Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

AT&T to Offer New Streaming Service to Wireless Subscribers for Free

https://www.wirelessweek.com/news/20...bscribers-free

AT&T reportedly plans to introduce a new, inexpensive live streaming service that contains no sports content and will be offered to the carrier’s wireless subscribers for free.

The reports, later confirmed by spokespeople, came from multiple people watching as AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson testified Thursday during the ongoing antitrust trial over its pending merger with Time Warner.

AT&T Watch, as the over-the-top service is called, will launch in coming weeks and cost $15 per month for anyone not subscribing to an AT&T wireless plan, according to Washington Post reporter Brian Fung.

https://twitter.com/b_fung/status/98...bscribers-free
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Probably only if you have a super expensive unlimited plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Probably only if you have a super expensive unlimited plan.
    In some cases they offer $15 off DirecTV No for unlimited plans. I'm not sure if I qualify since I went unlimited before this was offered (and I'm on the 3 month $105 plan now where I got a "free" Apple TV).

And yes, I figure this won't be offered to less expensive plans for free. But probably zero rated for data. And not for prepaid.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if we have a line $20 mobley ahem ahem.. is that considered a wireless subscriber ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max (personal), iPhone XS Max (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    In some cases they offer $15 off DirecTV No for unlimited plans. I'm not sure if I qualify since I went unlimited before this was offered (and I'm on the 3 month $105 plan now where I got a "free" Apple TV).

And yes, I figure this won't be offered to less expensive plans for free. But probably zero rated for data. And not for prepaid.
    AT&T offers a $15 (previously $25) credit on *any* AT&T TV product, not just the streaming service. I am still grandfathered on the $25 credit and free HBO offered to Unlimited Plus subscribers, initially applied to U-Verse TV, then switched to DirecTV satellite.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb_ View Post
    AT&T offers a $15 (previously $25) credit on *any* AT&T TV product, not just the streaming service. I am still grandfathered on the $25 credit and free HBO offered to Unlimited Plus subscribers, initially applied to U-Verse TV, then switched to DirecTV satellite.
    But I'm only hoping to use it for the streaming service. Over the last few years, except for college football, my tv viewing has moved to a few network type shows. I've setup an antenna and hardware to DVR it to my computer, and don't want to signup for a full system at this time. (I just dropped cable TV last Friday, I'll see how this works out. Not as turnkey as a DVR from cable or satellite service). DirecTV now due to the promotion, and possible discount in the future.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    I already receive a 25 dollar discount for dtv now being an att unlimited user...

Are they going to drop that in favor of a 15 dollar skinny streaming service.... sure hope not

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    I already receive a 25 dollar discount for dtv now being an att unlimited user...

Are they going to drop that in favor of a 15 dollar skinny streaming service.... sure hope not
    We get to keep that $25. You can choose to switch it over however. I'm gonna see what they're offering. I get $25 off DTV Now so, depending on the selection, I might drop it in favor of this.
    AT&T: 2009 to Present
    Sprint: 2000 to 2009

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Call me old fashioned. I love sports. I’ll keep my original Dtvnow promo for $35 that includes espn and nba tv and $5 for HBO.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't want any of these promos. I'd rather keep my AT&T plan, which is much better than the Unlimited plans. I've got the 20GB MSV for the price of 10/15GB plus Canadian Roaming Bonus.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    I wouldn't want any of these promos. I'd rather keep my AT&T plan, which is much better than the Unlimited plans. I've got the 20GB MSV for the price of 10/15GB plus Canadian Roaming Bonus.
    I think "better" is subjective in your case. 20GB MSV is not better for those of us with 10 lines and regularly hitting the 1TB mark.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    I think "better" is subjective in your case. 20GB MSV is not better for those of us with 10 lines and regularly hitting the 1TB mark.
    Agreed. Blew through 30gb on our hotspot over our extra long weekend out of town. Unlimited data rocks. No need to micromanage useage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    Don't get GSMinCT stirred up. Up until a few months ago, anyone who used more than 2 gb of data on a phone in a month was abusive and wasteful.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Don't get GSMinCT stirred up. Up until a few months ago, anyone who used more than 2 gb of data on a phone in a month was abusive and wasteful.
    Yeah - these people that whine about "abusing" the network - when you've paid them good money for "unlimited" data....... Geez!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, "Too Bad" on people that get on their high horses about people using tons of data when "WE" pay for unlimited data with our plans. When people like that blank and complain about people using high amounts of data over the wireless network pay for people like me then they can say something otherwise shut the blank up. I and others pay our bills to have that RIGHT to use the unlimited data the way WE see fit. I use on my phone for this bill cycle and have 2 days left about 350GBs of data and I have a friend that uses my Nighthawk hot spot and he has like about 210GBs on it. So, Again when people want to pay for mine or others wireless bills then they can say something.
    Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note 8
    Plan: AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi-Line $235.00/mo. For 7 Devices
    Ins: AT&T Multi-Device Protection Pack $34.99

Airtouch: (VZW Now) 9/1997 - 7/2001 (Micro T-A-C Lite II Retired & Still Have 2 This Date) & Motorola SC-725 Retired
    Nextel: 7/2001 - 10/2010 (i2k+, i95cl, i860, i930, & i680 Retired)
    Sprint: 6/2008 - 12/19/2017 (ic902, v950, Blackberry Bold 9650/9930, Galaxy Note 2, 3, & 4 Retired)
    Airave: 06/2010 - 12/19/2017
    AT&T: 12/19/2017 - Current

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast