Thread: Honor 6x and not getting notifications

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Honor 6x and not getting notifications

My wife and I each have an Honor 6x which have served us well until recently.

Now my wife's phone will no longer consistently receive notifications from Facebook Messenger or Google Voice. I'm certain other apps aren't notifying either, but we're primarily concerned with these two.

Notifications are set to be received on both of those apps in the settings.

Any ideas?

Edit: I should also mention that I'm not having any of the same issues with notifications, even though I have the exact same model.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Never mind. We figured it out.

Turns out my wife at one point set her phone to close all apps when the display went to sleep, which was preventing any of those apps from giving notifications. Well, after I set Google Voice and Facebook Messenger not to close upon the display going to sleep, notifications worked like normal.

It's a bit hard to find, but under "Settings", you have to select "Battery", and then "Battery Usage Details" at the top right of the app where the battery percentage is shown in a large number (not the percentage at the very top of the screen). At this point, you can choose what apps close when the screen goes to sleep.