Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sprint T-Mobile merger: fate of EBS spectrum agreement ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    It's been a while, so I checked today. It looks like they are accepting new customers. I made it all the way to checkout as a new customer and it looked like it would complete.

With now T-Mobile shutting down the nascent Sprint 2.5gHz 5G service, it seems the B41 shift from Sprint to T-Mobile is underway. Since T-Mobile eschews DSS, I think it's reasonable to expect Sprint B41 LTE service will end. Then, Mobile Citizen/Beacon users will be left with just B25 & B26.

Is it possible for Mobile Citizen/Beacon hotspots to jump onto other T-Mobile bands?
    Yeah I was just checking this out today and they still offering new sign ups. it's 80 for the modem and 15 a month for the service. You still have to qualify for the service though.

https://pcsrefurbished.com/sales/buy...x?product=6637

I'm actually going to ask my wife if she might be interested in getting this because the kids are using a lot more data at home now and I could help alleviate some of the Comcast data.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sure would like to know what the plans are for Mobile Citizen to transition to T-Mobile. I asked PCS4P, but the answer, paraphrasing, was "what you got still works".

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    One item that may or may not be related is that T-Mobile has been buying up EBS licenses.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    One item that may or may not be related is that T-Mobile has been buying up EBS licenses.
    What is EBS?

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    What is EBS?
    Educational Broadband Service. Was once limited to educational uses, but later opened up for other uses including commercial carriers.

"In July 2019 the FCC published "Transforming the 2.5 GHz Band" substantially changing the BRS and EBS band licenses and use. Principal aspects addressed were a removal of the educational requirements for use and ownership of EBS licenses, new lease terms, changes in license coverage, new white space licenses, a future spectrum auction, and a priority window for Native American tribes to apply for new licenses that cover Indian lands."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2