Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Is 600kbps a limit of all VZW prepaid hotspot, new and old (non-unlim)

Just did a speedtest, connected at 16Mbps (speedtest.net slowly crawled up but registered dl speed as that) - on old 7gb plan
    Hotspot data is full speed on tiered plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    That has been my experience also. But the information balloon for "Mobile Hotspot" in the plan description is confusing:

Share your Verizon network connection with other devices so they can access the internet at 4G speeds. Mobile hotspot/tethering speeds up to 600kpbs applies. Excludes the $70 Unlimited plan.
    The first sentence says you can share your connection with other devices at "4G speeds."

The next sentence "appears" to say max hotspot speed is 600kpbs?? I don't get it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    That has been my experience also. But the information balloon for "Mobile Hotspot" in the plan description is confusing:

The first sentence says you can share your connection with other devices at "4G speeds."

The next sentence "appears" to say max hotspot speed is 600kpbs?? I don't get it.
    Verizon has revised its hotspot info now. No more confusing. Tier plans have full speed tethering. Unlimited plan has no more hotspot/tethering but some ppl with new plan still luckily have it at 600 kpbs. Verizon system has not been fully implemented for the new plans I guess

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Until you hit you tiered limit then it's 128 kbps( which is pretty useless )

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Until you hit you tiered limit then it's 128 kbps( which is pretty useless )
    Correct. For the first time in over a year, I experienced 128 Kbps and Oh Mylanta it was impossible to do almost anything except for basic browsing on safari. Couldn’t even stream Apple Music without pausing the song to let it load. It was annoying. Thank goodness I have Wi-Fi in my car so I didn’t have to deal with that while on the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about porting from a vzw mvno to this double data plan.

I have an unlocked verizon branded LG V20 to use.

I'll need sim and airtime card. I see a vidapay dealer about 28 miles away. Should I go there or buy what I need from eBay?

Do you eBay purchasers use your bank credit card or a prepaid cc?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post

I'll need sim and airtime card. I see a vidapay dealer about 28 miles away. Should I go there or buy what I need from eBay?
    Definitely eBay. Otherwise, you won't get the discount. Double data SIM card includes first month's airtime.

Do you eBay purchasers use your bank credit card or a prepaid cc?
    Most people use PayPal. But you can use a credit card or go to the store and buy an eBay gift card which is what I do since my credit card company gives me a 6% cashback reward for all grocery store purchases.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Pre-Paid
    Feedback Score
    Definitely eBay. Otherwise, you won't get the discount. Double data SIM card includes first month's airtime.

Most people use PayPal. But you can use a credit card or go to the store and buy an eBay gift card which is what I do since my credit card company gives me a 6% cashback reward for all grocery store purchases.
    Can I ask, what credit card company you use to get this 6% cashback? It sounds like a great deal!

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Meteor View Post
    Can I ask, what credit card company you use to get this 6% cashback? It sounds like a great deal!
    Depends. There's a $95/year fee so you have to spend enough money on that card to make it worth paying the annual fee. But I spend enough money on groceries and gift cards to make it worth it. It wouldn't be worth it to me if it wasn't for the gift cards. That's how I fund my Amazon account for instance. Plus your store has to accept American Express. Some grocery stores (like my local Food Co-Op) won't accept it.

Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card (6% cashback on all grocery store purchases but with $95 annual fee)
    Amex Blue Cash Everyday Card (3% cashback on all grocery store purchases with no annual fee)

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Would you mind pointing me in the right direction for the sim and airtime card please?

Thanks for the info.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Would you mind pointing me in the right direction for the sim and airtime card please?
    Which plan?

This is the seller I used when I got the $50 8GB/16GB double data SIM activation card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wir...d/112768156829

Here's one for the $40 3GB/6GB plan.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-SIM....c100903.m5276

For refill cards I just do a search on eBay and then sort from cheapest to most expensive. Of course, always check reputation/feedback of the seller. $40 refill cards seem to have the biggest discount but prices have gone up.

Try searching for : "40 verizon wireless prepaid refill card"

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Which plan?

This is the seller I used when I got the $50 8GB/16GB double data SIM activation card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wir...d/112768156829

Here's one for the $40 3GB/6GB plan.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-SIM....c100903.m5276

For refill cards I just do a search on eBay and then sort from cheapest to most expensive. Of course, always check reputation/feedback of the seller. $40 refill cards seem to have the biggest discount but prices have gone up.

Try searching for : "40 verizon wireless prepaid refill card"
    Sorry, I forgot to mention which plan. It's the $40 plan which you provided a link to. I want to keep my number so I'll need to find someone who can handle the port.

Thanks for your help!

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I want to keep my number so I'll need to find someone who can handle the port.
    Or you can initiate the port yourself after the new line is activated thru your account with My Verizon.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Or you can initiate the port yourself after the new line is activated thru your account with My Verizon.
    Who creates the Verizon account? The eBay seller or me. I didn't know that I could port my number after activation with a new number. I'll be porting from TracFone vzw mvno.
    LG V20 (Verizon)

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Who creates the Verizon account? The eBay seller or me. I didn't know that I could port my number after activation with a new number. I'll be porting from TracFone vzw mvno.
    When the seller activates your double data SIM card your Verizon prepaid account is automatically created. If I remember right the seller will then send you your number and temporary PIN. You login with your number and PIN where you'll create a password, username, change your PIN, etc. Once the account is completely set up you can select Change Mobile Number. Then one of your options is to Port Existing Number.

I've already changed my number twice because the number(s) I was getting were getting spam calls. I use Google Voice so I don't care what the underlying carrier number is........as long as it doesn't get spammed to death. Your double data is tied to your plan, not your phone number.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast