Thread: Looking to buy a smart phone with decent specs for my 12 year old son? TIA.

Feedback Score

Looking to buy a smart phone with decent specs for my 12 year old son? TIA.

Good afternoon friends,

It's been awhile since I posted but I am looking to buy a new phone for my 12 year old son as his current unlocked att Alcatel allure that I picked up from Wally last year on clearance for $30 is just too slow & sluggish, plus att won't ever be updating it past 5.0 lp.

I seen that someone posted on Slickdeals that I can get him a brand new LG G5 on eBay for $120 w/ free shipping. Overall it gets decent reviews & but people posted that battery life was not so great along with having GPS problems. Spec wise it beats almost any mid range or budget phone available today. His current phone is a 5.5 in screen phone so I don't think a 5.3 will really bother him as the ram/rom along with screen resolution is better than his current phone. My main worries is if it gets the dreded LG boot loop issues?

I'm also looking at and considering the LG Stylo 3 plus, or the Samsung J7 prime but yet again the G5 beats em in specs. Looking for recommendations on any of these phones or a similar inexpensive phone for my son. Thank you very much & have a wonderful day!!

All the best,
    Ron.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Kids love Apple iPhones. Get him an iPhone SE. Was free over at MetroPCS, but they're very cheap. He'll thank you as he will be able to iMessage most of his friends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Kids love Apple iPhones. Get him an iPhone SE. Was free over at MetroPCS, but they're very cheap. He'll thank you as he will be able to iMessage most of his friends.
    Too small of a screen. Looking at maybe the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge or Le Pro 3 or even possibly a Blu phone on Amazon for $130 or some other off brand someone suggested too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Too small for a 12 y/o? They’re gonna watch tv and videos all day?

Feedback Score
    Too small for a 12 y/o? They’re gonna watch tv and videos all day?
    Well it might work but I really don't like apple & don't care to support them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Well it might work but I really don't like apple & don't care to support them.

I hear ya. My brother also doesn’t like Apple. But he didn’t force his feelings on his kids. They’re good kids getting good grades and they enjoy and take care of their iPhones. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I hear ya. My brother also doesn’t like Apple. But he didn’t force his feelings on his kids. They’re good kids getting good grades and they enjoy and take care of their iPhones. Good luck.
    Well I'll ask him if he would perfer a small screen apple or a bigger screen Android phone.