Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 203

Thread: Unlimited Kickstart $15/month

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    519
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok, so I could effectively buy a used CDMA phone and activate it on a free Sprint line for a year without it impacting my near future Kickstarter enrollment?

    I know nothing about CDMA or Sprint except for the sim is married to the device. Perhaps it's best I bought a new pay as you go Sprint mobile phone from Walmart perhaps to try?
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Putting it on an mvno would cause a problem as you say. (Although I could tell you how to fix it via LiterallyUnlimited, or if you can put it on Ting they know how to fix it).

    But you could use another phone, yes, that will work. If it's like the free plan, existing user is not a problem when it is on the same active plan. You could start off the plan with the test line, then add the others later. Call 1-866-782-8777 to make sure this is still the case with KickStart I would suggest.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    Ok, so I could effectively buy a used CDMA phone and activate it on a free Sprint line for a year without it impacting my near future Kickstarter enrollment?

    I know nothing about CDMA or Sprint except for the sim is married to the device. Perhaps it's best I bought a new pay as you go Sprint mobile phone from Walmart perhaps to try?
    I had been told that all lines would have to be on Kickstart or on the Free Plan, but one person posted that he mamaged to get got both types of offer onto the same plan. You can try calling 1-866-782-8777 and trying whatever.

    Numerous people on SlickDeals are still getting the ($79) Boost G6 Play's from Walmart onto the free plan but sometimes they reject them as Prepaid Boost phones. So you have to be prepared to either (1) try a few times on the phone and/or (2) try online activation and/or (3) swap them on and (4) failing all else return them. Do not open the box until activated - needed serial numbers are on the outside.

    They have working Sprint wifi calling and so are better than prior Moto's.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-09-2018 at 09:10 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    519
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    All lines would have to be on Kickstart or on the Free Plan, not a mixture. I know this is true for the Free Plan. In the case of Kickstart, please verify that this is the case by calling 1-866-782-8777 since experience with that is scant so far.

    Numerous people on SlickDeals are still getting the ($79) Boost G6 Play's from Walmart onto the free plan but sometimes they reject them as Prepaid Boost phones. So you have to be prepared to either (1) try a few times on the phone and/or (2) try online activation and/or (3) swap them on and (4) failing all else return them. Do not open the box until activated - needed serial numbers are on the outside.

    They have working Sprint wifi calling and so are better than prior Moto's.
    Sorry. , I was merely wanting to get a Sprint line and device to try it at home to see how it works for me without it impeding my future enrollment into porting my two TMO lines onto the Kickstarter program. Hence why I thought I'd go to Walmart or somewhere and buy a new line with device on Sprint pay as you go perhaps.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm under the impression Roaming in Canada is included with any "unlimited" plan, including the Kickstarter. Does anyone know?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by knox_sportx View Post
    I'm under the impression Roaming in Canada is included with any "unlimited" plan, including the Kickstarter. Does anyone know?
    Global Roaming is shown as included on the Sprint site:
    https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans...kickstart.html

    but it will be low speed unless you buy a low-cost add-on and there are other limits.

    https://www.sprint.com/en/support/so...l-roaming.html

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    Sorry. , I was merely wanting to get a Sprint line and device to try it at home to see how it works for me without it impeding my future enrollment into porting my two TMO lines onto the Kickstarter program. Hence why I thought I'd go to Walmart or somewhere and buy a new line with device on Sprint pay as you go perhaps.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Well you could but that is money I would not spend when you could just give one of your Note 8's a dual personality for a couple of weeks by having it activated on both carriers at the same time.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    519
    Feedback Score
    0
    Excuse my ignorance, but if I used one of my Note 8s wouldn't it cause issues since I've already registered the IMEI with Sprint on a plan other than Kickstarter.?
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Well you could but that is money I would not spend when you could just give one of your Note 8's a dual personality for a couple of weeks by having it activated on both carriers at the same time.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but if I used one of my Note 8s wouldn't it cause issues since I've already registered the IMEI with Sprint on a plan other than Kickstarter.?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Why not just register it in Kickstarter in the first place? Add other lines later on the same plan (after confirming ahead of time that this is possible).

    I still think the Free Plan is better though. There will be upgrade options when it ends for good too in my opinion.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    519
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Why not just register it in Kickstarter in the first place? Add other lines later on the same plan (after confirming ahead of time that this is possible).
    Sounds like a good idea, buy a Sprint phone from Walmart and add it to the Kickstarter program. Then if it works coverage wise, port my two TMO lines with my two note 8s to Kickstarter. They can't deny me as I won't be using the note IMEI numbers nor was I on another plan of Sprints.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    232
    Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    0
    What so what you are saying that sprint sucks all the way around

    Sent from my SM-S727VL using HoFo mobile app

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, buy a Sprint phone from Walmart and add it to the Kickstarter program. Then if it works coverage wise, port my two TMO lines with my two note 8s to Kickstarter. They can't deny me as I won't be using the note IMEI numbers nor was I on another plan of Sprints.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Basically yes.

    I just called and they confimed that you can start with one line on kickstart and add more later.

    I do not know why you would buy a phone when you can have the Note 8 on BOTH TMOBILE AND SPRINT SIMULTANEOUSLY on two different numbers to test it out briefly. Just swap sims back and forth. This will be better because buying a cheap phone would not be equivalent as they will not support features like WifiCalling.

    Most Sprint prepaid phones sold at Walmart cannot be activated on Sprint postpaid. I mentioned the Boost Moto G6 as a possible exception.

    People generally buy Sprint phones at BestBuy, not Walmart.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrown32 View Post
    What so what you are saying that sprint sucks all the way around

    Sent from my SM-S727VL using HoFo mobile app
    In what what specifically that is in any way on-topic for this thread?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    519
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Basically yes.

    I just called and they confimed that you can start with one line on kickstart and add more later.

    I do not know why you would buy a phone when you can have the Note 8 on BOTH TMOBILE AND SPRINT SIMULTANEOUSLY on two different numbers to test it out briefly. Just swap sims back and forth. This will be better because buying a cheap phone would not be equivalent as they will not support features like WifiCalling.

    Most Sprint prepaid phones sold at Walmart cannot be activated on Sprint postpaid. I mentioned the Boost Moto G6 as a possible exception.

    People generally buy Sprint phones at BestBuy, not Walmart.
    I thought if I'd use my note 8 on the generic Sprint number purchased from Walmart wouldn't allow me to use it with my future ported number from T Mobile.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    I thought if I'd use my note 8 on the generic Sprint number purchased from Walmart wouldn't allow me to use it with my future ported number from T Mobile.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    There are several ways to do it.

    One is
    (1) Buy a spare TMO "number for port" for $3 - $5 on EBay or use a GV number or any spare number other than Sprint mvno
    (2) Portthat number in to Kickstart and activate your Note 8 IMEI with it (you do NOT need to deactivate or port your TMO number associated with that phone FOR NOW).
    (3) Try it out during quiet times when you do not need to receive incoming calls (they will go to voicemail) by swapping in the Sprint sim temporarily.
    (4) When satisfied, port in your OTHER Note 8 to your Kickstart plan as a second line.
    (5) Port OUT your purchased Note 8 number from Sprint to some junk destination. This will free up your first Note 8 instantly on Sprint, leaving it active on TMobile only.
    (6) Port back in your real number and phone from TMobile to your kickstart plan.

    Another way is, when you are ready, just tell Sprint you ported in the wrong number originally and you want to correct that.

    Another way involves IMEI swaps which are free.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-09-2018 at 01:19 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    132
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Why not just register it in Kickstarter in the first place? Add other lines later on the same plan (after confirming ahead of time that this is possible).

    I still think the Free Plan is better though. There will be upgrade options when it ends for good too in my opinion.
    Hello comintel,

    I'm curious as to why you think there will upgrade options at the end of the free year plan and what they may be.

    I'm thinking about porting out my free for a year line now and hoping they continue the $15/mo kickstart offer until the end of July and then porting back in.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 12:43 AM
  2. Unlimited Data for $15/month
    By n3gKiWi in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 12:36 PM
  3. $15 Unlimited data - 3 months?
    By bradc4 in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
  4. $15/month unlimited web on 6700
    By VE9LRN in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 08:43 AM
  5. VCast = $15/month unlimited texting
    By NYCDru in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks