Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is there any advantage to Pay As You Go - Legacy over standard Pay as you go?

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Is there any advantage to Pay As You Go - Legacy over standard Pay as you go?

Just recently I lost my Gold Rewards status, along with $140 credits due to missing renew date because of extended hospital stay. After speaking to customer "service", they assured me that there was nothing they could do other than smile on the way to the bank with my money.

Regardless, apparently I can still continue my account, by adding more money, and continuing as a Pay As You Go - Legacy customer.

Is there any reason why the legacy aspect of this account, or is it pretty much now just a standard paygo?

The reason that I am still remotely interested is that I want to move my home phone (yes I still have one) number to this Tmobile account as $3.00 a month still appears to be cheaper than anything else out there. I still have a Sprint post pay account for my day to day phone use, so the 30 minutes a month that come with this plan should be more than enough to deal with those callers that may be trying to get ahold of me on my home number,

Thank you for any input or advice.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
    Just recently I lost my Gold Rewards status, along with $140 credits due to missing renew date because of extended hospital stay. After speaking to customer "service", they assured me that there was nothing they could do other than smile on the way to the bank with my money.

Regardless, apparently I can still continue my account, by adding more money, and continuing as a Pay As You Go - Legacy customer.

Is there any reason why the legacy aspect of this account, or is it pretty much now just a standard paygo?

The reason that I am still remotely interested is that I want to move my home phone (yes I still have one) number to this Tmobile account as $3.00 a month still appears to be cheaper than anything else out there. I still have a Sprint post pay account for my day to day phone use, so the 30 minutes a month that come with this plan should be more than enough to deal with those callers that may be trying to get ahold of me on my home number,

Thank you for any input or advice.
    It looks like you passed the one year mark and didn't refill so your funds expired. If you don't refill in the next 90 days, you will lose the number/gold reward account.

You havent lost your gold reward account, just the funds.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    It looks like you passed the one year mark and didn't refill so your funds expired. If you don't refill in the next 90 days, you will lose the number/gold reward account.

You havent lost your gold reward account, just the funds.

That is interesting. Thank you! I was not aware of that.

So, in order for it to be of any benefit, I still have to build it back up to $100? How do I apply the funds to make sure it goes to the correct plan? Say, I bought a $10 pin at a popular online vendor. How do I make sure it doesn't turn my plan into something even more useless? Thank you again.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You don't have to add $100. It is already gold reward. You can add just $10 and your expiration date moves up 1 year. But $10 will give you 35 mins versus $100 for 1000 mins. But 35 mins is enough for a backup emergency phone.

Just adding $10 will not change the status as gold rewards account with 1 year expiration.

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I hate to be dense, but if I added another $10 next month, Then I would have 70 minutes that expire a year from that date, provided that I havent used any minutes? Thank you again.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, every time you add $10 it will move your expiration up 1 more year and all your previous minutes rollover. If you feel 35 mins is not enough, you can add $25 and that gives you 130 if I recall correctly.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also it's always a good idea to write your expiration date on a small post it note and tape it to the back of the phone. I also had over a hundred minutes expire on me because I forgot to refill in time.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Several of us (HoFo posters) that still have Gold Rewards accounts (albeit that didn't lapse) had the experience of contacting T-Mobile customer service this past year (myself right after having added my annual $10) and requesting that our balances be converted to reflect a $0.10/minute rate, which was quite a boon for anyone who had been adding just $10 for several years, and receiving whatever the prevailing per minute rate for refills less than $100. You might consider giving that a try for maximum value. The worst they can say is no. My feeling was that they'd just as soon do that, since the only PAYGO rate they have anymore is $0.10/min on the only remaining PAYGO plan (the $3/month deal). So they appear to be authorized to dispense with the BS factor of the old Legacy rate schedule.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes do what Whacker said.

Never thought I say that sentence. I mean with a small w of course.
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey, I heard that!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Several of us (HoFo posters) that still have Gold Rewards accounts (albeit that didn't lapse) had the experience of contacting T-Mobile customer service this past year (myself right after having added my annual $10) and requesting that our balances be converted to reflect a $0.10/minute rate
    I got that benefit without asking. My account shows
    • Dollar amount = $36.17
    • minutes = 362
    • messages = 505

I'm sure I made payments of less than $100, although I did $100 payments at times.

One day if they are winding down the grandfathered privileges, I'll feel that I got my money's worth, especially if I can keep the number.

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    OK, first off, I want t thank all of you guys for the input. Without your advice I would likely have pitched this account and gone with something more pricey, with more service than I need.

I did add a $10 RTR PIN from the well known website. Looking on line, my account states that I have,

Account Balance $10.

MINUTES 35

MESSAGES 140 / 0,

Use by: 5/17/2019 9:00:00 PM

So it appears that they credited 35 minutes for the $10 using the Gold rewards bonus of 30 plus 15% (30 + 4.5). How would asking them to go with the 10 cent per minute rate benefit me? I'm serious, my hospital stay knocked some of the smart out of me, so please forgive some of my questions.

I'll try to stop after this question, I can't buy a day long data pass for $5 without giving up this plan, or can I?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You would see 100 Minutes instead of 35. I'm a little surprised it didn't just turn out like that on its own (since some didn't have to ask for it), but as mentioned before, we had to ask for it. Sorry, don't know about the data passes. Are those even still a thing?

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If anyone is interested, I did call cust service about the 10 cent minutes, she changed my recent addition of $10 to be 100 minutes, BUT told me it was a one time thing as a courtesy, and future additions of funds going to the "old" rate, where a $10 payment would provide minutes at 39 cents each. Larger denomination pins would get a slightly better rate on minutes, but nowhere near 10 cents.

YIKES! They are making abandoning the Gold rewards account in favor of their current PayGo plan sound like a good idea -- probably their end goal anyway. Oh well, at least I have a year to worry about it

Thanks again, all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, we've heard the "one time courtesy" thing before; just haven't heard any results of a follow up refill add to see if that holds true.

Well, going with the newer plan is good if you actually use 30 minutes or more per month, because they're going to deduct it ($3) whether you use it or not, and it'll be at their cheapest per minute rate. That's $36 per year. For what I use this account for, $10/year (with hardly any voice minutes used) is even better!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast