Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PagePlus rolling out VoLTE / HDVoice / Visual Voicemail

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Finally! Good to hear VoLTE available on something other than an iphone.

I hope they will eventually allow the PayGo plan to use a VoLTE phone.
    So can a VoLTE "basic" phone (specifically an Alcatel A405DL) now be put on the PayGo plan? If not, then when will it be allowed?

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    So can a VoLTE "basic" phone (specifically an Alcatel A405DL) now be put on the PayGo plan? If not, then when will it be allowed?
    Well, I guess the answer is yes, cuz PPC did it and it now works...

Feedback Score
    Had my A405DL (MyFlip) activated on the $10 PayGo for a couple weeks. As far as VoLTE, haven't really been able to test that till I find someone that has a Verizon VoLTE phone to call. Everything seems to work fine. Poor battery life though.
    Just make sure after you activate to tell them to disable VVM or you'll get weird messages when you get a VM notification. The VM notification will be a text too, not the normal VM icon. I guess VVM is just an activation norm for 4g/LTE phones but this phone doesn't have that.

Feedback Score
    Well, I guess the answer is yes, cuz PPC did it and it now works...
    Did you activate it using the Sim that was in it or get a PP SIM? How about the VM issue I mentioned...did you need to tell them to disable VVM ? In a prior post I said these may be working on CDMA now for voice but after further use and test they don't even have CDMA. Just LTE on a Verizon network. Guess that's why I don't see an enhanced calling on/off switch anywhere. Finally talked to a person on actual Verizon who uses an iPhone and sound quality is astounding even on this cheap flip. Only downside as far as the A405 is battery drains fast. I'll await your SIM answer before asking anything else. Thanks

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Did you activate it using the Sim that was in it or get a PP SIM? How about the VM issue I mentioned...did you need to tell them to disable VVM ?
    yes I used the sim that was included in the $10 pkg. I told them to disable VVM and the CS agent apparently already knew that it wasnt supported. Call quality was good. Hard to beat for $10. One internet post claimed that BT didnt work on this phone but it seems to work fine for me.

Feedback Score
    yes I used the sim that was included in the $10 pkg. I told them to disable VVM and the CS agent apparently already knew that it wasnt supported. Call quality was good. Hard to beat for $10. One internet post claimed that BT didnt work on this phone but it seems to work fine for me.
    Sorry, what's BT ? After you answer I'll probably feel stupid; (stupider).

How's your battery holding? Mine seems to be a hog.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Sorry, what's BT ? After you answer I'll probably feel stupid; (stupider).
    BT = Bluetooth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    BT = Bluetooth
    Thanks!

signed Stupid

Feedback Score
    So after reading this thread, I'm gathering that you must have a newer SIM card from PP to get HD or VOLTE service? I have a Moto G5 plus that I activated in 2018 and I'm getting HD calls (WOW...so much clearer...it's amazing). On my Samsung Galaxy S5 when I try to turn on the service ("Upgrade service to HD voice and Video calling."), I get a "My Verizon" dialog box. Obviously I don't have a "Verizon" account so when I hit "activate" I get "We encountered a problem" message. Is there any way around that or is that what a newer SIM card will do?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It should activate as long as you have VoLTE on your account/SIM. If it does not work, then something could be wrong with the phone at reading the VoLTE on your account/SIM.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge Moto E4/E2/G4-G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    That older phone (Galaxy S5) may be a problem. I think it is like my Verizon LG G2 (SVLTE) phone which had Verizon's Advanced Calling 1.0 (now they have Advanced Calling 2.0). It is an older activation process which MVNOs might not be able to do.

When I tried to activate VoLTE on my LG G2 with Verizon Prepaid, I got the same error message. I went to a Corporate store and they had a very hard time activating VoLTE. They had to fish around for a special type of old SIM before they could do it.

That is why I am thinking a MVNO probably has neither the 'special' SIM or capability to do it. If PagePlus is able to do it, please let us know.

Feedback Score
    I did contact PP but ..... long story short, they were no help!

Feedback Score
    I just noticed on the Page Plus website that they have a VoLTE compatibility checker.

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/network-changes/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flavioguy View Post
    On my Samsung Galaxy S5 when I try to turn on the service ("Upgrade service to HD voice and Video calling."), I get a "My Verizon" dialog box. Obviously I don't have a "Verizon" account so when I hit "activate" I get "We encountered a problem" message. Is there any way around that or is that what a newer SIM card will do?
    It has been erratic on accounts being upgraded to VoLTE. A friend has a Galaxy S5 that auto upgraded without any intervention. Others only get it with a new activation/SIM change. Not sure when PPC started enabling VoLTE. With TracFone it was around mid-2018. Capable phones activated before that did not get provisioned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    It has been erratic on accounts being upgraded to VoLTE. A friend has a Galaxy S5 that auto upgraded without any intervention. Others only get it with a new activation/SIM change. Not sure when PPC started enabling VoLTE. With TracFone it was around mid-2018. Capable phones activated before that did not get provisioned.
    Most PP CSRs still claim they don't have VoLTE. But they have since 2018 too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast