Thread: Another price increase for Mobilicity legacy customers?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score

Another price increase for Mobilicity legacy customers?

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...crease-legacy/

Rogers prepaid brand Chatr appears to be increasing the price of legacy plans for current customers, as some have been notified via text message this morning a $5 per month price hike is coming.

According to iPhone in Canada reader Kyron, he received the following text message this morning from Chatr, which reads:

Important chatr service msg: On your next anniversary date of 07/19/18 your monthly service fee will increase by $5 per month. All other aspects of your service will remain the same. If you have any questions or wish to change / cancel your chatr service, please contact us at www.chatrmobile.com/con
    Kyron is currently on an expired Mobilicity plan, which consists of $45 per month for 6GB of 3G data, along with unlimited in-zone Canada calling and U.S.-wide talk, to go with unlimited texting, voicemail and 30 minutes of Canada/USA voice roaming. After the price jump, he will be paying $50 per month for 6GB of 3G data. He says he has had two lines with Chatr since last fall, but only received a price increase text message on one line today.

Back in September 2017, Rogers announced customers on merge plans from Mobilicity were set to increase in price by $5 per month. It is unknown if this current price increase is a brand-new one, or part of that fall hike for legacy users. We’ve reached out to Rogers for clarification and will update this article accordingly.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Yup, I just received the text message. I may switch providers if there is a comparable plan available.

Feedback Score
    When they bought mobilicity they took on their commitments, which was advertised as "for life" and I have the proof of that.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the zone unlimited calling $15 plus 6GB data for $10. And just received this sms today. I'll switch to another provider as I mainly need unlimited calling, I already have good data on other line.

What's the alternative cheap unlimited local calling, cellular, not VoIP? Anything in the $20. Or less range with calling features?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    What's the alternative cheap unlimited local calling, cellular, not VoIP? Anything in the $20. Or less range with calling features?
    For $20 or even less, Public Mobile has unlimited province-wide calling, voicemail and Call Display: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/20unlimitedtalk

More ways to save: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pl...edtalk#savings
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    I have the zone unlimited calling $15 plus 6GB data for $10. And just received this sms today. I'll switch to another provider as I mainly need unlimited calling, I already have good data on other line.

Special price plans offers if you Port Out from Chatr to Fido.
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote73 View Post
    When they bought mobilicity they took on their commitments, which was advertised as "for life" and I have the proof of that.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    That's what they told me as well. And today I got a text that they will be increasing my second line by $5 too.
    I just don't think I have proof. What proof do you have?

We shouldn't take this. We should all contact Chatr and demand they reverse this increase and if they don't, we threaten them we will file complaints with the CCTS:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consum...omplaint-form/

And the worst thing is that Chatr (the notorious scammer Rogers) tries to legitimize their fraud by stating in their text that the increase is in accordance with the wireless code.

And we follow through by filing those complaints.
    Last edited by miketalk; 06-14-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: add line

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Special price plans offers if you Port Out from Chatr to Fido.
    Last that I saw, Rogers and Fido increased those unlimited talk and text migration deals by $5 across the board to:

A) $25: Unlimited Canadian talk and text
    B) $45: A above plus 4 GB of LTE data
    C) $55: A above plus 6 GB of LTE data

For $20, Lucky Mobile has an Unlimited Local Calling Zone Plan and ‘Get $5/mo for 8 months with Auto Top-Up’: https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/plans/prepaid

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    rogers obudsman didn't care too much and has since left robbers... "office of the president" at chatr couldn't care less, the telecom lapdogs will brush it off... crtc won't touch it... provincial consumer protection is equivalent to talking to a chair.

only small claims court works to get anywhere with this crime...

I left chatr and resented being forced to leave behind an awesome deal, but I'm much happier now at Telus... on a proper network, getting proper reception, and getting any minor issue resolved immediately. I refuse to do any business with anything related to Robbers. I hate them that much.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Well for the longest time they left my plan intact
    No idea why I was passed over for previous rate increases

But now they have hiked my pricing so CCTS filed
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming