Zte may be out of business.

Article saying zte may be essentially put out of business

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1HN1P1

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Yep. I imagine the Cricket, Att, Metro, etc will stop carrying their phones(no new orders). BestBuy, Target, etc, will probably also stop selling their phones after current stock is depleted.

Pretty much the death penalty for US sales.

Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    I think this is good move. Not only for them illegally selling phones to Iran but the fact their phones sends data back to the Chinese Government. I hope Huawei is next.

Feedback Score
    Bummer cuz I've had nothing but good luck with Huawei and ZTE phones the last 5 years. Currently sporting a V8 Pro on my main line and using a Blade Zmax for tablet duties. I would think that ZTE would look to Huawei for Kirin processors if they can't get Snapdragons.

Feedback Score
    Will Samsung offer a nice trade in allowance in ZTE products?!

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Seems Huawei is content not even trying to break into the u.s. market anymore, likely zte will follow.

https://www.androidauthority.com/hua...m_medium=gplus

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    So we can tell a Chinese company not to ship cell phones to Iran? I see many Iranians with iPhones in Iran.
    Cheap calling cards now available! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    So we can tell a Chinese company not to ship cell phones to Iran? I see many Iranians with iPhones in Iran.
    Not sold to them by apple.
    https://thetempest.co/2017/02/17/now...ran-and-apple/
    https://www.macrumors.com/2018/03/15...lable-in-iran/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/24/t...pple-iran.html

You'll also find pixel devices in Iran,doesn't mean Google sold them to them.

Also we didn't tell a Chinese company they couldn't sell to anyone, we told them if they are going to use our parts they have to follow our rules and sanctions, zte made their own choice on who to sell to knowing full well the consequences of their choice. It's like if a cop tells you if you drive drunk I will arrest you, the cop didn't tell you you couldn't drive drunk, you can if you want to, just you will suffer the consequences of it if you do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Bummer cuz I've had nothing but good luck with Huawei and ZTE phones the last 5 years. Currently sporting a V8 Pro on my main line and using a Blade Zmax for tablet duties. I would think that ZTE would look to Huawei for Kirin processors if they can't get Snapdragons.
    Huawei does not sell it's chips to outside companies. Don't think they will be in a huge rush to help zte either. The most likely place zte will turn to is mediatek.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Huawei does not sell it's chips to outside companies. Don't think they will be in a huge rush to help zte either. The most likely place zte will turn to is mediatek.
    Agreed. For all of the noise about this crippling ZTE, I have a hard time believing a Chinese company can't manage to build phones without American tech.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to get my cheap mid-range phones from Alcatel and Moto/Lenovo from now on...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Interesting how they said that this could be settled in 3-5 months. Bottom line is China has more than 1 billion more people than the U.S. and more and more companies are looking to get into the Chinese market. This sounds like a tough measure and a way to stick it to an overseas company, but a lot of people's favorite phones are either made in or have parts produced in China. This tough talk may make some people feel happy, but if you start eliminating companies that make lower to mid-range smartphones, you won't be helping the consumer who can't afford the $700-$1,000 smartphones.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    You'd think after paying a billion $ fine they would have learned. What were they thinking?

And their response is quite comical: "...not acceptable", lol? To me, that shows they deserve the punishment.

All that said, I love my Blade Zmax.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    Interesting how they said that this could be settled in 3-5 months. Bottom line is China has more than 1 billion more people than the U.S. and more and more companies are looking to get into the Chinese market. This sounds like a tough measure and a way to stick it to an overseas company, but a lot of people's favorite phones are either made in or have parts produced in China. This tough talk may make some people feel happy, but if you start eliminating companies that make lower to mid-range smartphones, you won't be helping the consumer who can't afford the $700-$1,000 smartphones.
    The ZTE void will be filled quickly by other manufacturers YTE, XTE that are in Vietnam, Taiwan or other Chinese manufacturers. This is just politics. Move on guys, you will still get your mid range smartphones in no time.
    Last edited by zubrin; 04-20-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Feedback Score
    There goes my backup blade z max

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrajet7 View Post
    There goes my backup blade z max
    I bought one today. The salesman, who otherwise was very informed knew nothing about it, and read another article stating ZTE was going to fight it.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast