Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: (Official) Sprint and T-mobile have merged

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

(Official) Sprint and T-mobile have merged

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...on-Increasing/

Total sub count would be around 127 Million.
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $80.99/month

Feedback Score
    Sprint will be no more:

"The combined company will be named T-Mobile"

T-Mobile's CEO will run the new company. Claure will get a spot on the board:

"John Legere, current President and Chief Executive Officer of T-Mobile US and the creator of T-Mobile’s successful Un-carrier strategy, will serve as Chief Executive Officer, and Mike Sievert, current Chief Operating Officer of T-Mobile, will serve as President and Chief Operating Officer of the combined company. The remaining members of the new management team will be selected from both companies during the closing period. Tim Höttges, current T-Mobile US Chairman of the Board, will serve as Chairman of the Board for the new company. Masayoshi Son, current SoftBank Group Chairman and CEO, and Marcelo Claure, current Chief Executive Officer of Sprint, will serve on the board of the new company. "

Here is the official merger site with a video from both CEO's which describe the new T-Mobile:

https://allfor5g.com/

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I had a feeling it was coming. The end of an era for over 20 years. Sad day for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    Sprint user since 1997

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Now we just wait for the DOJ to "approve" of this transaction...by attempting to block it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryt510 View Post
    I had a feeling it was coming. The end of an era for over 20 years. Sad day for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    I wouldn't say it is guaranteed. They had a lot of hurdles before it is approved.

This quote is odd to me however:

“This isn’t a case of going from four to three wireless companies – there are now at least seven or eight big competitors in this converging
    market," Legere said in a statement.

can anyone name the 5th, 6th and 7th "big" competitors? 5th would be US Cellular I guess, but with 2 mil or less customers I hardly call that "big"

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Together they will form a $146B Company

• They've entered into an all-stock transaction at an exchange of 0.10256 T-Mobile shares for each Sprint share, or equivalent to 9.75 Sprint shares for each T-Mobile share.
    • The $26B deal makes an implied enterprise value of about $59B for Sprint; about $146B for the combination. They expect run-rate cost synergies of $6B-plus, representing a net present value of more than $43B.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/335008...aee#email_link
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    cellular south
    Feedback Score
    So sprint customers become tmobile? Are our phone compatible with tmobile or are we gonna need new phones?
    Website Design
    youonthenetyet

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamagolfer View Post
    So sprint customers become tmobile? Are our phone compatible with tmobile or are we gonna need new phones?
    20 million Sprint customers already own mobile devices that will work well with T-Mobile's existing network. Software updates will likely be pushed to these phones when it comes time to migrate your line over to T-Mobile's network.

The migration will likely take up to 3 years to finish in its entirety so I wouldn't worry about this today. Most people will have newer even more compatible phones by then.

The deal still has to be approved by US regulators before any of this starts to take place.

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Depends on the phone. For ex a Galaxy S8 will be compatible with TMobile once a TMobile sim is inserted into the phone, TMobile bands will be usable on the phone after a reboot, carrier apps will also appear and splash screen changes etc. iPhones it's just pop in a sim and register to the network if needed and done. Older phones, especially those without TMobile bands or Sprint specific software, may have some problems and warrant a phone upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I wonder if new phones put out by Sprint will include Band 71 functionality?

It would make sense to do this erroring on the side that the merger would be approved IMHO and make the transition that much smoother.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Funny how John spoke 80% of the time. None mentioned the layoffs coming when the two company merged.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Funny how John spoke 80% of the time. None mentioned the layoffs coming when the two company merged.
    He spoke about the jobs the combined companies will create and the economies of scale that would promote job growth in other industries as a result of the increased CAPEX etc. They plan to spend around $40 Billion in network investments over a 3 year period.

Hopefully some of affected legacy Sprint employees can pursue opportunities with T-Mobile as positions become avaialble. T-Mobile is still expanding retail stores at a rapid clip as it and retail just happens to be the largest segment of employees for Sprint.

The KC HQ is still going to be around but we don't know all the details on which employees will work there or not?

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    As 5G becomes reality, network differences won't be a hurdle. Sprint already has roaming agreements with AT&T. With the death of 3G, and more unlocked phones having most 4G LTE bands built in, it won't be as big of an issue.

As far as customers go, it may depend on if you have an agreement with Sprint at the time this is finalized. Before, people with contracts had to be given a grace period to be able to switch to a new carrier if they wanted to without any financial penalties. Now that people aren't technically under a contract, that may be different. They may have to unlock your phone and allow you to go if you want. Time will tell.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    What's the scoop on the prepaid side of the house?

Any concerns about long term viability of each brand and whether or not they will be consolidated?

Feedback Score
    Business, Rural Coverage, Jobs, 5G, take on Charter, Comcast, AT&T and Verizon...all good points...

Definitely had to refer to Dumb and Dumber to make sure it really was Legere talking

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast