Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Well I succumb to Temptation in ordered the Fiesta 2 this morning.
    I've handed one before.
    I helped my neighbor lady get one for her Grandson and I set it up for him.

Odd thing though.
    My states sales tax is 6% but HSN charged me appropriately 11% on the purchase.
    It does say in the email that it is approximate sales tax but I don't know why they would charge close to double the sales tax.
    I have not heard of any sales tax increase in my state.
    Or county.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4
    Most likely included telecom fees.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Most likely included telecom fees.
    Yes when I checked into it I found that my state recently added more 911 fees to prepaid phones and airtime.
    Didn't have that before.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4
    Last edited by SnowyWhite; 06-24-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I recently started using the Fiesta 2. Does anyone know if you can change the phone to use the app drawer style home screen? I'm not a fan of having all the app icons displayed on several home screens. I've looked in the settings but couldn't find anything.

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    I recently started using the Fiesta 2. Does anyone know if you can change the phone to use the app drawer style home screen? I'm not a fan of having all the app icons displayed on several home screens. I've looked in the settings but couldn't find anything.
    Go to Settings/About phone/Update Center/App updates.
    Get "home and app drawer" then go to Settings/Home Screen/Select Home ... set it for Home & app drawer.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @indyrunr89:

Strange feature of this phone, or perhaps the implementation of Nougat, is that it comes with an app called Home as the default, which I guess could be called its launcher.

This makes installed apps appear on one of the default three Home Screen panels, or you can group them into folders. Maybe that was a trend for Android.

But, you can also select to use something called Home & App Drawer as the launcher app if it is installed.

Check Settings>Home Screen>Select Home, and see if there's a choice to change to Home & App Drawer. If there isn't, LG makes it possible to install it, as its one of their own apps.

To install it, check Settings>About Phone>Update Center>App Updates, and see if there's an LG app called Home & App Drawer available to install, and if there is, install it. Then it will be available to select in the previously mentioned area of Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @indyrunr89:

Strange feature of this phone, or perhaps the implementation of Nougat, is that it comes with an app called Home as the default, which I guess could be called its launcher.

This makes installed apps appear on one of the default three Home Screen panels, or you can group them into folders. Maybe that was a trend for Android.

But, you can also select to use something called Home & App Drawer as the launcher app if it is installed.

Check Settings>Home Screen>Select Home, and see if there's a choice to change to Home & App Drawer. If there isn't, LG makes it possible to install it, as its one of their own apps.

To install it, check Settings>About Phone>Update Center>App Updates, and see if there's an LG app called Home & App Drawer available to install, and if there is, install it. Then it will be available to select in the previously mentioned area of Settings.

Let us know how it goes.
    Yes I just checked and you can change it to home and app drawer.
    I have not.

There is an arrow to download this when you choose home and app drawer.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    There's an update which adds the option for using the old-style Home & App Drawer. Your phone may or may not already have that update installed. Do these steps:
    1. Turn on Wifi.
    2. Go to Settings-->About phone-->Update Center-->App Updates. If the update is installed, you'll see it as in the screenshot below. If not, it should automatically install that update.
    3. With that update installed, your Settings-->Home screen-->Select Home, will have the new option.

Name:  Screenshot_2019-04-05-09-00-55_resized.JPG
Views: 210
Size:  17.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2019-04-05-09-06-43_resized.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  12.5 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    While we're at it, I've got a question about the Fiesta 2 (and probably most of the $100 and under LG phones).

Whenever I get an incoming call, I of course see a particular dialer screen with caller info and selection buttons for Answer, Ignore w/message, and Ignore.

But sometimes the buttons are rectangular and you touch to select; other times they are round and you have to touch and drag out of the circle to select.

Why are there these two different screen appearances?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    While we're at it, I've got a question about the Fiesta 2 (and probably most of the $100 and under LG phones).

Whenever I get an incoming call, I of course see a particular dialer screen with caller info and selection buttons for Answer, Ignore w/message, and Ignore.

But sometimes the buttons are rectangular and you touch to select; other times they are round and you have to touch and drag out of the circle to select.

I'm not sure I don't have LG Fiesta with service to easily test. But could it be that one happens (the swipe) with lock screen on?

This is true with the iPhone. On iPhone, normally you have answer symbol and reject (decline) symbol that you can press when the phone is unlocked. On lock screen, there is no decline offer just answer swipe. In order to reject, you have to press power button twice, when on lock screen.

I believe this is done so you don't answer it in your pocket.. it is harder to accidentally press when you have to swipe when phone is in lock screen mode.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    The difference is based on what you're doing on the phone when the call came in. If the phone is at the home screen, you get the round buttons to drag (you can change it to just press-and-hold). If you're using an app and not at the home screen, you'll get the pop-up with the rectangular buttons to touch.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I think you may be on to something there, lappers!

I'll have to pay attention and take note which state the phone is in when incoming occurs.

Occurring a lot lately this week as the spam calls have increased big time for some reason.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for that as well, hpham.

Man, people are watching this forum like hawks! Super support service!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On my Samsung on lock screen or home screen or in menus it will show slide to answer. If in an app it will show accept or decline buttons.

This is similar to how hpham describes it I think.

I don't think it can be changed on Samsung J3 Orbit for example.

I think it's likely all these phones will by default show swipe (or slide) to answer style buttons when phone is locked (or maybe smart lock in motion unlocked) for reason described earlier.
    Last edited by lappers; 04-05-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Feedback Score
    On my LG phone, you can change it to do one motion.

Settings
    Accessibility
    Motor & cognition
    Touch and hold for calls (turn on)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    On my LG phone, you can change it to do one motion.

Settings
    Accessibility
    Motor & cognition
    Touch and hold for calls (turn on)
    On my Samsung J3 Luna Pro or Orbit there is an option in Settings/Accessibility/Answering and Ending call/ to "press home key to answer calls". But this is in addition to the slide to answer ones you'll get most of the time. It won't replace it.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast