In the Recovery Mode, you can navigate through the available options by using Volume Up and Volume Down button, and to choose an option, you can use Power button.

( the option we want here is clear cache partition. This is a safe thing. Just be careful here and don’t choose factory reset)

When you are done with it, you can choose the “Reboot System Now” options where it will bring your device back to its normal mode.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Oh, also, we've shut down the Fiesta 2, using the power button and the down volume button.

Or just using the power button.

Neither reboot helped with the error message quoted two posts above this one.
    Strangely, just today, rpz1 reported today in the Moto E4 thread that the Settings app kept closing on his Moto E4. He was able to fix it by clearing data on the Settings app by getting into settings using "FX File Explorer" from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=nextapp.fx, since he couldn't get into settings the normal way.

You could always start by uninstalling whatever app your wife installed earlier (APKPure?? or noLED??) to see if that fixes it.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast