Thread: WhoCalled no longer offered on new plans?

Feedback Score

WhoCalled no longer offered on new plans?

I was previously with Rogers and found the WhoCalled service very useful as it would notify you of missed calls when callers didn't leave voicemails when you were outside the coverage area or underground. Recently ported back to Rogers and realized it wasn't working and called in to Customer Service to activate. The agent informed me that WhoCalled had been grandfathered. Is there no way to get it on current plans? It makes no sense to discontinue such a useful feature.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1 View Post
    I was previously with Rogers and found the WhoCalled service very useful as it would notify you of missed calls when callers didn't leave voicemails when you were outside the coverage area or underground. Recently ported back to Rogers and realized it wasn't working and called in to Customer Service to activate. The agent informed me that WhoCalled had been grandfathered. Is there no way to get it on current plans? It makes no sense to discontinue such a useful feature.
    I can confirm this to be the case for more than a year now. I had the same issue, and they said they cannot activate it on new lines. What's interesting is that WhoCalled is still available on Fido, and I subsequently signed up with fido during the $60 10gb promotion. I added the $7 value pack which includes WhoCalled, and it is working fine. I am surprised Rogers discontinued this service; it is very useful.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    I can confirm this to be the case for more than a year now. I had the same issue, and they said they cannot activate it on new lines. What's interesting is that WhoCalled is still available on Fido, and I subsequently signed up with fido during the $60 10gb promotion. I added the $7 value pack which includes WhoCalled, and it is working fine. I am surprised Rogers discontinued this service; it is very useful.
    this is true, rogers doesnt have it anymore - either fido or freedom mobile with missed call alert.

Feedback Score
    was a useless feature anyways

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

WhoCalled no longer offered on new plans?

I’m still of the opinion that the only reason they offered Who Called was due to the fact that their network suffered from tremendous capacity issues even in areas where signal was strong...so there were many times when people (including myself when I was with Rogers) would get these who called messages in areas with perfect reception. I don’t think they need that anymore with the network being more stable than it was years ago.

Feedback Score
    yeah thats probably why,

Feedback Score
    It’s still useful when in low coverage areas, eg basements, garages, deep inside buildings. Lots of areas still have weak coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk