Thread: Phone sales?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Phone sales?

Anyone have insight into when the current phone offers are going to end, and what's coming up soon?

(Primarily focused on the idols, but not sure what I want yet)
    Alcatel idol 3

Feedback Score
    there should be some coming up for back to school soon

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Well, they're practically giving away the idol 3 and 4 on port in. So guess you know not to waste your time, money, and effort on those two(615/617 processors are lousy. Using idol 3 right now).

Haven't heard anyone raving about the Cricket idol 5 either.

Maybe try one of the newly released(or about to be) Alcatels, if Cricket decides to carry one, if you want an Alcatel that bad. Don't know why you would though. Nothing impressive about Alcatel so far, imo. Own 2.

Sent from my 6045O using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I had a 3 for a year or so.i liked it, but I can't afford any Samsung anything's...
    I didn't price today, but a day or 2 ago 3 was like $19, 4 was $49 but 5 was $180.
    Today the 5 is $129.

I currently have a Moto g5, was a great 'budget' phone (I think I paid $2-220 for it new, but lately its a pain in the butt. WiFi issues like crazy.
    Getting slow switching apps, esp if camera is open.
    Even after a factory reset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanw20 View Post
    ....I currently have a Moto g5, was a great 'budget' phone (I think I paid $2-220 for it new, but lately its a pain in the butt. WiFi issues like crazy.
    Getting slow switching apps, esp if camera is open.
    Even after a factory reset.
    Have you tried another camera app? Just throwing spaghetti against the wall here.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    I'm running a Moto G5+ and with some tweaks from XDA, this thing is easily the best phone I've ever owned under $400. I'm not sure what sort of WiFi problem you are having, mine works great on my 5ghz network here. Connects faster than my laptop, speeds easily maxing out my cable connection (60+mbps). And with the chromatix mod and Google camera app modded from the pixel, the camera on this thing has been incredible.
    For the record, I shoot with a $3000+ pro camera for work, so when I say I'm comfortable printing shots from my g5+ and hanging them side by side with my dslr, it means something!

Meanwhile, to be honest, I'm running a "sort of stock" rom on it. I wasn't interested in some of the heavily modified Oreo roms, I actually like the feeling of stock on this thing, but I ended up with a "twrp flashable stock" that has some things like encryption removed, so that I could access the file system in twrp (something I wanted to do). I have no idea if that works better than the current stock or anything like that, but all I can tell you is I don't feel like my phone is slow at all. It feels at least as fast as my nextbit Robin did, and that had a snapdragon 8xx class processor. Also, this one has 4gb of RAM. Maybe you have the 2gb version? This 4gb model never feels slow, and I still recommend it highly as the best bang for your buck in a handset!

My 2 cents, if it was at all useful.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Has every 90 day upgrades been they policy for a while or just recently?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    I noticed this also recently. I don't recall it being there before, not that it matters. How often would you buy a new phone at "ugprade" or "retail" price? Most likely if you're buying from them, you'd be porting in a new number to get the best discount, and that would be a new account. I don't see when this restriction would apply to most of us.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 +
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    I noticed this also recently. I don't recall it being there before, not that it matters. How often would you buy a new phone at "ugprade" or "retail" price? Most likely if you're buying from them, you'd be porting in a new number to get the best discount, and that would be a new account. I don't see when this restriction would apply to most of us.
    I actually ported a single $200 discounted iPhone in to my existing account and was hoping to get 2 new phones before the sale ended on June 7, but couldn't because of the rule. It's okay, I'll wait until the next sale...

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Has every 90 day upgrades been they policy for a while or just recently?
    Cricket implemented this at the end of April. MetroPCS has had this 90 day upgrade policy for over 3 yrs now.