Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Thread: Beta: WiFi calling with Google Voice

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    There has been this spam call plague that has sprouted in the last few months. The calls come from the same area code as your number as well. The funny thing is in most of the cases, when you pick up the phone, there is no answer from the other side. I am totally baffled by the purpose of this call. Unless it's a plot by some to waste people's time and cripple productivity.
    I think that's the main purpose. Otherwise some message or announcement would be made.

Here's what it my CC filter looks like for calls with the same 6 digits as my gv #. Note, CC call treatments are evaluated only once and from top to bottom. Placement matters.

Which calls in the IVR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    There has been this spam call plague that has sprouted in the last few months. The calls come from the same area code as your number as well. The funny thing is in most of the cases, when you pick up the phone, there is no answer from the other side. I am totally baffled by the purpose of this call. Unless it's a plot by some to waste people's time and cripple productivity.
    They are scanning number ranges to find live numbers, especially ones where someone answers. Live numbers are then used for a human or recording to call. It is more cost effective to pay telescammers to call live numbers.

Feedback Score
    I remember when the Wifi Beta was introduced there were warning messages not to sign up if you used an Obi box with your GV number. Has this conflict been resolved? Can I now turn on wifi calling without causing any problems with my Obi service?

Device(s)
    One+5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by garymeter48 View Post
    I remember when the Wifi Beta was introduced there were warning messages not to sign up if you used an Obi box with your GV number. Has this conflict been resolved? Can I now turn on wifi calling without causing any problems with my Obi service?
    On a PC, go to google voice and click on "Legacy Google Voice" in the upper-left menu. Under "Phones," your Obi device should show something like this in the registration details. If so, you're good to go.
    "sip:[email protected] "

Name:  LegacyGV2.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  26.0 KB
    Last edited by arxaw; Today at 10:16 AM. Reason: for clarity

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Google has long since retired the xmpp gv platform (July 2018 iirc). He'd have no gv service if the obi device wasn't updated to a more current firmware. From what I can remember, the issue was once in beta the gv account gets updated to gvsip. If the obi device was still running the older firmware it wouldn't be able to connect because it didn't support gvsip. I can't remember which was the first firmware to begin supporting gvsip.. 59xx I think?

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62