Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: AT&T to Offer New Streaming Service to Wireless Subscribers for Free

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,165
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    AT&T to Offer New Streaming Service to Wireless Subscribers for Free

    https://www.wirelessweek.com/news/20...bscribers-free

    AT&T reportedly plans to introduce a new, inexpensive live streaming service that contains no sports content and will be offered to the carrier’s wireless subscribers for free.

    The reports, later confirmed by spokespeople, came from multiple people watching as AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson testified Thursday during the ongoing antitrust trial over its pending merger with Time Warner.

    AT&T Watch, as the over-the-top service is called, will launch in coming weeks and cost $15 per month for anyone not subscribing to an AT&T wireless plan, according to Washington Post reporter Brian Fung.

    https://twitter.com/b_fung/status/98...bscribers-free
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,406
    Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    0
    Probably only if you have a super expensive unlimited plan.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,429
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Probably only if you have a super expensive unlimited plan.
    In some cases they offer $15 off DirecTV No for unlimited plans. I'm not sure if I qualify since I went unlimited before this was offered (and I'm on the 3 month $105 plan now where I got a "free" Apple TV).

    And yes, I figure this won't be offered to less expensive plans for free. But probably zero rated for data. And not for prepaid.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    194
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wonder if we have a line $20 mobley ahem ahem.. is that considered a wireless subscriber ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    166
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max (personal), iPhone XS Max (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    In some cases they offer $15 off DirecTV No for unlimited plans. I'm not sure if I qualify since I went unlimited before this was offered (and I'm on the 3 month $105 plan now where I got a "free" Apple TV).

    And yes, I figure this won't be offered to less expensive plans for free. But probably zero rated for data. And not for prepaid.
    AT&T offers a $15 (previously $25) credit on *any* AT&T TV product, not just the streaming service. I am still grandfathered on the $25 credit and free HBO offered to Unlimited Plus subscribers, initially applied to U-Verse TV, then switched to DirecTV satellite.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,429
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tb_ View Post
    AT&T offers a $15 (previously $25) credit on *any* AT&T TV product, not just the streaming service. I am still grandfathered on the $25 credit and free HBO offered to Unlimited Plus subscribers, initially applied to U-Verse TV, then switched to DirecTV satellite.
    But I'm only hoping to use it for the streaming service. Over the last few years, except for college football, my tv viewing has moved to a few network type shows. I've setup an antenna and hardware to DVR it to my computer, and don't want to signup for a full system at this time. (I just dropped cable TV last Friday, I'll see how this works out. Not as turnkey as a DVR from cable or satellite service). DirecTV now due to the promotion, and possible discount in the future.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    361
    Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    0
    I already receive a 25 dollar discount for dtv now being an att unlimited user...

    Are they going to drop that in favor of a 15 dollar skinny streaming service.... sure hope not

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    374
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    I already receive a 25 dollar discount for dtv now being an att unlimited user...

    Are they going to drop that in favor of a 15 dollar skinny streaming service.... sure hope not
    We get to keep that $25. You can choose to switch it over however. I'm gonna see what they're offering. I get $25 off DTV Now so, depending on the selection, I might drop it in favor of this.
    AT&T: 2009 to Present
    Sprint: 2000 to 2009

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,442
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    0
    Call me old fashioned. I love sports. I’ll keep my original Dtvnow promo for $35 that includes espn and nba tv and $5 for HBO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,406
    Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wouldn't want any of these promos. I'd rather keep my AT&T plan, which is much better than the Unlimited plans. I've got the 20GB MSV for the price of 10/15GB plus Canadian Roaming Bonus.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    518
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    I wouldn't want any of these promos. I'd rather keep my AT&T plan, which is much better than the Unlimited plans. I've got the 20GB MSV for the price of 10/15GB plus Canadian Roaming Bonus.
    I think "better" is subjective in your case. 20GB MSV is not better for those of us with 10 lines and regularly hitting the 1TB mark.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,859
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    I think "better" is subjective in your case. 20GB MSV is not better for those of us with 10 lines and regularly hitting the 1TB mark.
    Agreed. Blew through 30gb on our hotspot over our extra long weekend out of town. Unlimited data rocks. No need to micromanage useage.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,070
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    I think "better" is subjective in your case. 20GB MSV is not better for those of us with 10 lines and regularly hitting the 1TB mark.
    Don't get GSMinCT stirred up. Up until a few months ago, anyone who used more than 2 gb of data on a phone in a month was abusive and wasteful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    569
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Don't get GSMinCT stirred up. Up until a few months ago, anyone who used more than 2 gb of data on a phone in a month was abusive and wasteful.
    Yeah - these people that whine about "abusing" the network - when you've paid them good money for "unlimited" data....... Geez!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    314
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, "Too Bad" on people that get on their high horses about people using tons of data when "WE" pay for unlimited data with our plans. When people like that blank and complain about people using high amounts of data over the wireless network pay for people like me then they can say something otherwise shut the blank up. I and others pay our bills to have that RIGHT to use the unlimited data the way WE see fit. I use on my phone for this bill cycle and have 2 days left about 350GBs of data and I have a friend that uses my Nighthawk hot spot and he has like about 210GBs on it. So, Again when people want to pay for mine or others wireless bills then they can say something.
    Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note 8
    Plan: AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi-Line $235.00/mo. For 7 Devices
    Ins: AT&T Multi-Device Protection Pack $34.99

    Airtouch: (VZW Now) 9/1997 - 7/2001 (Micro T-A-C Lite II Retired & Still Have 2 This Date) & Motorola SC-725 Retired
    Nextel: 7/2001 - 10/2010 (i2k+, i95cl, i860, i930, & i680 Retired)
    Sprint: 6/2008 - 12/19/2017 (ic902, v950, Blackberry Bold 9650/9930, Galaxy Note 2, 3, & 4 Retired)
    Airave: 06/2010 - 12/19/2017
    AT&T: 12/19/2017 - Current

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Telus to offer new service to unlock phones
    By iridescence in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 05:05 AM
  2. Where is the best place to get new VZN service?
    By Mannydog in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 02:54 PM
  3. Saudi Arabia to offer new cellular licenses
    By eakenn in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 01:02 AM
  4. AT&T to Offer More Consumer Services
    By Joe Blowe in forum AT&T
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 10:36 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2002, 11:27 PM

Bookmarks