Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Zte may be out of business.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    The LG agreement for the G4 bootloop was also pretty sweet.
    Higher end oems generally take care of their issues and their customers much better than lower end oems do. With ZTE every issue they have is usually resolved by them promising a software update that either never comes, or when it does 6 months later it doesn't fix what was wrong in the first place. Then if you have hardware issues and need a warranty replacement or anything? Good luck taking care of that. The only device ZTE has released recently they cared about or put any effort into keeping up to date was the axon 7 series. Other than that it was little to no support after initial release for every other device.

Feedback Score
    The S3 was fine for its time. The Samsung S9 and Note 8 really represent the state-of-the-art right now, surpassing the iPhone in important criteria. They managed to retain the headphone jack and the MicroSD card slot, and still achieve water resistance. But not everyone wants to spend $900+ on a phone.
    Where the iPhone wins is in support. If someone buys an iPhone x they'll likely get software support for close to 5 years, if not more. I think the iPhone 5 is even getting iOS 12 and that's going on 6 years old. Then after those 5 years they can still sell the device for $200 bucks. No Android device can touch that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skylar_G View Post
    Where the iPhone wins is in support. If someone buys an iPhone x they'll likely get software support for close to 5 years, if not more. I think the iPhone 5 is even getting iOS 12 and that's going on 6 years old. Then after those 5 years they can still sell the device for $200 bucks. No Android device can touch that.
    I'll gladly sell you one mint in box for $200.

https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-5

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhon...cAAOSwgeRZoXgq

a brand new, unlock 64GB iPhone 5S still sells for $225.00 and beyond

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sure, then look to see what was done to rectify the problem by those oems. Did they do anything to fix it or did they just ignore it and claim a software update was coming that never shows up? What did ZTE do to fix all the issues their devices had?

How was it at the forefront of anything? It was $180 on TMobile lmao the honor 6x was released BEFORE the zmax pro for $199 and was a MUCH better device. The idol 3 was released a YEAR before the zmax pro with the SAME specs at the SAME price point and was a MUCH better device. Lol you make up your own story to fit your own beliefs.

Here look ZTE phones blew up also.

http://www.krgv.com/story/35837756/v...s-catches-fire

https://community.zteusa.com/discuss...zte-avid-phone
    https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...ry+overheating

Difference is Samsung not only gave you your money back, they offered you massive discounts on any future product you may want to buy from them. Wonder if ZTE did the same thing? The truth is ZTE has a horrible image among the majority of American consumers, it's an image ZTE has rightfully earned by offering cheaply made products with almost zero support from them after they are released. If ZTE wants to change their image they need to change those facts.
    What is your point? Do you even have one? Or do you just come to these forums to argue?

I disagree with your comments about the ZMAX PRO not being at the forefront of a new wave of better quality budget phones with better features. Like I said, do your research and get the consensus of reviewers at the time. But, I know you're not going to do that because you're just an argumentative troll with some weird agenda who likes to hang out in forums of phones you don't like and then spew your venom.

I don't disagree with your comments about ZTE's lack of customer support in the area of upgrades and some patches, etc. In my opinion the phone worked amazingly well and was a great value, regardless of whether upgrades were offered. I've never claimed that ZTE is the perfect company, but they DID make some very affordable phones with features not seen at certain price points. In that way they pushed the budget phone market forward. As one of the reviews mentioned, it was the best $100 Android phone they had ever used. At that time... I definitely agreed.

Samsung did the right thing when they initiated a MASSIVE recall of their horrible disaster of a flagship that exploded and made national news, leading to lawsuits, etc. Even their initial "fix" was faulty. I can still recall the anxiety being had by those who had to worry if their charging phone would blow up and set their house on fire or maybe burn their leg or worse. What an expensive joke of a phone. I remember happily using my ZMAX during that whole situation. LOL.

Best wishes to you. I hope you enjoy the Sprint/T-MOBILE merger when it happens Hahaha.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KH6CY View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhon...cAAOSwgeRZoXgq

a brand new, unlock 64GB iPhone 5S still sells for $225.00 and beyond
    Neat. He said my used 5 could sel for $200. I have an unlocked, with box, lifevproof case, in mint condition one that I'd love to sell for $200.
    Why don't you try and follow flow of the conversation...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Neat. He said my used 5 could sel for $200. I have an unlocked, with box, lifevproof case, in mint condition one that I'd love to sell for $200.
    No, that's not what I said at all. What I said was someone could buy the x, get 5 years or maybe more of software support, then sell it for $200 dollars after those 5 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    I disagree with your comments about the ZMAX PRO not being at the forefront of a new wave of better quality budget phones with better features. Like I said, do your research and get the consensus of reviewers at the time. But, I know you're not going to do that because you're just an argumentative troll with some weird agenda who likes to hang out in forums of phones you don't like and then spew your venom.
    I did do my research and I named off other devices which were out at the same time for around the same price point that were BETTER devices. You seem very insecure with your choices and seem to need reviewer support in order to validate what you choose, here's a tip a reviewer will say whatever you want if you pay em enough. When you receive a device to review, you get this paper along with it which the OEM tells you what they want said about the device, and what they don't want you to say about the device. As far as your baiting and name calling just because I spoke the truth on ZTE phones, It's childish and speaks more about your character than mine.

Samsung did the right thing when they initiated a MASSIVE recall of their horrible disaster of a flagship that exploded and made national news, leading to lawsuits, etc. Even their initial "fix" was faulty. I can still recall the anxiety being had by those who had to worry if their charging phone would blow up and set their house on fire or maybe burn their leg or worse. What an expensive joke of a phone. I remember happily using my ZMAX during that whole situation. LOL.
    I don't recall this "anxiety" issue at all. Seems like you made this up. In fact I recall the opposite. Not many wanted to turn their note 7 in. Some still regard it as the best note ever made. Most of those people used their credit Samsung gave them and bought either a s8 or note 8.

Best wishes to you. I hope you enjoy the Sprint/T-MOBILE merger when it happens Hahaha.
    The merger got approved? Have a link?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, if your prime consideration is resale value, then the iPhone wins hands-down.

But the way Apple meters out features to ensure upgrades means you're going to get a much less capable device than a new $200 phone. Apple tends to lag Android by a year or two when it comes to new features, i.e. they were late with 3G, LTE, NFC, larger screens, fast-charging, and wireless charging. Not because these technologies were not ready for prime time, and not because Apple was incapable of deploying them earlier, but because there needed to be reasons for upgrades.

The OS upgrades are a real issue though. Android phones are lucky to get even two major upgrades, usually it's only one. Though I think the value of OS upgrades for many years is overblown.

The other issue with old iPhones is the hardware issues. Buy a 6 or 7 and there's really no workaround to the battery issue, it's an inherent design flaw with the power management circuit (that appears to have been corrected with the iPhone 8, based on breakdowns of the major internal components). With a 6 or 7 you're pretty much going to have to replace the battery every year or two.

Feedback Score
    The OS upgrades are a real issue though. Android phones are lucky to get even two major upgrades, usually it's only one. Though I think the value of OS upgrades for many years is overblown..
    It's not even major o.s. upgrades Android oems have an issue with, it's minor things also like security patches. As far as being overblown, forums like these may make it seem that it is overblown, that people buy a device every year, in the real world though this isn't true. There are still plenty of people running around with an s4, or s5, or an iPhone 5,5s or 6. The iPhone users have a clear advantage as their devices are still running a modern version of their os. The Android devices lag behind in that regard. Google has tried and tried to remedy this, Android oems though don't seem to care. Most of the devices I've used have been Android devices, I've used a few iPhones but overall prefer the Android os, but I got to give it to Apple in regards to support. They do it right. I wish Android oems would follow suit, as it's not really a Google/ Android issue, it's an issue with the oems themselves.

I do agree with you on the hardware aspects though. Generally Apple devices lag behind some in the hardware department where as generally Android devices lag behind in the software support department. So I guess pick your poison lol.
    Last edited by skylar_G; 06-12-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Feedback Score
    Here's a link for you. I think you need it;

https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/ps...-psychiatrist/

I've been in these forums for a DECADE and you'll be the first I ever add to an ignore/block list. Use that link, or perhaps there's a troll's anonymous agency that can get you help.

BUH BYE

More name calling and insults because I broke down your defense of a company, I'm not supposed to repsond to your posts that quote me? For someone with over a decade of experience here, you sure don't handle forums very well.

Feedback Score
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...to-revive-zte/

ZTE isn't clear just yet. They cleverly tied blocking the ZTE deal to the military funding deal. Should be interesting to see where this goes.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    sorry for not being the brightest star in the sky

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    What is your point? Do you even have one? Or do you just come to these forums to argue?

I don't disagree with your comments about ZTE's lack of customer support in the area of upgrades and some patches, etc. In my opinion the phone worked amazingly well and was a great value, regardless of whether upgrades were offered. I've never claimed that ZTE is the perfect company, but they DID make some very affordable phones with features not seen at certain price points. In that way they pushed the budget phone market forward. As one of the reviews mentioned, it was the best $100 Android phone they had ever used. At that time... I definitely agreed.

Have you got me blocked on pm?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thread closed.

This topic can be restarted by those who want to actually discuss the topic and without all the back and forth nonsense between a few members.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15