Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Koodo did remove access to the old site from Change Number section in Self Serve, which prompted people to speculate that the loophole is closed. But turns out there is another way to access it.

P. S. Ever heard of a spellchecker? Roomers, seriously?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Hi,

Do you mind sharing that other way as i tried two days ago and no it won't let me change to Qubec number.

Thanks in advance.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzuy View Post
    Hi,

Do you mind sharing that other way as i tried two days ago and no it won't let me change to Qubec number.

Thanks in advance.
    From Mobile services in Self Serve go to "Track your repair", then click on "Change Number".

Last edited by TadMorose; 08-09-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    From Mobile services in Self Serve go to "Track your repair", then click on "Change Number".

Awesome thanks

Feedback Score
    Found out a method a LOT easier AND faster to switch to one these plans if you're coming from a phone number already with Koodo. It can be done within a day!

If you've already got a koodo line, log in to self serve and change your address associated with your account to one in the province you want the plan from. They won't verify it any way. Then, go into a store, ask to add a new line, they'll take your ID and everything, but noted that my account address was set to Quebec. I just told them I was originally from here, but living in Quebec now. I asked if it was possible to get a Quebec # this time, instead of my current Ontario number, and she said sure — figured I could at least skip the number-changing step this way, and I guess she nought it bc of my account's address!

I tried to push my luck when she asked which plan, and I asked if it was possible to see the Quebec plans, since I was getting a QC number and "would be going back soon". She pulled them up, I chose the $65 / 16GB one, and BAM, was instantly signed up for it! All I had to do was go to Freedom to buy a prepaid SIM to port out y number to port it back in over the new line Super simple!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Interesting @GtowK. You got lucky but there are several caveats with this approach. First of all, the last time I tried getting a QC number at Walmart (using the “I’m moving to Quebec line”), it didn’t work because she said she could only do so with PROOF of QC address. I got an identical reaction at a Koodo storefront: only with proof of QC address.

The other issue here is by providing a fake address, you’re treading dangerously close to fraud. It’s unlikely Koodo would ever catch on but I sure wouldn’t test them. The method discussed in the thread is perfectly legal even if a bit cumbersome.

Regardless, glad you got the plan. Enjoy!

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not to mention that using fake addresses become associated with your credit file. I've been stuck with a SK address from the old days when I didn't know about these DIY methods.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Interesting wrinkle with me. Turns out I’m eligible for the Telus EPP, which means I can get 20gb unlimited for $76 vs. the Koodo QC $65/16gb I have now.

My concern with Telus is they’re known for raising prices at the drop of a hat. Koodo rarely does. Currently Telus has the better “deal” assuming you use all the data.

Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    Next Big Thing is Here
    Carrier(s)
    ell tabadorr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsdude View Post
    Interesting wrinkle with me. Turns out I’m eligible for the Telus EPP, which means I can get 20gb unlimited for $76 vs. the Koodo QC $65/16gb I have now.

My concern with Telus is they’re known for raising prices at the drop of a hat. Koodo rarely does. Currently Telus has the better “deal” assuming you use all the data.

Any thoughts?
    currently waiting for billing period to end to get the 16GB.
    i have no experience with EPP (but have access to it) but i dont think Telus would do such a thing to their corporate plans (rate increase). My cousin in BC switched over to the 10GBu plan (rogers) and has reported being throttled even before his 10GB bucket is up...ymmv...
    $65/16GB CA Voice/MMS/TXT - Koodo
    $23 CA Voice/MMS/TXT 1GB- Public Mobile x2

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by o0vL View Post
    currently waiting for billing period to end to get the 16GB.
    i have no experience with EPP (but have access to it) but i dont think Telus would do such a thing to their corporate plans (rate increase). My cousin in BC switched over to the 10GBu plan (rogers) and has reported being throttled even before his 10GB bucket is up...ymmv...
    Interesting. Never even thought they could throttle before the cap. I guess anything is possible with the big 3.

As for the EPP price, it is 20% off the regular price (for 20gb). So if the regular price goes up, so does the EPP price. If history is any indication, they’ll raise the price sooner or later.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsdude View Post

Any thoughts?

I don't know what kind of pricing you seen increased...I've been on a SK Plan from Telus for 2+ years now and never had a price increase...with EPP discount....sitting at 20GB CANUS, hasn't gone up a cent....Rogers seem to increase prices but I haven't seen Telus do it to EPP Plans and/or Out of Province.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I don't know what kind of pricing you seen increased...I've been on a SK Plan from Telus for 2+ years now and never had a price increase...with EPP discount....sitting at 20GB CANUS, hasn't gone up a cent....Rogers seem to increase prices but I haven't seen Telus do it to EPP Plans and/or Out of Province.
    The obvious one that comes to mind is the $60/10gb plan from December 2017. Bell and Rogers raised the price to $65; Telus raised it to $70.

Good to hear they don’t tend to do it for EPP plans. Now I just have to decide if 20gb is worth an extra $11 over my $65/16gb QC plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You mean 4GB for $11 for the most part its worth it if you use that much more data.

Device(s)
    Next Big Thing is Here
    Carrier(s)
    ell tabadorr
    Feedback Score
    Successfully back on an OPP. Just got my first bill and noticed the rep applied $10 credit for 1 year, so [email protected] $55/1yr. stack that with referral credit brings that down an additional $5 for 5 months.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

so thats the new way of doing it now?

This direction doesn't work? -> 3) Once logged in change to a Quebec (QC) number (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number)

-> https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...f-Aug-19-2018)

Feedback Score
    How do I go about getting a new phone (iPhone XR) while doing this?

Do I just get the phone when I am initially setting up myself with the local number / plan?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast