Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Inter-Carrier HD Voice Updates? (T-Mobile to AT&T/Verizon)

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    yes they do big corp accounts... I have one. search T-mobile enterprise.
    My work options (big corp) only show VZW/AT&T and .. Sprint.
    I expect it to be initially a new T-Mobile bit, integrating existing Sprint corp business.
    I thought about choosing Sprint for work device (port) vs. AT&T, for the purpose of having everything under one roof.
    Upside - better access to push service issues (i.e. escalation of 'bad service' from a fortune 100/fortune 50 company carries some weight - +20k mobile lines in US).
    Downside - When I DO need service out and about, I have an alternative device/service for comparison.
    Either way - for me the service/handset doesn't cost anything
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    One thing I noticed is At&t turned on EVS 13.2 WB. Were a few weeks ago it was Amr:NB 12.2 and it wasn't that good. At first it was on their iPhones only. But on my Samsung s20 ultra it now works . It took me by surprise one day automatically calls sounded better. Once I went to the service mode I saw it said evs 13.2 for the first time ever. And let me tell u call quality is AMAZING. Just like it is on t-mobile amd Verizon. I am glad At&t caught up because it was behind on the call quality department. I dont know if this is across all their network or just certain areas . But I live in los angeles California and its on here . I even have screen shots to prove it . Just gotta find a way to post them on here .
    Also it works when calling people on other networks.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A long time ago... When it was At&t wireless, I had a Moto Timeport p7382i in L.A. call quality was awesome. When i 'upgraded' to Moto V505 quality went downhill. AMR-HR codec. Fortunately back then there was a way to force EFR and AMR Full. I have a S10e today, and call quality is pretty good (still in LA area). I've found TMobile HD Voice to be really good as well if not better IMHO

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    One thing I noticed is At&t turned on EVS 13.2 WB. Were a few weeks ago it was Amr:NB 12.2 and it wasn't that good. At first it was on their iPhones only. But on my Samsung s20 ultra it now works . It took me by surprise one day automatically calls sounded better. Once I went to the service mode I saw it said evs 13.2 for the first time ever. And let me tell u call quality is AMAZING. Just like it is on t-mobile amd Verizon. I am glad At&t caught up because it was behind on the call quality department. I dont know if this is across all their network or just certain areas . But I live in los angeles California and its on here . I even have screen shots to prove it . Just gotta find a way to post them on here .
    Also it works when calling people on other networks.
    Congrats on finally getting to experience the magic that is EVS! Does your phone show the HD or HD+ logo during a call? Also postimage.org and imgbb.com (links purposely non-hyperlinked so I’m not accused of advertising) are good for uploading ever since tinypic shut down. Also feel free to post in the AT&T section about this experience as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Doesn’t it show the HD+ logo during a call?
    At&t doesn't show HD+ and it's frustrating. And I hope they allow it with a future update. That's why I had to put the phone on speaker while on a call and go to the dialer and dial the code to take me to the service menu. There i saw it was using evs HD voice quality .
    Pretty annoying I had to do all that.
    But like I said once I noticed the call quality had improved I kinda knew something was up. And yep I confirmed it .
    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I notice literally 0 difference between EVS and AMR-WB.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I notice literally 0 difference between EVS and AMR-WB.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Me on landlines and 800 numbers it sounds the same evs and Amr:WB don't matter which one Its using .
    The difference was calling someone on a cellphone usinf evs
    It sounded a lot better and more clear
    The again the people I called also had samsung phones. I did call someone that has an iPhone 11 pro max and it didn't sound as good

Feedback Score
    At&t doesn't show HD+ and it's frustrating. And I hope they allow it with a future update. That's why I had to put the phone on speaker while on a call and go to the dialer and dial the code to take me to the service menu. There i saw it was using evs HD voice quality .
    Pretty annoying I had to do all that.
    But like I said once I noticed the call quality had improved I kinda knew something was up. And yep I confirmed it .
    On my Verizon S9 and IPhone 11 Pro I’ve been getting EVS Super Wideband. Sadly the service menu is disabled on Verizon but I posted a screenshot of the analytics screen on the iPhone at the link below. There’s a whole thread over on the Verizon section about this, with AT&T customers chiming in too, if you wanna chime in.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...s-(EVS)/page14

Whats interesting is there’s a 13.2 WB and a 13.2 SWB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    On my Verizon S9 and the IPhone 11 Pro I’ve been getting EVS Super Wideband. Sadly the service menu is disabled on Verizon but I posted a screenshot of the analytics screen in the iPhone at the link below. There’s a whole thread over on the Verizon section about this, with AT&T customers chiming in too, if you wanna chime in.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...s-(EVS)/page14
    Thanks ill look into it. And dam I didn't know it was disabled on Verizon. On At&t is not disabled like is said i was able to see i was getting Evs wide band . But what I hate its that it DOESN’T show HD+ on the call screen like it does on t-mobile and Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Thanks ill look into it. And dam I didn't know it was disabled on Verizon. On At&t is not disabled like is said i was able to see i was getting Evs wide band . But what I hate its that it DOESN’T show HD+ on the call screen like it does on t-mobile and Verizon.

Looking forward to seeing those screenshots. I love seeing them.

Feedback Score
    Popping in to ask if there’s been any updates about interoperability between the carriers?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Still not working at all between T-Mobile & Verizon for me. What's weird is that the T-Mobile phone displays the HD icon when it is calling the Verizon phone, but it doesn't indicate HD when calling from the Verizon phone to the T-Mobile phone. Not sure why this happens, but the call is definitely not HD. Kinda like fake news.

I have experienced a true HD call from Sprint recently, but it only worked once for whatever reason , , , ,

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just switched to TMO a few days ago, I get HD call quality to my ears when calling my dad who is on AT&T. We both have iPhone 11 Pro Max. Interestingly, regular VoLTE calls and especially calls to landlines sound much better than when I use Verizon (for past 6-7 years).

Feedback Score
    Still no HD Voice between with Verizon when talking to someone on T-Mobile in Brooklyn NYC. No clue what’s taking so long.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlp2979 View Post
    Just switched to TMO a few days ago, I get HD call quality to my ears when calling my dad who is on AT&T. We both have iPhone 11 Pro Max. Interestingly, regular VoLTE calls and especially calls to landlines sound much better than when I use Verizon (for past 6-7 years).
    I could be wrong but I think both carriers might use Adaptive Multi-Rate Narrowband for landline. For cellular calls T-Mobile and Verizon both use the same codecs and sample rates https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...l_wificalling/ so it should sound identical technically, especially on the same phone. The 11, 11 Pro, 11 Max, and 2020 SE all support EVS SWB so that means it supports really really good call audio quality.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast