Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 93

Thread: T-Mobile getting rid of Kickback

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,504
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    We were never forced to give up 3G plans for LTE, why would 5G be any different? Fear mongering at it’s finest to me.

    I’ll say it again, the sky is not falling. You can play the “What If” game all day long, but T-Mobile has pretty solid history of leaving user plans alone. Unlike AT&T & Verizon who change the rules to suit their needs and network deficiencies.
    That's good to hear. TMobile seems pretty good about the older plans

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    We were never forced to give up 3G plans for LTE, .
    They make it pretty hard to keep those old tzone plans don't they though

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1491386


    Almost like they don't want anybody on them....weird.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,081
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nothing like when AT&T said, Yeah, about that Unlimited plan we sold you? Unlimited is now 5Gb, deal with it. 2010 or so as I recall.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Nothing like when AT&T said, Yeah, about that Unlimited plan we sold you? Unlimited is now 5Gb, deal with it. 2010 or so as I recall.
    I'm not sure one is better than the other honestly. Both have the same goal, to get the user off a plan the carrier doesn't want the user on anymore.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    231
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Do you have a large high speed home internet plan since you don't have unlimited high speed data on phones?

    All the best,
    Ron.

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    Actually, I use an AT&T $20 Unlimited Mobile Hotspot line as my primary home internet. It was a loophole plan (now closed for new activations), but I do get great speeds with the Hotspot, even with high usage. I also love the fact it is portable. I have had this setup now for almost a year and it works for my needs. We moved to Podunk Hillbilly Country a few years ago and that is when I truly missed the plan you have now and what I once had before I chose to be placed onto this Select Choice family plan.

    If I were you, I would stick with your unlimited plan with T-Mobile for $90 (+ taxes/fees) for 5 lines. I know it is only unlimited data for your phone "only" and it does not include any global features. However, at this point, I do worry that if you do try to change anything on that plan, you risk a horrible, uphill battle if the plan is changed and something goes wrong. I would guess less than 10 employees at T-Mobile even have a clue about this plan, and that's being generous. While Executive Resolutions was more forgiving in the past, I do not believe they would do anything for us to be placed onto a One plan for $100 for 5 lines, even though we have promos and discounts on our grandfathered plans that mimic One's pricing with promos applied.

    However, if you are braver and more patient than I, and you do try to get moved to a One plan for $100 for 5 lines with taxes/fees included, please let me (us) know how it goes and the steps you took.

    But, I do believe you are on one of the best plan and pricing options available anywhere and almost anyone would jump on your plan if given the opportunity.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    We were never forced to give up 3G plans for LTE, why would 5G be any different? Fear mongering at it’s finest to me.
    Exactly right. And the comment was made as a statement of fact and not as an opinion. Just an attempt to sow anxiety and concern.

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    They make it pretty hard to keep those old tzone plans don't they though
    Actually they don't. They have left tzones on people's accounts for over 15 years in some cases. If they didn't want people on them as you claim, all they would have to do is send out a notice that they are discontinuing them. I have seen no such reports of those notices.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Exactly right. And the comment was made as a statement of fact and not as an opinion. Just an attempt to sow anxiety and concern.



    Actually they don't. They have left tzones on people's accounts for over 15 years in some cases. If they didn't want people on them as you claim, all they would have to do is send out a notice that they are discontinuing them. I have seen no such reports of those notices.
    Seems most in the tzone thread don't really believe you either, as most are talking about the how hard it is to keep with the limitations in place, and alot have given up and switched to another plan. But keep trying to convince me otherwise. Maybe it will work one day.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,081
    Feedback Score
    0
    No one is trying to convince you of anything from what I've seen. I realize your mind is made up about what TM offers and their value. It does seem as though you may be trying to convince others about TM's value and integrity in dealing with grandfathering of plans though. And as Dr. (?) Phil would say, "And How's That Working Out For You?". LOL

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    No one is trying to convince you of anything from what I've seen. I realize your mind is made up about what TM offers and their value. It does seem as though you may be trying to convince others about TM's value and integrity in dealing with grandfathering of plans though. And as Dr. (?) Phil would say, "And How's That Working Out For You?". LOL
    Then why are they quoting me if they aren't trying to convince me? Weird. I'm not sure, I don't sit at home and watch Dr Phil all day to know his quotes. Big Phil fan?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Seems most in the tzone thread don't really believe you either, as most are talking about the how hard it is to keep with the limitations in place, and alot have given up and switched to another plan. But keep trying to convince me otherwise.
    The plan was sold to provide data with dumbphones with a WAP browser. It still works fine for that should you still have such a device. It was never sold as a plan to provide data for smartphones. The "limitations" as you called them have always been there. The fact that some have found a way to use the plan for smartphone data doesn't change that.

    Nor does the thread illustrate your claim that "They make it pretty hard to keep those old tzone plans". You lamely attempted to state that "most in the tzone thread don't really believe you" but you provide no specifics as to how you even come up with that. The fact is you have no solid evidence to backup your statement that: "They make it pretty hard to keep those old tzone plans "

    The reality is, if you have the plan, just pay your bill on time every month. Legere has given no indication that he won't let you keep it as you falsely claim.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The plan was sold to provide data with dumbphones with a WAP browser. It still works fine for that should you still have such a device. It was never sold as a plan to provide data for smartphones. The "limitations" as you called them have always been there. The fact that some have found a way to use the plan for smartphone data doesn't change that.

    Nor does the thread illustrate your claim that "They make it pretty hard to keep those old tzone plans". You lamely attempted to state that "most in the tzone thread don't really believe you" but you provide no specifics as to how you even come up with that. The fact is you have no solid evidence to backup your statement that: "They make it pretty hard to keep those old tzone plans "

    The reality is, if you have the plan, just pay your bill on time every month. Legere has given no indication that he won't let you keep it as you falsely claim.
    If you say so. Keep fighting the good fight. Which modern tmobile phones exactly can you keep your tzone plan on again?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,081
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why not tell us directly to quit liking things you don't like? You know, cut to the chase so to speak.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Why not tell us directly to quit liking things you don't like? You know, cut to the chase so to speak.
    Didn't realize that was the goal or topic of this thread, but ok. I don't like Dr phil for one, seems he kind of exploits people for his personal gain, I don't like ham, ham is nasty, not a huge cat person, my list of dislikes is pretty long honestly, as far as what you like, that's up to you and doesn't really affect me one way another since I have zero personal interaction with you, so form your own likes and dislikes. you sure this is what this thread is about? I dunno

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,081
    Feedback Score
    0
    you forgot to include T-Mobile, however obvious that may be.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    you forgot to include T-Mobile, however obvious that may be.
    I don't recall where I ever said I disliked any carrier or tried to tell anyone to dislike or like any carrier. The carriers are not people, they are corporate entities so I tend not to try to get personally attached to corporate entities. Can you show me where I ever said I didn't like any corporate entity and tried to get people to use one over another? I mean it was the weekend so I may of been a little tipsy so maybe I said it and don't remember...but don't think I ever did. Oh well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is T-Mobile getting rid of prepaid
    By GSMRocks in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 01:07 PM
  2. Is Virgin Mobile getting rid of paygo plans?
    By fonezfonz in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 04:51 PM
  3. T-Mobile gets rid of roadside assistance..
    By AllGlobaltk in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 02:48 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 09:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks