Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's keeps you with cricket or what's your favorite feature etc?

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    #1 for me is price. I have the 5/$100 old plan.

Coverage is also important but I don’t really travel that far or that often from home base, so I haven’t had to stress test it.

Another thing is no monitoring of usage. I had my kids on TracFone before. The price was right: $20 every 90 days per line for 180 minutes/text/MB of data plus I would add larger buckets of text and data every once in a while. At least that was the plan and I would just refil them every 90 days due to expiration dates. My older one kept within her buckets but my younger one blew through her texting and data buckets often so I kept having to check and refill them. Ultimately, that became a chore. With Cricket, I have the monthly payment linked to my credit card. I know it’s going to be the same amount every month and if my younger one maxes out her high speed data allowance, she just has to deal with it till the next month starts.

Feedback Score
    Reading this thread shows how important voice coverage still is to most people. I recently tried T-Mobile/Metro PCS to get some free phones to use on Cricket and couldn't believe how bad the, supposedly improving, T-Mobile network still is.

Feedback Score
    Nothing. After being a customer since the AIO days, I left last year for Red Pocket. Got fed up with Cricket's shenanigans and the push to get more $$ from customers etc.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Nothing. After being a customer since the AIO days, I left last year for Red Pocket. Got fed up with Cricket's shenanigans and the push to get more $$ from customers etc.
    Red pocket is great for those only needing either no or low volume data. Red pocket has their issues too, with cs and changing rate plans. Cricket afaik didn't raise rates for current customers. But on the other hand, cricket's best value is with multi line deals.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Reading this thread shows how important voice coverage still is to most people. I recently tried T-Mobile/Metro PCS to get some free phones to use on Cricket and couldn't believe how bad the, supposedly improving, T-Mobile network still is.
    Just curious. I'm in my first month of trying metropcs/tmb and partially agree with your comments. Metro has sort of backward customer service, compared to cricket, but their coverage has improved dramatically in the last year or so, but still not as "solid" as att. On the positive side, their data speed is great.

Was your service bad everywhere, or just in spots. How long ago and where?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Just curious. I'm in my first month of trying metropcs/tmb and partially agree with your comments. Metro has sort of backward customer service, compared to cricket, but their coverage has improved dramatically in the last year or so, but still not as "solid" as att. On the positive side, their data speed is great.

Was your service bad everywhere, or just in spots. How long ago and where?
    Had Metro service with phone purchases 3 times in the last year. Metro works fine in lower Michigan but their service is horrible in upper Michigan and the upper peninsula of Michigan. What's funny is the Metro coverage map shows good coverage in a lot of areas where I couldn't get a signal. The phones I used were the Sammy J7 and a bunch of ZTEs. Everyone talks about how much better T-Mobile is getting so I'm guessing that Metro doesn't have access to the roaming agreements T-Mobile may have.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krabbs View Post
    Favorite feature has to be the $25 upgrade fee imposed on existing customers. Hahaha.

Price and AT&T coverage
    I hate upgrade, activation, and sim fees all across the board.

When I had cricket it was pretty solid though, good price, good network also

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krabbs View Post
    Favorite feature has to be the $25 upgrade fee imposed on existing customers. Hahaha.

Price and AT&T coverage
    Is this the phone upgrade fee? Hasn't bothered me since I upgrade them thru ebay. Believe stores charge fee too but not online. Most carriers/dealers have these annoying charges,but they got to pay their bills too.
    Last edited by plane; 05-12-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    Favorite feature is throttling, then all the fees, also less coverage. It's really great. Referrals please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Favorite feature is throttling, then all the fees, also less coverage. It's really great. Referrals please.
    What carrier are you with that has better coverage then Cricket???? And it's good to see that you're starting to understand that throttling is not a big deal for most.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Had Metro service with phone purchases 3 times in the last year. Metro works fine in lower Michigan but their service is horrible in upper Michigan and the upper peninsula of Michigan. What's funny is the Metro coverage map shows good coverage in a lot of areas where I couldn't get a signal. The phones I used were the Sammy J7 and a bunch of ZTEs. Everyone talks about how much better T-Mobile is getting so I'm guessing that Metro doesn't have access to the roaming agreements T-Mobile may have.
    Not sure if I'm accurate here, but with metro coverage maps, while the larger scale maps may indicate good coverage, but if you scale didn't to street level detail, the info may be different, and more accurate and actually matches the poor service areas that I'm encountering. These areas are of course still annoying, but the map detail at least is more accurate.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    You proudly put your ignorance on public display. MetroPCS has the worst throttling in the industry... when you don’t have coverage you are automatically throttled to 0 Mbps!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

What's keeps you with cricket or what's your favorite feature etc?

Three guys walk into a bar, the guy with Verizon cell service runs a Speedtest and says “hey look at this I get 80 Mbps!” The Guy with Cricket Service runs a Speedtest and says “Hey look at this I get 3 Mbps!” The Guy with TMobile/MetroPCS runs a Speedtest and says “#[email protected]%*...no service!”

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Three guys walk into a bar, the guy with Verizon cell service runs a Speedtest and says “hey look at this I get 80 Mbps!” The Guy with Cricket Service runs a Speedtest and says “Hey look at this I get 3 Mbps!” The Guy with TMobile/MetroPCS runs a Speedtest and says “#[email protected]%*...no service!”
    A good one....... This is really a classic!
    Last edited by plane; 05-14-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Not sure if I'm accurate here, but with metro coverage maps, while the larger scale maps may indicate good coverage, but if you scale didn't to street level detail, the info may be different, and more accurate and actually matches the poor service areas that I'm encountering. These areas are of course still annoying, but the map detail at least is more accurate.
    That didn't work while I was on T-Mobile. If the maps had been accurate, at least I'd say they're aware of where they have coverage issues. But in areas that, down to the street level, were listed as good to excellent coverage I'd still drop calls. I even bought a new Band 12 phone to test the service before I ported out, and still had issues with dropouts and inability to receive calls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast