Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 301

Thread: Mobley Sim to Hotspot

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    940
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    As to blocking the PUK release, they could do that. But the next step would just be to replace the SIM, reset the PIN to something other than 1111 before inserting the new SIM in the Mobley, and it could be bypassed just as easily.
    Yes and then they would have to start refusing to issue replacement SIMs to Connected Car customers (else as you suggest, the PIN tactic would be worthless) and that carries its own set of problems. Which is why I say I kinda doubt they will start down that rabbit hole, more trouble and mess than it's worth to catch what I think will be a relatively small subset of the entire user base. But who knows and stay tuned, at least they are making things interesting.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    205
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    .



    Can a MOFY allow modification with with a PUK to unlock the SIM? Or do you specifically need an old ATT phone that is unlocked that takes this specific sized SIM card?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't need a phone to unlock the SIM. I can't say for sure that your MOFY can do it, but my Nighthawk did.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    205
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGSMY View Post
    Thanks, Do you think its possible to get the PUK code via the chat function? I just hate sitting on hold especially at work. If not which department should I call?
    Yes, it is. I did it that way.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    With all the notoriety over this it will be interesting to see if AT&T attempts to block PUK code release for Connected Car units only. That would require a new set of procedures and perhaps more trouble than it's worth just to address a few HoFo addicts. In reality the number of us here are probably only a very small subset of the total connected car customer base and AT&T may simply not bother with changing procedure to address the relative few trying to evade the PIN lock. The PIN tactic will probably work for the vast majority of 'Mobley' account customers and that may be good enough.
    Difficult to say. This plan exploded in popularity on SD so there may be a far greater user base that uses this plan as an ISP than many realize. It would be interesting to see a spreadsheet from ATT showing how many CCU plans use >50-100gb/mo.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    430
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    Difficult to say. This plan exploded in popularity on SD so there may be a far greater user base that uses this plan as an ISP than many realize. It would be interesting to see a spreadsheet from ATT showing how many CCU plans use >50-100gb/mo.
    This plan, along with the iPad plans, are used by resellers on eBay. There could be a lot more than those that report here. My usage on the Mobley CCU plan is about 20-30 GB/mo. WHPI and Nighthawk on Unlimited Plus are just under 200GB/mo. WHPI is high because my daughter streams youtube all day. My usage varies depending on what game I'm playing/downloading and any updates that happen on a given month. I think 180 was the highest I've used on my Unlimited Plus with the Nighthawk.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0

    Mobley Sim to Hotspot

    Quote Originally Posted by jpainter View Post
    Yes, it is. I did it that way.
    Thanks JRPAINTER appreciate the response

    Shifting gears- still awaiting other responses about sending in Mobley for repair at ZTE for $50. Another is doing that and awaiting feedback from ZTE. Am thinking about sending mine in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Feedback Score
    0

    Mobley Sim to Hotspot

    Update. Called CS to get PUK code/s. My SIM was in my Velocity. I called and all they needed was the phone#.

    When I asked for 2 PUK codes CS said I only need 1 for if device doesn’t do anything immediately and another if device is able to get to home screen but doesn’t go further. So I got 2 PUK codes for 2 different situations. According the the RV Internet article they suggest to get 2 PUK codes. So I’m not sure if I got 2 per se but got 2 for 2 different situations.

    Have 2 CCU’s. 2 is being used in our family cabin in the Mobley with an adaptor. The other I have in a Velocity. Reason I have 1 in a Velocity is cause the Mobley is ‘dead’. Had it in the Velocity before the recent Mobley update and has been working great. The one that has always been in Mobley I assume is locked since it’s been in there. My brother called for a PUK for that one yesterday.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Update. Called CS to get PUK code/s. My SIM was in my Velocity. I called and all they needed was the phone#.

    When I asked for 2 PUK codes CS said I only need 1 for if device doesn’t do anything immediately and another if device is able to get to home screen but doesn’t go further. So I got 2 PUK codes for 2 different situations. According the the RV Internet article they suggest to get 2 PUK codes. So I’m not sure if I got 2 per se but got 2 for 2 different situations.

    Have 2 CCU’s. 2 is being used in our family cabin in the Mobley with an adaptor. The other I have in a Velocity. Reason I have 1 in a Velocity is cause the Mobley is ‘dead’. Had it in the Velocity before the recent Mobley update and has been working great. The one that has always been in Mobley I assume is locked since it’s been in there. My brother called for a PUK for that one yesterday.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Macher — when you say DEAD Mobley did you try sending back to ZTE for a $50 repair possibility ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    940
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    Difficult to say. This plan exploded in popularity on SD so there may be a far greater user base that uses this plan as an ISP than many realize. It would be interesting to see a spreadsheet from ATT showing how many CCU plans use >50-100gb/mo.
    Which kinda begs the question... if AT&T is concerned about abuse of the plan then why don't they simply go after users in the top few percent of usage tiers (which causes no disruption to the majority of the customer base) vs. firmware mods and other tactics that are complex to implement and won't have any effect on abusers and otherwise inconveniences the entire customer base? I don't get the logic.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Macher — when you say DEAD Mobley did you try sending back to ZTE for a $50 repair possibility ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I sent it in to ZTE and they said they couldn’t fix it. They didn’t offer a $50 repair.

    Where did you hear about the $50 repair?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Yes I sent it in to ZTE and they said they couldn’t fix it. They didn’t offer a $50 repair.

    Where did you hear about the $50 repair?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another person mentioned if it’s not under warranty they get charged $50. So assume that’s a flat rate repair cost if not under warranty. But that same contact has not had the fixed Mobley sent back yet as ZTE is still in process.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    Which kinda begs the question... if AT&T is concerned about abuse of the plan then why don't they simply go after users in the top few percent of usage tiers (which causes no disruption to the majority of the customer base) vs. firmware mods and other tactics that are complex to implement and won't have any effect on abusers and otherwise inconveniences the entire customer base? I don't get the logic.
    If you’re using the SIM in a Mobley with an adaptor how can they go after you and consider you an abuser though?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    518
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    If you’re using the SIM in a Mobley with an adaptor how can they go after you and consider you an abuser though?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The plan name is connected car, not "$20 connect anywhere unlimited hotspot." They just know it's happening. Yes, technically it is legal per the terms and an oversight and complete failure on their part in the legal lingo, but when they originally launched this plan, you can't tell me they had any ideas that this would be able to be used outside of a car. It wasn't thought out or put through any risk assessment testing on this thing working outside of a car. It's an oversight. They're considering anyone who uses it outside of a car "myself included" as abusers. This is evident on the new harmon terms stating "if used outside of a vehicle" verbiage.
    Visible Early Access Code-90CC6

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Feedback Score
    0

    Mobley Sim to Hotspot

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    The plan name is connected car, not "$20 connect anywhere unlimited hotspot." They just know it's happening. Yes, technically it is legal per the terms and an oversight and complete failure on their part in the legal lingo, but when they originally launched this plan, you can't tell me they had any ideas that this would be able to be used outside of a car. It wasn't thought out or put through any risk assessment testing on this thing working outside of a car. It's an oversight. They're considering anyone who uses it outside of a car "myself included" as abusers. This is evident on the new harmon terms stating "if used outside of a vehicle" verbiage.
    How can they tell if your Mobley is used outside a vehicle when you’re using the Mobley with a wall adaptor in your house or RV?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    Which kinda begs the question... if AT&T is concerned about abuse of the plan then why don't they simply go after users in the top few percent of usage tiers (which causes no disruption to the majority of the customer base) vs. firmware mods and other tactics that are complex to implement and won't have any effect on abusers and otherwise inconveniences the entire customer base? I don't get the logic.
    I agree, the logic isn't there. This seems like a very weak attempt at aligning the old plan with the new Spark plan. Let's hope this is the extent of what they're willing to do. I like to switch between my M1 and Mobley, but having carrier aggregation and more bands on the M1, helps tremendously with speeds.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2017, 11:09 AM
  2. Mobley SIM to Unite Explore?...
    By rbertalotto in forum AT&T
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 10:57 PM
  3. Swapping hotspot sim to smartphone
    By Dekay666 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 04:06 AM
  4. LTE SIM to mobile hotspot
    By Tmobile2013 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 10:28 AM
  5. put Pay & Go sim into hotspot device to get data
    By jokealot in forum T-Mobile prepaid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM

Bookmarks