Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Tello Mobile thread

Feedback Score
    Hi there,

GSM SIM cards can be swapped indeed between different phones, but this is not the case for CDMA unlocked Sprint devices, which need specific SIM cards. Even if the SIM size is the same for both of the phones, the Moto and LG will require different SIM types. Tello does not tie the SIM card to the phone, it is simply a requirement of the CDMA service.

Our recommendation is to check the Bring Your Own Device page on our website (https://tello.com/bring_your_own_phone) and if you go through the process you will see which is the right SIM card for your phone.

Thanks a lot and please let us know if you have further questions

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response, I have another question.

If I buy a 'build your own plan' and just get data - no voice minutes, no texts (well maybe I get texts) there is still a number assigned to the phone so when someone dials that number do they get a number not in service message or something along that line & the phone won't ring correct? This would be perfect for what I want to use it for.

Feedback Score
    If I choose the 100 minutes, no data plan, does this still include unlimited 2g data?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    If I choose the 100 minutes, no data plan, does this still include unlimited 2g data?
    No it doesn't.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Any speculation as to what happens to Tello if the Tmo/Spring merger goes through? I like Tello the way it is (and have a pretty big investment in Sprint phones)...

Feedback Score
    Got an email today with a security PIN. Is this something new that is being sent out to all tello customers, or could someone be trying to hack my account?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Got an email today with a security PIN. Is this something new that is being sent out to all tello customers, or could someone be trying to hack my account?
    I got the same email. It's new. I used the pin to change it to one of my own. I've had/have several Tello numbers and even got the email at addresses that no longer have service.

Feedback Score

New Tello Plans and Prices

We're bringing good news: Tello's Introducing Higher Data Plans and LOWER Prices!

Yes - we did it again, and we want you to be among the first ones to know!

Here’s a few examples of how the new pricing structure looks like:

- unlimited talk&text - $8/mo

- 1GB + unlimited talk&text - $10/mo (used to be $14/mo.)
    - 2GB + unlimited talk & text for $14 (used to be $19/mo.)
    - 4GB + unlimited talk & text = $19/mo (used to be $29)
    - 12GB + unlimited talk & text = $39/mo (new data option; this used to be the price for the 10GB unlimited plan).

We have introduced new data options like 6GB, 8GB and 12GB.
    We have also removed a few of the data options (200 MB, 3GB and 10 GB). On voice side, we have only removed the 200 minutes option.

What does this mean for Tello's Existing Customers?

- 85% of Tello customers get a plan upgrade (they get more minutes, more gigs or both added to their current phone plan for the exact same cost per month)
    - 24% get the best out of both worlds (they benefit from a plan upgrade as well as a lower bill)

Existing customers will benefit of the new pricing format starting with their next billing cycle, unless they make a change (upgrade/downgrade) to their current plan before that, in which case the change comes into effect immediately.

What does this mean for Newcomers to Tello?

New lower prices and unexpected savings on their phone bill once they make the switch!

What does this mean for you?
    Perfect timing to test the service if you haven’t already done so and see if it's a good fit

More info can be found on our blog post, over here.

Name:  Rates Table.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  90.0 KB

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the official announcement. The HoFo discussion of this started on 6/11/19 at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...w-lower-prices .

Feedback Score
    Just an interesting note:

Tello's $9 plan for unlimited t&t plus 500 mb of data costs less after taxes than the $8 plan for unlimited t&t only.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post

Tello's $9 plan for unlimited t&t plus 500 mb of data costs less after taxes than the $8 plan for unlimited t&t only.
    That makes no sense. Taxes vary by state and often county or municipality. Do you have both plans with the same billing address and area code on each?
    Last edited by Yeswap; 06-21-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typos
    See my list of 2019 Black Friday prepaid and unlocked phone deals at https://prepaidcompare.net/bf2019.html

Feedback Score

Since data isn't taxed it could be to do with the split of the $9. If they say do $5 talk and $4 data then tax would be on the $5. But for the $8 plan you would be taxed on the $8.

So for example say the tax rate works out to be 40% The $8 plan would cost $11.20 and the $9 plan would cost $11.

But it will depend on the state and your tax rates. Seems highly unusual though.

Feedback Score

I posted this question on the same claim on another thread. What are the actual charges on the $8 vs. the $9 plan? It would have been much more helpful if you had posted the bottom line with actual values instead of just saying "costs less". For example, even costing less would not be as meaningful as if the taxes were $10 when you expected it to be 1-2$. Drive-out price is what everyone wants to know.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I bought a Sprint LG phone but comes with no SIM, how much does it cost to get a SIM card including shipping? I see some eBay seller listing used Sprint SIM for $2. I wonder if I can use them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    I bought a Sprint LG phone but comes with no SIM, how much does it cost to get a SIM card including shipping? I see some eBay seller listing used Sprint SIM for $2. I wonder if I can use them?
    You need specific sims for specific phones on Sprint or any Sprint mnvo
    See this chart

https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7833-...ibility-chart/

to find out which sim is needed for your exact model.

If it is a common one, it will be included in the 4-in one kit which is $2.99 from Sprint from the link mentioned under that chart.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast