Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RLH going up to $12/day internationally

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score

RLH going up to $12/day internationally

Rogers is following in Bell's footsteps and upping roaming fees, charging $12 a day, now for a maximum of 15 days, not 10. Becoming way less of a value proposition at this point. Guess it is a matter of time before Telus does this too?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Yup. And they’re also increasing the max for US roaming to 15 days. Rogers is losing the very little value-added advantages they currently have. With pricing at similar levels as Bell and Telus but with a sub-par network experience compared to Bell and Telus, I don’t see why anyone would choose them over the other two, unless you live where there’s zero Bellus service (but those locations are very few and far between) or you have a stellar rate plan with Rogers.

I guess this is Joe Natale’s vision of a better customer experience, eh?

Feedback Score
    I thought Telus was 15 days already? Also how many days is bell? Telus current rates are $7 for USA and $10 for international.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Yup. And they’re also increasing the max for US roaming to 15 days. Rogers is losing the very little value-added advantages they currently have. With pricing at similar levels as Bell and Telus but with a sub-par network experience compared to Bell and Telus, I don’t see why anyone would choose them over the other two, unless you live where there’s zero Bellus service (but those locations are very few and far between) or you have a stellar rate plan with Rogers.

I guess this is Joe Natalie’s vision of a better customer experience, eh?
    If I was a regular new customer. And had to choose from the big 3, the rates are the same. I know I’m being screwed on any one I choose. But if I’m getting screwed might as well go down with nhl game pass. That’s the only reason I would use Rogers. If I went with the sub brands it would be virgin Mobile or Fido. But I’m giving the edge to Fido because of 5 free hours.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    The one edge I’d still give Rogers over all the others is that their support staff are all located in Canada...and their customer support has improved lately...at least for me.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    The one edge I’d still give Rogers over all the others is that their support staff are all located in Canada...and their customer support has improved lately...at least for me.
    I'd rather never have to deal with Customer Support in the first place.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ^Lol good point

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Joe Natale will get to that soon. He drove Telus to the ground when he was there and he will do the same to Rogers. Canadian Telecom needs people like Guy Lawrence with new ideas not the likes of old Telus and bell CEOs.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

So true. Lawrence managed the company well but he didn’t manage his board...in my opinion, it’s exactly what Rogers needed. I guess the board wanted a puppet pushover to carry out their anti-consumer agenda...and they got exactly what they were looking for with Natale.

Feedback Score
    I was just having an discussion with my friend about this. I guess this is fine if you travel to the USA for 1 day. $6 and you get everything in your plan. However what my friend noticed was The roaming partner at&t coverage sucked in some areas. He was somehow able to get wifi calling to work on AT&T. I’m assuming no Canadian carriers roam on version because it’s cdma.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Joe Natale will get to that soon. He drove Telus to the ground when he was there and he will do the same to Rogers. Canadian Telecom needs people like Guy Lawrence with new ideas not the likes of old Telus and bell CEOs.

This!
    Rogers getting rid of Guy Lawrence was their biggest mistake.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE>3g View Post
    I was just having an discussion with my friend about this. I guess this is fine if you travel to the USA for 1 day. $6 and you get everything in your plan. However what my friend noticed was The roaming partner at&t coverage sucked in some areas. He was somehow able to get wifi calling to work on AT&T. I’m assuming no Canadian carriers roam on version because it’s cdma.
    Of the main operators in the US Verizon and Sprint are CDMA operators while AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM. I don't think my Rogers phone ever roamed on T Mobile though in the US. Wifi calling can be enabled on alot of newer phones so activating it before going to the US can help Rogers users avoid roaming fees if they only need it for voice calls while in a wifi area. AT&T users themselves have complained that the provider isn't investing enough in their network in recent times but I think I spotted that they're about to invest heavily in the network over the coming year. If someone roams / calls the US regularly surely they'd be better off on Bell/Telus Canada-US plans?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Topbox View Post
    Of the main operators in the US Verizon and Sprint are CDMA operators while AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM.
    Most newer phones have both antennas built in. My nexus from 4 years ago can run on both Verizon/Sprint and ATT/T-mo so this isnt a problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Most newer phones have both antennas built in. My nexus from 4 years ago can run on both Verizon/Sprint and ATT/T-mo so this isnt a problem.
    I’m aware that newer phones have compatibility for both but Verizon and Sprint are not roaming partners of Rogers. It has the technology capability sure but they’re not roaming parters

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Topbox View Post
    I’m aware that newer phones have compatibility for both but Verizon and Sprint are not roaming partners of Rogers. It has the technology capability sure but they’re not roaming parters
    I found that T-Mobile is also not a roaming "partner" of Rogers. You can select T-Mobile, it will connect but within 5-10 minutes you will be back on AT&T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast