Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gus49 View Post
    So if I understand you correctly-I activate my Fiesta 2 Tmobile and transfer my minutes from my current Fiesta 2 Verizon tracfone. Won't I run the risk of losing my original phone # and Verizon service? Sorry I am still a bit confused
    The procedure of "activating with a transfer" is how you roll over your current phone number and balance to a new phone, then the bundled 1-year and 1200/1200/1200 units get added to it. Since the Buy-One-Get-One Fiesta 2 uses T-mobile, your service will be transferred from Verizon to T-mobile. That's why I mentioned that after you've activated the 2nd Fiesta 2, then you can contact TF and ask the rep to transfer service back to your old Fiesta 2 on Verizon.

It's a bit of hassle to go through when the phones you bought use a different carrier than your old phone, but the saving is well worth it. There's always a possibility of losing your phone number and/or balances when transferring, that's why we suggest that you use Chat and let the rep does it. If something goes wrong, the rep is responsible for fixing it.

Don't activate the new Fiesta 2 phones without a transfer, because if you do, it'll get assigned a new phone number, with its own 1-yr of service and balances. Then you'll have multiple active phones (with different phone numbers) at the same time.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The ones that I bought last month during the first round of BOGO came in sealed Tracfone packaging, not brown/white cardboard box. The battery was around 30% charge. Some of the battery pros said the lithium-ion battery shouldn't be stored fully charged.
    4-5 years ago or so. batteries were shipped with 70%-80% charged, then they lowered it to 40-50%.. but letting it sit at 0% is as bad as fully charged, so they say.

Another problem is the LG turbo charger running at 10-11 watts generating a lot of heat which damages the battery .
    I used a regular charger with the 2nd Fiesta 2 and it took twice as long to charge but it stayed cool throughout, running at 5 watts.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    .. but letting it sit at 0% is as bad as fully charged, so they say.
    No argument from me about that.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My 2-for-the-price-of-1 TF/T-Mobile Fiesta 2's were delivered this afternoon. I had activated one of them. (The 2nd one is still in the box.) The first thing I checked was the Android security patch level. It is at May 1, 2017. I tried to check for update and was told the device had the latest. Anybody knows if the phone's security level will ever get updated?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    My 2-for-the-price-of-1 TF/T-Mobile Fiesta 2's were delivered this afternoon. I had activated one of them. (The 2nd one is still in the box.) The first thing I checked was the Android security patch level. It is at May 1, 2017. I tried to check for update and was told the device had the latest. Anybody knows if the phone's security level will ever get updated?
    The LG Fiesta 2 that I am using right now that I got from HSN last year is still on the same security patch as your phone is.

Mine is running on Verizon.

Kind of surprised but I never thought to check it out until I read your post.

My 2 LG Fiesta 2s also arrived on Thursday.

UPS!!!
    Arrived just when they said that it would.
    The driver was pleasant, courteous and cheerful.
    He had an arm load of packages for my other neighbors.
    Brought mine first.

Didn't go zooming down the street without stopping!

I have not unboxed mine yet.
    But I will at some point on Friday.
    I'm curious about the battery since I read some posts about the battery level.

These have probably been sitting around in a warehouse for a while.
    The one I am currently using right now I bought last year so these phones are not brand new and factory fresh.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    The LG Fiesta 2 that I am using right now that I got from HSN last year is still on the same security patch as your phone is.
    I guess this is a clear indication of never.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I'm curious about the battery since I read some posts about the battery level.
    The battery level on my Fiesta 2 was at 50% the first time I powered it on.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post

The battery level on my Fiesta 2 was at 50% the first time I powered it on.
    Lucky you : My battery level was 27% on the first one ... and 0% on the second one.

I think they carry a 1 year warranty ( including batteries, since they are not removable), but I usually don't keep LG phones more than a year: they are almost 2 years old as it is... and the main reason I bought them in the first place, was the minutes/Texts/Data and Service time.
    I will not be using the Turbo battery chargers, because of the excessive generated heat. which will definitely shortens the batteries life span even further.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I will not be using the Turbo battery chargers, because of the excessive generated heat. which will definitely shortens the batteries life span even further.
    Shouldn't be bad. I charge lithium batteries at 1 and 2C all the time.

For a 3000mAH battery that's 3 or 6 amps.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone find out for certan if these MUST be activated within 30 days? Mine arrived UPS, thank you, ebay, and both were in original packaging, but the tape seal was broken on one. That battery was at 27% . Phone is quite a bit larger than my LGs and MOTO's so it probably harvest and then back on ebay....Don't especially like the built in battery either, but i have had a couple of old motoEs one of which is still in use, so may not be a problem.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Anyone find out for certan if these MUST be activated within 30 days? Mine arrived UPS, thank you, ebay, and both were in original packaging, but the tape seal was broken on one. That battery was at 27% . Phone is quite a bit larger than my LGs and MOTO's so it probably harvest and then back on ebay....Don't especially like the built in battery either, but i have had a couple of old motoEs one of which is still in use, so may not be a problem.
    When your battery dies, you will most likely have another phone by then...

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    When your battery dies, you will most likely have another phone by then...
    And if not, good luck finding a decent replacement battery for a 2yr+ old phone,

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    And if not, good luck finding a decent replacement battery for a 2yr+ old phone,
    I always try to buy 2 ( 3 if they're cheap ) of the same model phone so I can swap sims or batteries if necessary.

And again, anyone know for certain about activating within 30 dys?
    Last edited by gmannix; 04-20-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The procedure of "activating with a transfer" is how you roll over your current phone number and balance to a new phone, then the bundled 1-year and 1200/1200/1200 units get added to it. Since the Buy-One-Get-One Fiesta 2 uses T-mobile, your service will be transferred from Verizon to T-mobile. That's why I mentioned that after you've activated the 2nd Fiesta 2, then you can contact TF and ask the rep to transfer service back to your old Fiesta 2 on Verizon.

It's a bit of hassle to go through when the phones you bought use a different carrier than your old phone, but the saving is well worth it. There's always a possibility of losing your phone number and/or balances when transferring, that's why we suggest that you use Chat and let the rep does it. If something goes wrong, the rep is responsible for fixing it.

Don't activate the new Fiesta 2 phones without a transfer, because if you do, it'll get assigned a new phone number, with its own 1-yr of service and balances. Then you'll have multiple active phones (with different phone numbers) at the same time.
    I wonder if there is a need to do a second chat to transfer/activate the 2nd Fiesta2... since i have the 1st chat of 2-3 days ago which pretty much spells out all the balances needed to be protected?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I wonder if there is a need to do a second chat to transfer/activate the 2nd Fiesta2... since i have the 1st chat of 2-3 days ago which pretty much spells out all the balances needed to be protected?
    They can claim that you burned through a bunch of airtime in the meantime. So you should do the dance again.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    They can claim that you burned through a bunch of airtime in the meantime. So you should do the dance again.
    Yep, your balances of 2-3 days before aren't good enough to prove what you had right before the activation of the 2nd Fiesta 2.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast