Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobley Sim to Hotspot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Apologies, thought you had fully locked after 3 attempts. Did you call regular support to get the unlock code, or was it Connected Car department? Cheers!
    Regular support.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    jet1000, as I have noted to you countless times, I am not replying to you in this forum, as I have been given guidance by moderators to note when you attempt to follow me (once per page) and re-post on each page when you do make such responses.

To others, a Mobley user noted that it was shutting off every 30 minutes. Mine was too. As noted mine updated to 1.0.3 only today. I solved it by setting it manually to 2 hours. And in the first 2 hour cycle, it is working by changing that setting. This is literally what we were discussing in the tech support thread before the PIN locking came up - right as AT&T resumed 1.0.3.

I suspect after 1.0.3 the internal table defaulted back to 30 minutes, which it now is not once the setting was manually changed.
    Last edited by hatoncat; 10-16-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lancep50 View Post
    Regular support.
    If you have a myAT&T account, please do check to see if the PUK code matches the code you were given. Instructions here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article...71?gsi=2CRWKf4

That would answer some mystery of how ZTE post-ban did this so quickly... if they're just using the PUK as the hash. I'm certainly interested, even though mine is Mobley-bound.

The PUK is network-issued and the firmware generally doesn't have it. It could be the firmware ran a SIM app and got it from there though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    I was one of the guys lucky enough to upgrade to a Nighthawk via the web upgrade when it was offered. Bug or no, I didn't swap without them putting me on a two year agreement on the NH. I barely use 20GB per month on the acct since it's used in the car. I did use it mostly in the velocity but recently switched to the NH.
    Same here. I think my two year contract is up in Nov of next year. I just keep it in the the NH and try not to abuse it. Had a couple of 120GB months, but most of that was "sponsored data" from watching shows on Directvnow.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    If you have a myAT&T account, please do check to see if the PUK code matches the code you were given. Instructions here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article...71?gsi=2CRWKf4

That would answer some mystery of how ZTE post-ban did this so quickly... if they're just using the PUK as the hash. I'm certainly interested, even though mine is Mobley-bound.

The PUK is network-issued and the firmware generally doesn't have it. It could be the firmware ran a SIM app and got it from there though.
    No option listed for me to get the PUK code through OLAM.

Feedback Score
    a Mobley user noted that it was shutting off every 30 minutes. Mine was too. As noted mine updated to 1.0.3 only today. I solved it by setting it manually to 2 hours. And in the first 2 hour cycle, it is working by changing that setting.
    There have been numerous posts made stating that it hasn't been shut down every 30 minutes like you claim. Here are a few:

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    My work Mobley got the update last week (Friday?) and shut itself off over the weekend. I realized I had no access to my Wyze cams monitoring the office. On Monday, a reboot of everything, and it's been up and running fine since. At home, my Mobley silently got the update, and has been running fine since. Home has a 12V to 120V AC/DC adapter, cigarette plug to OBD2 male I built much earlier in this thread. Work Mobley that shut off is the same cigarette adapter, but plugged into a Stanley Fat Max battery jumper, which is in turn plugged into AC to keep it charged, sort of a battery backup in case of power failure, if you will. It is likely closer to 12 volts than the AC adapter at home, but regardless both updated and both run fine despite the no time out setting, even after reboots. No drama, just the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    I reset my value from 30 minutes to two hours after the update had deleted the no time out option and disconnected the device from the internet. I’ve been up and running since then and haven’t been disconnected for two days.
    Quote Originally Posted by david0858 View Post
    Mine updated over two days ago and turned off. Once I reset the power both have been on continuously for well over two days now and haven't went off. They both reset to the two hour setting not 30 minutes but they seem to be ignoring this setting. Both are staying on.
    Even the link to the RV article that was posted in this thread stated:

"However, at present time, we have limited reports on devices actually timing out - most seem to still be working well after the time out. "

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...-save-setting/

But these previous posts didn't stop you from posting today about the supposed "30 minute timeout".

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A42887 View Post
    No option listed for me to get the PUK code through OLAM.
    Finally got into OLAM myself (wasn't letting me in until I went to a different browser)..

... You're right. They've pulled it for Mobley plans. I can confirm with mine.

Would not surprise me if they restrict customer service or tell them not to send it out to Mobley users. In theory they're supposed to be routed to the Connected Car Department, and I'm all but certain that staff now knows not to do it.

Well played, AT&T. Well played.

Feedback Score
    For lines that haven't been sim locked yet, is it possible to get the PUK code from the device side? Would a SIM probing app in Android suffice to read the information off the card?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Bounds View Post
    For lines that haven't been sim locked yet, is it possible to get the PUK code from the device side? Would a SIM probing app in Android suffice to read the information off the card?
    It's possible if you got something like Qualcomm diagnostics. I don't think a phone's SIM apps are supposed to expose the PUK to the user. You're supposed to get that from the carrier. A phone is never supposed to just tell the user its PUK. That would defeat the purpose since someone could "borrow" a user's phone, get the PUK, and then even if they later set a PIN, you could still steal the SIM and defeat it with the PUK.

In Europe PUK's are like bank PINs, and if compromised you're supposed to get a new SIM card.

Feedback Score
    If they force me to put it back into the mobley I'll put a Sim pin prior to placing it in the mobley and hope that allows me to keep it swapped since (if they can't override it) I'll have the unlock if I need it. I think with rooter or mofi you can save the pin code so you don't have to punch it in every boot. Haven't ever locked so I don't know for sure if it works that way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lancep50 View Post
    Using PC Admin for the Mobley, it requested a PIN. Using the above number, I was in and able to create a new PIN that now works in both devices!
    Which tab or menu did you create the new PIN in PC Admin for the Mobley? I'm looking around and can't find a setting for the SIM lock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Which tab or menu did you create the new PIN in PC Admin for the Mobley? I'm looking around and can't find a setting for the SIM lock.
    Is your SIM locked? Should be the opening default screen. Device won't work until you enter it.

Feedback Score
    jet1000, as I have noted to you countless times, I am not replying to you in this forum, as I have been given guidance by moderators to note when you attempt to follow me (once per page) and re-post on each page when you do make such responses.

To others, a Mobley user noted that it was shutting off every 30 minutes. Mine was too. As noted mine updated to 1.0.3 only today. I solved it by setting it manually to 2 hours. And in the first 2 hour cycle, it is working by changing that setting. This is literally what we were discussing in the tech support thread before the PIN locking came up - right as AT&T resumed 1.0.3.

I suspect after 1.0.3 the internal table defaulted back to 30 minutes, which it now is not once the setting was manually changed.
    Have had my SIM in a Velocity. Any suggestions what I should do? Keep it in there?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've had my unit off for the past month. So, should I just get another hotspot and put the SIM in it? No way I'm going to power it up so it upgrades to 1.0.3 and locks the SIM.
    - acadiel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
    I've had my unit off for the past month. So, should I just get another hotspot and put the SIM in it? No way I'm going to power it up so it upgrades to 1.0.3 and locks the SIM.
    Yes. And take the Mobley and throw it thru an AT&T corporate store

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast