Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has cellnuvo reduced ad earnings?

Feedback Score

Has cellnuvo reduced ad earnings?

From what I'm reading, many feel that cellnuvo have drastically reduced how much silver is earned per ad. Ads that used to earn 30 silver now earn 5 silver. Many are only seeing ads that earn 1 silver.

Are others seeing the same thing?

Feedback Score
    No response? Doesn't sound like there is anyone out there still swiping!

Apparently, somebody who used to earn 40 gold a month is now only able to earn 5 gold a month.

Seems like a serious problem. New customers won't be able to earn enough to pay for anything but basic service and will probably give up, forfeiting their earnings. I suppose that would work out quite well for cellnuvo.

Feedback Score
    It may get better, but right now, high value ads are slim pickings. Ads are longer and points per ad have decreased.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. There seem to be more and more complaints building up about this.

There are also now complaints that swiping does not get credited even though messages pop up saying credits were earned.

Cellnuvo have now responded by saying that something is wrong at their ad partner.

I can't say I believe them as whenever something goes wrong, they have always blamed somebody else. Lost service, lost numbers, lost redemptions and now lost credits. Always somebody else's fault.

The cellnuvo skeptics predicted that if cellnuvo actually began to redeem existing gold (thanks to the pressure from the skeptics), they would have to devalue future earnings significantly and permanently because it wouldn't be sustainable. Looks like that is coming true.

Feedback Score
    I haven't seen any statements direct from cellnuvo about the recent app malfunction. It does appear to be fixed now. Rewards are minimal (1-5), but at least it works.

Feedback Score
    One week of bad ads and the vultures swoop. Good try but unfortunately no as I just made 2 gold ($2) in 10 minutes. I’m not going to get rich from it but that is pretty good. Yes you are correct that some ads lost some value but those are old and likely to be replaced shortly anyway. Ads can be great one day and bad the next but you always have surveys and offers to do as well. And you are correct there was an ad provider glitch (cellnuvo stopped pulling ads from them until it is fixed). You are also correct there was no general announcement so i’ll concede that point as they are bad at announcements. At least if you follow the forums you’d know.

Just got my new iPhone 8 courtesy of cellnuvo so I am stoked and couldn’t resist telling you boys my good news.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    One week of bad ads and the vultures swoop. Good try but unfortunately no as I just made 2 gold ($2) in 10 minutes. I’m not going to get rich from it but that is pretty good. Yes you are correct that some ads lost some value but those are old and likely to be replaced shortly anyway. Ads can be great one day and bad the next but you always have surveys and offers to do as well. And you are correct there was an ad provider glitch (cellnuvo stopped pulling ads from them until it is fixed). You are also correct there was no general announcement so i’ll concede that point as they are bad at announcements. At least if you follow the forums you’d know.

Just got my new iPhone 8 courtesy of cellnuvo so I am stoked and couldn’t resist telling you boys my good news.
    Name calling is not necessary nor nice. Everyone (including yourself) appears to be in agreement. Given recent ad rewards, how did you manage to amass 2000 silver /2 gold ($2) in 10 minutes? The maximum monthly redemption limit is set at $100 and phone purchasing only started this month. Are you saying you got an iphone 8 by entering an installment agreement paid monthly with cellnuvo earnings? Outside of that option, I don't see any other way you got an iphone 8 fully paid for at <$100 courtesy of cellnuvo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Name calling is not necessary nor nice. Everyone (including yourself) appears to be in agreement. Given recent ad rewards, how did you manage to amass 2000 silver /2 gold ($2) in 10 minutes? The maximum monthly redemption limit is set at $100 and phone purchasing only started this month. Are you saying you got an iphone 8 by entering an installment agreement paid monthly with cellnuvo earnings? Outside of that option, I don't see any other way you got an iphone 8 fully paid for at <$100 courtesy of cellnuvo.

Name calling? You have to be kidding! The vulture reference was a metaphor.

How did I manage to get 2 gold ... Swiping for ads as normal. It ain’t all bad all the time. I certainly don’t agree that this temporary lull in ads is permanent. There have been far worse periods before and ads were back to normal shortly afterwards. You probably should learn more about ads, seasonality etc before commenting further. Cellnuvo too whilst you are at it as you sound like a noob or perhaps have never used it before in your life. Yes it is far from perfect but this attempt to scare people off is silly. I’ve seen some of the other threads wow you guys really don’t like cellnuvo. People can figure out what they are getting themselves into fairly easily and can see for themselves without risking any real cash.

Are you saying you bought the phone using cellnuvo’s new phone installment option ... no via sprint/bestbuy and paid for using cellnuvo gold sent to my sprint account.

I don’t browse hofo much so you’ll have to excuse me if I do not reply back to any more questions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Thanks. There seem to be more and more complaints building up about this.

There are also now complaints that swiping does not get credited even though messages pop up saying credits were earned.

Cellnuvo have now responded by saying that something is wrong at their ad partner.

I can't say I believe them as whenever something goes wrong, they have always blamed somebody else. Lost service, lost numbers, lost redemptions and now lost credits. Always somebody else's fault.

The cellnuvo skeptics predicted that if cellnuvo actually began to redeem existing gold (thanks to the pressure from the skeptics), they would have to devalue future earnings significantly and permanently because it wouldn't be sustainable. Looks like that is coming true.
    I can't speak to what the skeptics say, but I can tell you the ads are rewarding 5 points max and many only get you 1. Cellnuvo is a small outfit, so I guess they're doing the best they can for now. That said, the biggest thing they desperately need to do is take full control of company PR. Sometimes word of mouth can be extremely beneficial. However, reliance on overzealous fanboys/girls can be detrimental to growth and company image. It becomes a turn-off and repels potential users. They have a website, they should put it to use. They need to remove all the outdated and false info. Use the website to communicate directly with their existing users and keep them up to date on recent developments. Stop relying on the shills' word of mouth. Believe it or not, they do more harm than good. Constantly trying to find a relevant forum should not be a necessity.

Feedback Score
    Name calling? You have to be kidding! The vulture reference was a metaphor.

How did I manage to get 2 gold ... Swiping for ads as normal. It ain’t all bad all the time. I certainly don’t agree that this temporary lull in ads is permanent. There have been far worse periods before and ads were back to normal shortly afterwards. You probably should learn more about ads, seasonality etc before commenting further. Cellnuvo too whilst you are at it as you sound like a noob or perhaps have never used it before in your life. Yes it is far from perfect but this attempt to scare people off is silly. I’ve seen some of the other threads wow you guys really don’t like cellnuvo. People can figure out what they are getting themselves into fairly easily and can see for themselves without risking any real cash.

Are you saying you bought the phone using cellnuvo’s new phone installment option ... no via sprint/bestbuy and paid for using cellnuvo gold sent to my sprint account.

I don’t browse hofo much so you’ll have to excuse me if I do not reply back to any more questions.
    No one is fooled, mm. As a self-proclaimed noob, you should read the site rules.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    No one is fooled, mm. As a self-proclaimed noob, you should read the site rules.
    You seem to have me mistaken for another. I’m also not a noob. I just don’t go on here much to post but I’ve been a hofo member for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    ... I can tell you the ads are rewarding 5 points max and many only get you 1.
    That simply is not true. I am pretty sure you have never used cellnuvo before so I would at least get my facts right from others before commenting.

I thought this board was about seriously discussing cell stuff not making stuff up.

Feedback Score
    I just made 2 gold ($2) in 10 minutes.
    Even if that is true, it is the exception rather than the rule.

People have been reporting getting far far less eg $1 after 8 hours of swiping as well as days where they constantly check in and there are no ads, periods where nothing gets credited or instances like 4 months where service goes down completely and the company never responds!

When you total up ALL the time spent on cellnuvo, vs ALL the gold earned, the return is closer to 1c an hour.

Going around and saying cellnuvo is great because you just earned $2 in 10 minutes is misleading and is why certain promoters of cellnuvo get rightly criticized by so many.

Feedback Score
    A new user is highly unlikely to be able to do what you did. Everyone accepts the earning rate is now about 40c an hour of swiping. The Sprint iPhone 8 is currently $29 a month so that means somebody would have to swipe 73 hours a month to pay it off.

73 hours x 24 payments = 1752 hours = 219 WORKING DAYS! That's just shy of a full year's worth of work! Who works a year for $700?

Even in your case, where you *believe* you were earning more than 40c an hour, it took you a year to accumulate the gold and took several months to make the payments. Along the way, there were 4 months where cellnuvo went off the grid and instance after instance of problems with their app or with earning. If any of those promoting cellnuvo were being honest, the total number of hours that were put in and all the problems experienced along the way really resulted in an earning rate nearer to 1c an hour. No wonder you're stoked!
    Last edited by Maradona; 03-20-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Wow As I said I thought this board was a place for talking seriously about cell stuff and not this made up junk. You can’t even offer your own experience. Do you seriously think i’d be using cellnuvo if it wasn’t worthwhile and was half as bad as you try to make it sound. Considering I’m talking to someone who created an account just to attack cellnuvo I am not surprised at your stance. I can’t tell if it is jealousy or something else. Whatever it is it isn’t normal.

Yes they had a really bad patch in the past and I’m glad they are significantly better now. And no this one week lull in ads is not the norm. there are new ads already. Again you’d know that if you actually used it.

Try cellnuvo or don’t it really doesn’t matter. I’m just sharing my own personal experience since it was so contrary to everything spoken here. Call me names if you want. But sharing personal experiences is what normal people do on here when trying to have a civilized discussion.

Feedback Score
    If we want to talk about experience, I was actually alerted to the earning problem by mmfacemm who said "Users on Nthcircle report devaluation of ads across the board".

Of course, that post was deleted after I started this thread.

Similarly, you posted (and deleted) that you wanted video proof of somebody who had no earning problem because you wanted to complain to cellnuvo about it. Funny that you wanted to complain to cellnuvo about what you now claim was a routine dry spell. No wonder you deleted that post too.

Problem for a cellnuvo newbie will be that they will go to the big 4 and buy the latest iPhone (as suggested by "no limits" cellnuvo), then hit dry spots and not earn enough to pay for it, and even if there aren't dry spots, they're going to have to spend the equivalent of several working weeks PER MONTH to pay the bill. A phone plus plan is $70+ a month. At 40c an hour that's 175 hours of work which is a working month at 8 hours a day.

One of the most experienced people at nth has gone on record to say they used to be able to earn $40 a month and now can only see themselves earning $5 a month. This is the new normal.

The problem with this is that it is mostly poorer folk who get attracted by free things. That's the issue here. Misleading poorer people who end up with debt they can't afford. That's cellnuvo's target market. They have no compunction about it and it looks like a couple of hobbyists who want the referrals do not either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast