Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobley Sim to Hotspot

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nwtraveler View Post
    Nope. 1111 didn't work. Waiting for Monday to try car connect support.
    I'm not sure the CC support will help. This seems to be strictly a SIM lock issue, especially since it works fine in the Mobley. I would call ATT and go straight to tier 2 tech support (skip the frontline workers since they will useless to help you) and see if they can help with resetting the SIM unlock code back to the default 1111.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your SIM card is in the Mobley anytime you deal with ATT.

Device(s)
    Samsung S5 android, ATT Netgear Explote 815S,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i came on here, tryig to help some friends, the SIM will no longer work in their unite explore after using it in the mobley in the car
    it still works in the Mobley, putting it in the UNITE , msg comes up saying the SIM is locked
    it seems the Mobley update might be causing the Mobley to LOCK the SIM so it only works in the Mobley

my SIM is in my netgear 815S, my mobley is unplugged and offline
    at this point in time i have NO intention of swapping back and risking this
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard,

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by themopedwhiz View Post
    i came on here, tryig to help some friends, the SIM will no longer work in their unite explore after using it in the mobley in the car
    it still works in the Mobley, putting it in the UNITE , msg comes up saying the SIM is locked
    it seems the Mobley update might be causing the Mobley to LOCK the SIM so it only works in the Mobley

my SIM is in my netgear 815S, my mobley is unplugged and offline
    at this point in time i have NO intention of swapping back and risking this
    I can confirm my Home Mobley SIM is now asking for an Unlock PIN when inserted in a Velocity. The SIM in the Velocity (a 'Mobley CC plan SIM) still works fine in the same Velocity. The Mobley update appears to have tied the SIM to the Mobley, at the minimum.

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm pissed now, because I had plans just today to put my Work Mobley SIM into a Velocity for the wife. That plan is spoiled. Pretty sure Work Mobley SIM is now tied to that Mobley, as that was the first one to get the update, and it turned itself off afterward, leaving me no Wyze cam access over the weekend.

NWTRAVELER- Have you made any headway to get your newest CC SIM to work in your M1? Can you report what/how CC dept. will handle this moving forward? These Mobleys aren't the most robust hotspots, and I think CC dept should be allowing a fallback.

Device(s)
    Samsung S5 android, ATT Netgear Explote 815S,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i'm thinking the cure is to purchase a new SIM
    call ATT and get new SIM assigned to mobley account
    but DO NOT insert into Mobley
    insert into other device and leave it there
    but .. i don't know for sure, the best way to do this

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes. SIM was working in Mobley. When the Nighthawk asked for the SIM code I mistakenly thought
    my AT&T account PIN was the code and tried to use it. Didn't work. There was an option to change
    the PIN, which I tried, thus buggering up the old SIM.

New SIM works in Mobley.

I think I may have found the answer. Haven't tried it yet. AT&T support webpage said new SIMs come
    with a default code of 1111. Let you know if that works.
    In my situation, the Velocity asked for a PIN. Wasted a bunch of time with CSR via Chat and Phone; postpaid CSR provided a PIN 69476434

The PIN did not work initially in the Velocity so figured I bricked it. Before I started the process, the SIM worked fine in the Mobley. Now no internet.... Using PC Admin for the Mobley, it requested a PIN. Using the above number, I was in and able to create a new PIN that now works in both devices!

Not sure what triggered the Mobley asking for a PIN but the above chain of events solved my problem. Anyone know how to turn off the SIM lock? Easy to key in for the Velocity using touch screen but PIA to use PC Admin on Mobley.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lancep50 View Post
    In my situation, the Velocity asked for a PIN. Wasted a bunch of time with CSR via Chat and Phone; postpaid CSR provided a PIN 69476434

The PIN did not work initially in the Velocity so figured I bricked it. Before I started the process, the SIM worked fine in the Mobley. Now no internet.... Using PC Admin for the Mobley, it requested a PIN. Using the above number, I was in and able to create a new PIN that now works in both devices!

Not sure what triggered the Mobley asking for a PIN but the above chain of events solved my problem. Anyone know how to turn off the SIM lock? Easy to key in for the Velocity using touch screen but PIA to use PC Admin on Mobley.
    You think this code in unique or generic for the device. Mine is locked to the Mobley now too.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I feel like AT&T is trying to keep the honest people honest by SIM locking the device to the ZTE Mobley. AT&T knows when this device dies, these customers will try to put the SIM into another device. When they call into Care, Care will look into the plan details and say this plan is no longer offered and no other devices sold by AT&T are compatible with this specific plan. Many customers will give up at this point and cancel the line.

For the smart consumer, when the Mobley dies, call into Care and say the Mobley is asking for a SIM lock code since the SIM is locked to the device after trying another device to verify the Mobley's unforeseen death. When Care provides the SIM lock code, enjoy the plan on any AT&T hotspot device. But, to be extra careful, I would use any device NOT sold by AT&T and if the device is blocked in the future, state the device is an unbranded vehicle hotspot sold on Amazon (eBay, Alibaba, etc) since AT&T stopped selling vehicle hotspots compatible with this plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I'm pissed now, because I had plans just today to put my Work Mobley SIM into a Velocity for the wife. That plan is spoiled. Pretty sure Work Mobley SIM is now tied to that Mobley, as that was the first one to get the update, and it turned itself off afterward, leaving me no Wyze cam access over the weekend.

NWTRAVELER- Have you made any headway to get your newest CC SIM to work in your M1? Can you report what/how CC dept. will handle this moving forward? These Mobleys aren't the most robust hotspots, and I think CC dept should be allowing a fallback.
    I've been busy lately and haven't had a chance to try calling again, so nothing new to report here.

Lancep50's solution looks to be worth a try.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What about the countless people who signed up with this plan only with a Mobley "IMEI"? What kind of boat are those guys going to be in?
    Visible Early Access Code-90CC6

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    What about the countless people who signed up with this plan only with a Mobley "IMEI"? What kind of boat are those guys going to be in?
    Well if ATT ever does a device-plan compatibility sweep, a sinking boat. But if SIM locking occurs only after a Mobley update (while the SIM is in it) then maybe they’re in the clear. All speculation though.

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lancep50 View Post
    Using PC Admin for the Mobley, it requested a PIN. Using the above number, I was in and able to create a new PIN that now works in both devices!

At work, and can verify my second Work Mobley SIM is also now also married to the Work Mobley, asking for a PIN in a Velocity.

You have already reported the current solution. Unfortunately, it takes an additional locking the SIM (3 failed attempts) in another device to 'fully' lock the SIM. Once inserted to the married device (OG Mobley), the csr-provided code will open the 2nd level lock, and your description of a firmware prompt to reset your own unlock PIN would be MOST welcome. I see no such component in the existing Mobley firmware.

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've been busy lately and haven't had a chance to try calling again, so nothing new to report here.

Lancep50's solution looks to be worth a try.
    Understood! Please keep us posted, we're all trying to solve the new state of affairs! Cheers, and good luck!

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    Well if ATT ever does a device-plan compatibility sweep, a sinking boat. But if SIM locking occurs only after a Mobley update (while the SIM is in it) then maybe they’re in the clear. All speculation though.
    It appears that ATT is locking the sim to the existing "mobley" that activated the plan, is that not what is happening though?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    You think this code in unique or generic for the device. Mine is locked to the Mobley now too.
    You will have to try it and report back. You get at least 3 attempts.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast