Thread: Iphone 6: Worth keeping?

Feedback Score

Iphone 6: Worth keeping?

So, due to indecision around Black Friday I ended up with both an IPhone SE and an iPhone 6 that I got for $129 . I have been using the SE and am very happy with it. I haven't opened the iPhone 6 because I have until March 1st to return it to Walmart unopened but if I open it I probably can't return it. I just can't decide whether to keep it as an extra bigger phone to put my SIM card in on occasion or to return it. Any insight? Thank you!

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Keep the 6 return se that phone is way to small

Sent from my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    Keep the 6 return se that phone is way to small

Sent from my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk
    I can't return the SE, but I really like it anyway. It's like a 6s in a smaller size. I just wonder if $129 is still such a good deal for the 6 that it would be worth keeping. Thanks.
    Last edited by Regsey; 01-31-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Regsey View Post
    So, due to indecision around Black Friday I ended up with both an IPhone SE and an iPhone 6 that I got for $129 . I have been using the SE and am very happy with it. I haven't opened the iPhone 6 because I have until March 1st to return it to Walmart unopened but if I open it I probably can't return it. I just can't decide whether to keep it as an extra bigger phone to put my SIM card in on occasion or to return it. Any insight? Thank you!
    http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/.../return-policy seems to indicate Walmart's return policy for cell phones is 14 or 15 days from purchase date, or by 1/10/18, if purchased during the Christmas holiday shopping season.

Do you have some special arrangement for having a 90-day return period for the iPhone 6?

Regarding the answer to your question, if the SE's screen is big enough for you, I'd suggest keeping the SE, since the technology inside is more like an iPhone 6S, and should have superior technology compared to the iPhone 6. But if you need or want a bigger screen, then consider switching to the iPhone 6.

IF you somehow DO have an extended return policy beyond the normal 14 or 15 days for those two phones you purchased from Walmart, either can be returned, even if they have been opened.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Regsey, I just noticed your 2nd reply. I misunderstood a little bit what you were asking in your 1st post.

But based on what I posted above, I'm still not sure if returning the iPhone 6 to Walmart is even an option.

If you want to keep the iPhone 6 for a backup, $129 is still a pretty good price as of now, as long as you only want to use it on TF-owned MVNOs. But if the likelihood is that you won't be using it anytime soon, or if you might want to use it on some other MVNO, you might find something better for $129 at some later date. But who really knows, lol?

Feedback Score
    Like the OP, I ended up with a 6 and an SE. I swap my PP SIM and pick the size I want each day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Regsey, I just noticed your 2nd reply. I misunderstood a little bit what you were asking in your 1st post.

But based on what I posted above, I'm still not sure if returning the iPhone 6 to Walmart is even an option.

If you want to keep the iPhone 6 for a backup, $129 is still a pretty good price as of now, as long as you only want to use it on TF-owned MVNOs. But if the likelihood is that you won't be using it anytime soon, or if you might want to use it on some other MVNO, you might find something better for $129 at some later date. But who really knows, lol?
    Thank you so much for your help in this. I was surprised by the return period too. I just double-checked it and it can be returned until March 1st. I think that was part of the Black Friday deal. I imagine that you're right, that if it's returnable it's returnable opened too. A manager at our local store said it would be "better" if it wasn't opened. Still, if I could try it for myself I would know better whether or not it's worth keeping. In terms of something better for the money, in the past I've switched back and forth between an iPhone and a Galaxy S3 which allowed me to use FoxFi when I needed it. I would really like to have that flexibility. Decisions decisions!
    Thank you again for your help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    Like the OP, I ended up with a 6 and an SE. I swap my PP SIM and pick the size I want each day.
    That's kind of what I'm envisioning too!

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so much for your help in this. I was surprised by the return period too. I just double-checked it and it can be returned until March 1st. I think that was part of the Black Friday deal. I imagine that you're right, that if it's returnable it's returnable opened too. A manager at our local store said it would be "better" if it wasn't opened. Still, if I could try it for myself I would know better whether or not it's worth keeping. In terms of something better for the money, in the past I've switched back and forth between an iPhone and a Galaxy S3 which allowed me to use FoxFi when I needed it. I would really like to have that flexibility. Decisions decisions!
    Thank you again for your help.
    If you're looking at your receipt, it might be referring to the standard return policy and won't apply to the cell phone. You might want to check at your store.

I suspect that if your past their official policy return, they might be more likely to waive that and allow you to return it if it's unopened. But I've returned things unopened and they opened them up to ensure that the item was not removed or swapped out and resealed.

If you're OK with the size of the SE, it seems that's the better phone. I also got an SE on Black Friday. I did see the iPhone 6 available for the same price, but decided to skip that one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    If you're looking at your receipt, it might be referring to the standard return policy and won't apply to the cell phone. You might want to check at your store.

I suspect that if your past their official policy return, they might be more likely to waive that and allow you to return it if it's unopened. But I've returned things unopened and they opened them up to ensure that the item was not removed or swapped out and resealed.

If you're OK with the size of the SE, it seems that's the better phone. I also got an SE on Black Friday. I did see the iPhone 6 available for the same price, but decided to skip that one.
    That was my thought when I bought the phones: that the SE would be the better and newer phone. And coming from a 5s, I was comfortable with the size.

Feedback Score
    So, what do you think of the iPhone 6? Would you say it's worth keeping? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    So, what do you think of the iPhone 6? Would you say it's worth keeping? Thanks!
    Currently I use the 6 more than the SE. I've kept it on iOS 10.3.3, so it still runs fine. I'm only using the SE when I'm traveling - long time sitting in the car. It's more pocketable, but the 6 is easier to read and type on. Neither will get you much money selling them, so why not just keep them both?

(My usage is Safari, texts, a little email, and maybe Words with Friends with family. Light usage - no games, music, or videos.)

Feedback Score
    Currently I use the 6 more than the SE. I've kept it on iOS 10.3.3, so it still runs fine. I'm only using the SE when I'm traveling - long time sitting in the car. It's more pocketable, but the 6 is easier to read and type on. Neither will get you much money selling them, so why not just keep them both?

(My usage is Safari, texts, a little email, and maybe Words with Friends with family. Light usage - no games, music, or videos.)
    Interesting that you actually prefer the 6. Maybe I will too.

So, I now have various family members using various Tracfone companies. if I don't activate the iPhone 6, would we all be able to use it whenever by just putting our SIMs in it, ie Tracfone one day, Page Plus the next? If yes, then it's definitely worth keeping as an extra phone.
    Thank you so much!

Feedback Score
    Interesting that you actually prefer the 6. Maybe I will too.

So, I now have various family members using various Tracfone companies. if I don't activate the iPhone 6, would we all be able to use it whenever by just putting our SIMs in it, ie Tracfone one day, Page Plus the next? If yes, then it's definitely worth keeping as an extra phone.
    Thank you so much!
    My 6 was sold as a Total Wireless phone; my SE was sold as a Straight Talk phone. I activated the TW 6 on PP using the TF SIM that came with it. I can use the ST SE by merely moving that SIM to it from the 6. (No formal activation via PP.) However both show as ineligible for BYOD to TW or ST now. Of course, that's not the same as just moving an active TW or ST SIM into one of my phones. That might work, but I have no way to tell.

Feedback Score
    My 6 was sold as a Total Wireless phone; my SE was sold as a Straight Talk phone. I activated the TW 6 on PP using the TF SIM that came with it. I can use the ST SE by merely moving that SIM to it from the 6. (No formal activation via PP.) However both show as ineligible for BYOD to TW or ST now. Of course, that's not the same as just moving an active TW or ST SIM into one of my phones. That might work, but I have no way to tell.
    I'm leaning toward keeping it, especially with the notion that somebody in my family will end up using it. I'm pretty sure that it can be used on any of the tracfone companies, and if we're lucky we'll be able to pass it around.
    Thank you so much for your help!