Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Zte may be out of business.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Net10
    Feedback Score
    Why do you think many manufacturers have both xyz phone and xyz+ phones? Hint, the different size classes appeal to different people.

5.5 does seem to be most popular judging from what I see people using at work. So? That's going off on a tangent to a tangent. What was this thread about anyway?

Feedback Score
    My LG G4 5.5" is sitting in a drawer & my LG G Flex 6" is my everyday because of the screen size.

The LG G4 is the better phone spec-wise but I don't care. My G Flex is my better phone.
    https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...ones/8199,9104
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    Why do you think many manufacturers have both xyz phone and xyz+ phones? Hint, the different size classes appeal to different people.

5.5 does seem to be most popular judging from what I see people using at work. So? That's going off on a tangent to a tangent. What was this thread about anyway?
    Nobody ever said anything to contrary of this. What was said was I believed phone A which had a 5.5 inch screen was better than phone B with a 6 inch screen, someone else said that you can't make that comparison because phone b has a 6 inch screen. That's an illogical statement. Of course you can compare the 2 devices. They both are targeting the same customer. As far as different size classes in phones, again this is something nobody ever debated, but name a oem who's 2 size classes are 5.5 inch for a small screen and 6 was the large screen. 5.5 inch devices were considered large screen devices.

Feedback Score
    So much unsubstantiated nonsense and personal opinion coated as facts, it's not even worth responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by skylar_G View Post
    Of course you won't, because it doesn't meet your preconceived views. If you owned a 5.5 inch device you would be trying to put that over. It's how the internet works. Putbover whatever you use at bthe moment as the best thing since sliced bread. But even if true, you are the clear minority, as I said 9 times out of 10 the same person who bought the 6 inch device, would of bought the same device if it was 5.5 inches. If metro was giving away a device with a 5.5 inch screen that was superior to the blade, I doubt most people would of chose the blade over that superior device just because it's screen size was a little bigger. I don't think most people would do that at all, or that most people did honestly. I would say the j7 prime likely sold more units than the blade zmax.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    So much unsubstantiated nonsense and personal opinion coated as facts, it's not even worth responding to.
    What exactly was coated as a fact?
    Last edited by skylar_G; 05-16-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Article saying zte may be essentially put out of business

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1HN1P1
    Not to worry. Trump now has a reason to help ZTE. http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/15/news...ect/index.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    My LG G4 5.5" is sitting in a drawer & my LG G Flex 6" is my everyday because of the screen size.

The LG G4 is the better phone spec-wise but I don't care. My G Flex is my better phone.
    I have G4 in the drawer as well. But it's because it's the second one with the boot-looping problem. I am forbidden from saying anything more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skylar_G View Post
    Because almost every device nowadays is in the 5.5 to 6 inch screen range. There really is no such thing as a phablet anymore.
    I think that the definition of a phablet has simply changed. Used to be a 5.5" screen, now it's 6.3" and up.

One thing I like about the iPhone is that they still sell sub-5" models but they aren't the crappy giveaway phones like most of the smaller Android phones. Many people, especially women, don't want a ginormous phone, but still want all the useful features of a mid-range or flagship. NFC, memory card slot, magnetometer, fingerprint reader, FM radio, these are not hard to put into a smaller phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    I have G4 in the drawer as well. But it's because it's the second one with the boot-looping problem. I am forbidden from saying anything more.
    Can you PM details?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Can you PM details?
    No, they were perfectly clear. Cannot disclose any details.

I also have a G3 that doesn't boot loop, it just shuts down when hot.

Funny that none of our lower end LG phones have had any problems. The higher performance chipsets run faster and hotter. On the G4, the boot-loop problem was apparently caused by a soldering issue where a component unsoldered itself. On the G3 it's probably a temp sensor shutting the phone down.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Believe it or not I got the V8 Pros for $40.00 each . Newegg has been running deals on it for $110.00 but they can sometimes be found new on Ebay for less. The V8 is a dual sim 5.5 incher that's kinda heavy for it's size. It's not a huge upgrade to your BladeZ but the camera is tons better. I tried carrying the BladeZ for a week but it was way to big for my life style which includes a lot of one hand texting. Even the V8's size is kinda irritating to me so I may start carrying a G5+.
    How long ago was that?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    This thread started on a completely different subject, but has been one of the most interesting/informative threads I've read lately.

My "phone" of choice oddly enough are currently two Samsung rugby/convoy flip phone(used on different networks).

I really am addicted to smartphones, they're wonderfully helpful toys, but as some of you have rightfully argued, the small ones are maybe too small, the bigger ones, which I seem to prefer are really too big to comfortably carry, but i keep the biggest one I have very close.

The little flip phone does most everything about making/, receiving calls better. The battery lasts for days, the reception is noticeably superior, and I seem to actually hear better. They are so small, I lose then in my pockets. Strange, I know.

Feedback Score
    Everything you said makes sense to me . It's all a matter of what works for each individuals needs specific needs. I use my phone mainly for browsing and messaging, even away from home - so I've just gotten accustomed to hauling a 6" phone around.

I even have a 4.5" beater for taking where a phone might get damaged and I don't usually have to use it much in that situation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    This thread started on a completely different subject, but has been one of the most interesting/informative threads I've read lately.

My "phone" of choice oddly enough are currently two Samsung rugby/convoy flip phone(used on different networks).

I really am addicted to smartphones, they're wonderfully helpful toys, but as some of you have rightfully argued, the small ones are maybe too small, the bigger ones, which I seem to prefer are really too big to comfortably carry, but i keep the biggest one I have very close.

The little flip phone does most everything about making/, receiving calls better. The battery lasts for days, the reception is noticeably superior, and I seem to actually hear better. They are so small, I lose then in my pockets. Strange, I know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    I think that the definition of a phablet has simply changed. Used to be a 5.5" screen, now it's 6.3" and up.

One thing I like about the iPhone is that they still sell sub-5" models but they aren't the crappy giveaway phones like most of the smaller Android phones. Many people, especially women, don't want a ginormous phone, but still want all the useful features of a mid-range or flagship. NFC, memory card slot, magnetometer, fingerprint reader, FM radio, these are not hard to put into a smaller phone.
    Yeah but with 18:9 screens almost everything is going to be 6 inches and up now. So really is there a such thing as a phablet anymore? Your low end devices are even coming out with 6.1, 6.2 inch screens with a 18:9 ratio. I don't really think there is a such thing as a phablet going forward, especially now you are also getting full bezeless displays as well. So the overall device size is smaller, they just crammed a 6.3 inch 18:9 screen into it. Look at the new lg g7. It has a 6.1 inch display, but yet the phone itself is smaller than the LG g5.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Everything you said makes sense to me . It's all a matter of what works for each individuals needs specific needs. I use my phone mainly for browsing and messaging, even away from home - so I've just gotten accustomed to hauling a 6" phone around.

I even have a 4.5" beater for taking where a phone might get damaged and I don't usually have to use it much in that situation anyway.
    Actually got in habit of these little throw a way phones when I was on the water more, and would just do a sim swap. I've drowned a few of them too, glad I had them.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast