Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    I only get 1 or 2 bars in my apartment. Signal strength is about -100 to about -108 dBm.
    Does that signal strength actually cause you a problem like dropped calls or slow(er) data speeds? In my house, my signal strength is consistently hovering around -104 and I never have any voice or data issues of any kind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    Not sure about the Primary line stuff. I added a 3gb line to my plan last night. I just upgraded to the 8gb plan and yes, I did keep my double data. It took a few minutes to show up on the site.
    Scratch that. My double data on the upgraded line disappeared. Not trusting Verizon chat ever again, but how in the world do you even get to talk to a real human when you call customer service?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Yes. In order to do it you would need to add the 8GB line to the 3GB line so the 3GB line becomes the primary line. Not the other way around. Or if the family plan is already created just make the 3GB line the primary line.
    Thanks. I’m surprised Verizon makes it so easy to maximize the family discounts.

FWIW, the dealer that sold me my double data SIM cards said the double data promotion ends at the end of the year. But if you're able to upgrade to the 8GB plan from within your VZW account (and the double data remains) it may not make any difference.
    I read that earlier in the thread, and I was planning on switching to Verizon Prepaid, so I quickly ordered two 6GB SIMs from eBay that should arrive tomorrow, 12/31, but now I’m thinking that I should have gotten one 6GB and one 16GB. Hopefully Verizon will let me upgrade the secondary line to 16GB down the road.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes. In order to do it you would need to add the 8GB line to the 3GB line so the 3GB line becomes the primary line. Not the other way around. Or if the family plan is already created just make the 3GB line the primary line.

Not sure about this as I haven't tried it. I think the question would be is the double data promotion tied to the plan or the line?*

FWIW, the dealer that sold me my double data SIM cards said the double data promotion ends at the end of the year. But if you're able to upgrade to the 8GB plan from within your VZW account (and the double data remains) it may not make any difference.

*However, the post from DebW appears promising.

Hmmm, so I guess it's too late to order one over eBay and still get 2x data? It usually takes 3-4 days for me to receive and activate.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Hmmm, so I guess it's too late to order one over eBay and still get 2x data? It usually takes 3-4 days for me to receive and activate.
    Hard to say. There's a lot of sellers on eBay still selling double data SIM cards. I was told by the eBay seller/dealer that sold me double data SIM cards he was told the double data promotion ends at the end of the year. But that was last summer so maybe the promotion has been extended? I don't know. If interested, I would contact an eBay seller and ask them what the story is.

https://bestmvno.com/verizon-wireles...dapay-dealers/

Here's a seller that does same day activations but you need to supply your own SIM card:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUR-SIM-ACTIVATED-6gb-DATA-40-PLAN-1ST-MONTH-USA-VERIZON-DEALER/153311974931?hash=item23b21b1613:g:7VkAAOSwydZcHFF j:rk:9f:0

PS. I just called one of the dealers (in Georgia) directly and she said the double data promotion ends in February. So who knows for sure?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hard to say. There's a lot of sellers on eBay still selling double data SIM cards. I was told by the eBay seller/dealer that sold me double data SIM cards he was told the double data promotion ends at the end of the year. But that was last summer so maybe the promotion has been extended? I don't know. If interested, I would contact an eBay seller and ask them what the story is.

https://bestmvno.com/verizon-wireles...dapay-dealers/

Here's a seller that does same day activations but you need to supply your own SIM card:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUR-SIM-ACTIVATED-6gb-DATA-40-PLAN-1ST-MONTH-USA-VERIZON-DEALER/153311974931?hash=item23b21b1613:g:7VkAAOSwydZcHFF j:rk:9f:0
    Oh, I thought your conversation was more contemporary. I already contacted my regular dealer to see what he says. Otherwise, I have some Mint sims I need to activate.

Update: My eBay seller:
    Dear Customer, Do not worry this promotion isn't ending anytime soon so if you would like go ahead and place your order.

Thank You

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    Scratch that. My double data on the upgraded line disappeared. Not trusting Verizon chat ever again, but how in the world do you even get to talk to a real human when you call customer service?
    How long have you had double data?

I signed up for a new line on the 3GB plan (doubled to 6GB) yesterday. I called Verizon to ask if I could keep the double data promotion if I were to upgrade to the 8GB plan. The rep wasn’t sure and put me on hold to research. She found out that I would have to stay on the current plan for at least 2 months, and then I could switch to 8GB and get 16GB... if I were to switch before 2 months is up, I would lose the double data promo.

Not sure if that’s accurate, but that’s what I was told. Has anyone else tried to upgrade their plan?

Feedback Score
    My double data 7gb plan with carry over did not load the carry over 14g( or max allowed for my 7GB plan) when it renewed again on Sunday. Will have to call them tomorrow to get the additional 7gb carry over data loaded. This is the 3rd time in 5 months where I have had this issue and had to call to get them to add the carry over. Ugh.

Ian B

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27