Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is there any advantage to Pay As You Go - Legacy over standard Pay as you go?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    Even if I forgot to pay and lose my entire balance I would not worry about it because I got service for my money.

$10 for 1 year service is about the best deal you can get and that is why I kept it.

It is also good to have a second phone as a backup if my normal phone line is down for some reason.
    I agree with everything in message #19 above. The lines in the quote bubble sum it up. When I first had Gold Rewards, it seemed like such a deal. I had a goal to use about 1000 minutes per year and make mainly $100 payments. Getting the best deal! One day that all got boring, but I still have the Gold Rewards SIM in a nice device, plus an even nicer phone running Google Fi.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    @Snowy White:

I got my start with the same Target $88 deal! But maybe the year before, as I got a Nokia 6010 instead of the 6030. Still makes a great alarm clock!

Yeah that guy and deal you mentioned with the preloaded GR SIMs was pretty amazing at the time.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Is there any advantage to Pay As You Go - Legacy over standard Pay as you go?

Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @Snowy White:

I got my start with the same Target $88 deal! But maybe the year before, as I got a Nokia 6010 instead of the 6030. Still makes a great alarm clock!

Yeah that guy and deal you mentioned with the preloaded GR SIMs was pretty amazing at the time.
    I recently added $80 to my Gold plan and got a free Aristo 2 at Tmo store. Full circle. Not really free considering the airtime wasn’t really needed, but.....

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile Legacy Gold Reward Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    You're quite welcome.

I'm certainly glad I've still got mine (my first-ever cellular line of service, starting in 2005).

$10 per year? Sheeee-it...!
    Looking at my old posts, it looks like I got my mom on the plan in 2004. I switched mine to it after that, I think when my contact was up with a different carrier.

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Love these discussions on Gold Rewards. I have 2. Don't use 'em too much but get a kick out of the $10 a year. I requested the .10 rate over 2 years ago. Just checked my accounts and see that I am still on the .10 rate. I was afraid I'd have to request it every year but apparently it's tentatively permanent.

Just wish you could still get data passes. If I am wrong about that, please advise.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I did the call-in to T-Mo support around the same time for the $0.10/min adjustment (when everyone found out about them granting it), but as far as my experience, that was a one time deal (i.e. temporary).

This past October when I re-upped with a $10 refill it went in as a standard amount with 35 minutes added, yielding (just for that refill) a $0.29/min rate. Which should not be confused with what my aggregate cost per minute ends up being with that amount being added to the "full pot" of available minutes and total account balance I have for that line of service.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm a long-time Tmobile prepaid customer. I have a sims which has the old $2 per day unlimited talk, text and 2g data prepaid plan.

When they got rid of those per day prepaid accounts I kept them as Grandfathered Legacy. It seems now these $2 per day prepaid accounts no longer have any data now -> not sure when that happened because I thought I still had data but I'm reading and it seems to say no more.

I'm curious about Gold Rewards because my sims does NOT show Gold Rewards. I have 130 credit on it and I've had to add $10 every 90 days instead of every 365 days. Was something wrong with my SIMs?

I'm thinking now instead of $40 per year, I might as well switch to the current Pay as you Go Prepaid at $10/mth because at least I can add a data pass and I don't have to add any more $ to this ever until my credit is gone.

Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I still use my $2/day plan. The data speeds are variable but data definitely still works.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    I still use my $2/day plan. The data speeds are variable but data definitely still works.
    Interesting...I see you're in Victoria. So when you're in the US, you're still getting data on the $2 Unlimited talk/text and 2g plan? I've found nothing is working for me. I hardly use it so I've built up a balance by adding $40/yr so that's why I'm thinking of switching to the Pay as you go prepaid plan...it's $3/month but at least I don't have to add any more $ for 3 plus yrs. When I exhaust my $130 credit there, I'll re-evaluate if I keep this SIM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Postpaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For awhile I had 3 sims on the 2$ plan. After they decomissioned their 2G network, I was getting full 4G speeds on that plan. Nearly two years later, the plan was throttled to slow speeds all the time. Unusable speeds. So I called in, and asked if they can switch me to the 3$ daily plan. Even though that plan was discounted, they made an exception and switched me to it. I argued I always used the 3$ daily plan, and just happened to be on the 2$ plan the day they discontinued the plans without warning. And on both these plans, i always had to top up 10$ every 90 days. The 10$/365 days is only on the legacy pay as you go plan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3