Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile getting rid of Kickback

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile getting rid of Kickback

Wow they're starting to look more and more like Verizon.

The only thing they've got going for them is they include the taxes. Otherwise 4 lines with VZW is $160 as are 4 lines with TMo.

I guess someone's got to pay for their opening an additional 2,000 stores...HEE HEE HEE

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by michko View Post
    Wow they're starting to look more and more like Verizon.

The only thing they've got going for them is they include the taxes. Otherwise 4 lines with VZW is $160 as are 4 lines with TMo.

I guess someone's got to pay for their opening an additional 2,000 stores...HEE HEE HEE

I'm already hearing that tax included will be gone for new customers before long. I work next door to TMobile employees so I talk to them regularly now and they all seem to think the tax is next.

We all will be grandfathered but price wise they are similar to the rest as it is

The employees also think once 5g comes out they will push for us all to be on new more expensive plans

Slowly becoming carrier like

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I’m thinking that you need to be “carrier” like to survive in this business. Even once T-Mobile has their 600 live throughout the nation, how do you keep giving people $10, $20 or more credits on your bill or eat the taxes. I know in my state of NJ the taxes and fees on a $140 bill are about $20 more. So T-Mobile still needs to send the sales taxes, etc to NJ. It was a good marketing ploy but it has to end. In the end, we at least got unlimited data out of it. I don’t think unlimited is going anywhere.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I’m thinking that you need to be “carrier” like to survive in this business. Even once T-Mobile has their 600 live throughout the nation, how do you keep giving people $10, $20 or more credits on your bill or eat the taxes. I know in my state of NJ the taxes and fees on a $140 bill are about $20 more. So T-Mobile still needs to send the sales taxes, etc to NJ. It was a good marketing ploy but it has to end. In the end, we at least got unlimited data out of it. I don’t think unlimited is going anywhere.
    Definitely. It's a business decision TMobile had to make since they are in the big leagues now. They have Nationwide 600mhz and are on the prowl for more higher band spectrum. Hard to give away the farm and build like they have been doing. 6 years ago I wasn't sure TMobile would ever truly compete with the big boys but they have

None of us like it but I think we understand it was coming sooner or later and in this case probably sooner than we expected. Caught us off guard I think

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    I still see the toggle switch for kickback. So you sure it's gone ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    Yes. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33862Name:  20180413_234403.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  42.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    The toggle switch appears to just allow you to turn it off. Once you turn it off, it doesn't appear you can turn it back on.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I'm already hearing that tax included will be gone for new customers before long. I work next door to TMobile employees so I talk to them regularly now and they all seem to think the tax is next.

We all will be grandfathered but price wise they are similar to the rest as it is

The employees also think once 5g comes out they will push for us all to be on new more expensive plans

Slowly becoming carrier like
    It’s only (sort of) one example, but it looks like Metro is starting this:

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...postcount=1745

Which, if true, most likely means it’s coming to TMO proper.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    It’s only (sort of) one example, but it looks like Metro is starting this:

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...postcount=1745

Which, if true, most likely means it’s coming to TMO proper.
    Yeah definitely sounds like it. Just a matter of time

Feedback Score
    Well, the sky isn't falling. There are still a ton of users with Simple Choice out there if you need any reassurance. T-Mobile has been exemplary about allowing subscribers to retain their plans after plans & features have been retired for new customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Well, the sky isn't falling. There are still a ton of users with Simple Choice out there if you need any reassurance. T-Mobile has been exemplary about allowing subscribers to retain their plans after plans & features have been retired for new customers.
    TMobile is charging Verizon prices for the most part and haven't completely matched rural coverage so not the best move since it's very carrier like.

I think it's safe to say that the uncarrier days are mostly over unless something changes
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    The problem for me comes in if I want to add lines. Without being able to get kickback I'm better off on Verizon, price wise. Even now I could save money on Verizon so I'm surprised TMobile is removing it so soon

No plans in the immediate future for adding lines but if it comes up hopefully TMobile has something competitive.

If I used more data TMobile would be the best but with usually low data there isn't much option unless I went prepaid or metro

Feedback Score
    Removing it “So Soon” ? Hasn’t it been a running promotion for over a year now?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I meant not long after everyone found out it was going

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I think T-Mobile will include taxes and fees in their rate plans long term in lieu of other discounts, such as Employer/Government Discounts. So when a potential new customer goes into a T-Mobile store and asks for a discount through their employer (since X carrier offers them Y% off their rate plan amount), T-Mobile can say, "Well, we don't offer Corporate discounts, but all your taxes and fees are included in our price, unlike the X carrier you are with currently. Taxes and fees included in our price is definitely a better value than getting Y% off certain charges on your bill plus additional taxes and fees added to the monthly charges."

Basically, including taxes and fees in the monthly price is a selling point to customers who pay the same monthly amount with another carrier that does not include these fees. T-Mobile is a smart carrier and yes, they are increasing charges and fees in other ways. But when their network is on par, or even the best US Wireless network, and they do start to charge Verizon prices, they can still say at least they include the taxes and fees in their monthly prices, unlike the competition.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast