Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: T-Mobile "Iphone Buy One Get One", Only if port from 3 Carriers.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY, NY USA
    Posts
    292
    Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Thumbs down T-Mobile "Iphone Buy One Get One", Only if port from 3 Carriers.

    I went to my local T-mobile store, wanted to sign up for 2 New lines, buy One Iphone 8 plus, get another for free (Actually $700 rebate off second phone). Plus depending who you speak to have to, give them one of your current Iphones?

    The sales person, said need to be new lines & Port number(s) from NON T-Mobile carrier. We said thats what we want to do, we have 2 lines/numbers on Cricket Wireless.

    UGH, cant be from Cricket, Walmart, Boost, Metro, ONLY from AT&T, VERIZON or SPRINT.

    I called customer service & also chatted online got multiple replies, they all, but one said, can Port from any Carrier. One agent, said, only Walmart & Metro listed as not qualify on this deal

    Went back to the store, they said NO, Cricket does not qualify. Its a prepaid.

    Reg. Frrussre

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,992
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can't find anything that stipulates that you have to port from AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint. Here's the info on their site. It just says, "Port in at least one new voice line onto an eligible rate plan to be used with one of the new devices. "

    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36142

    Since you're submitting a rebate anyway, I don't think it matters what the store says. Port your number, trade in a phone, buy two new phones, submit your rebate and collect your prepaid card.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY, NY USA
    Posts
    292
    Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I can't find anything that stipulates that you have to port from AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint. Here's the info on their site. It just says, "Port in at least one new voice line onto an eligible rate plan to be used with one of the new devices. "

    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36142

    Since you're submitting a rebate anyway, I don't think it matters what the store says. Port your number, trade in a phone, buy two new phones, submit your rebate and collect your prepaid card.
    Hi Jet1000.
    I have now been to a 2nd store, both of which I believe are Corporate Stores, as against Authorized Dealers, though hard to find out.
    2nd store same thing, cannot do the "BOGO", unless port the number From 3 Carriers, as above.

    I'm not willing to take the chance unless I get in writing from the company, there seems to be a few people on line, that have been denied for various reasons. Hoping someone on here, can tell me they got the $700 rebate gift card after porting a number from Cricket wireless.

    If I'm going to end up buying 2 full price Iphones I will go direct to Apple store, get them never been locked. I have 2 iphone 6, never locked from the Apple store.

    Thx

    Reg. Frrussre

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    101
    Device(s)
    Essential
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Free Year
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frrussre View Post
    Hi Jet1000.
    I have now been to a 2nd store, both of which I believe are Corporate Stores, as against Authorized Dealers, though hard to find out.
    2nd store same thing, cannot do the "BOGO", unless port the number From 3 Carriers, as above.

    I'm not willing to take the chance unless I get in writing from the company, there seems to be a few people on line, that have been denied for various reasons. Hoping someone on here, can tell me they got the $700 rebate gift card after porting a number from Cricket wireless.

    If I'm going to end up buying 2 full price Iphones I will go direct to Apple store, get them never been locked. I have 2 iphone 6, never locked from the Apple store.

    Thx

    Reg. Frrussre
    According to the FAQ on the Iphone deal page, it says a non T-Mobile provider which would include Cricket:

    "How do I get this offer?
    Port in a number from a non-T-Mobile provider to one of the phone lines that purchased a new device.
    Purchase both smartphones on the same account through our 24-month no interest Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) with 0% APR.
    Please note that the ported in line of service must have one of the two new devices purchased on EIP attached to it."

    See more here: https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/appl...FTZW8NC6W11803
    LG Fusic-->Samsung Instinct-->Samsung Moment--> Samsung Epic--> Samsung S3-->Samsung S4-->ZTE Zmax-->LG G4-->Moto G5 Plus-->Essential

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,078
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frrussre View Post
    I went to my local T-mobile store, wanted to sign up for 2 New lines, buy One Iphone 8 plus, get another for free (Actually $700 rebate off second phone). Plus depending who you speak to have to, give them one of your current Iphones?

    The sales person, said need to be new lines & Port number(s) from NON T-Mobile carrier. We said thats what we want to do, we have 2 lines/numbers on Cricket Wireless.

    UGH, cant be from Cricket, Walmart, Boost, Metro, ONLY from AT&T, VERIZON or SPRINT.

    I called customer service & also chatted online got multiple replies, they all, but one said, can Port from any Carrier. One agent, said, only Walmart & Metro listed as not qualify on this deal

    Went back to the store, they said NO, Cricket does not qualify. Its a prepaid.

    Reg. Frrussre
    Get an AT&T SIM and open an AT&T prepaid line on the $2/day plan. Then call AT&T to get the prepaid account number and port it to TMobile. AT&T prepaid ports are handled by AT&T porting department, which is the same for both prepaid and postpaid. TMobile won't be able to tell the difference. If they ask if it is prepaid, say no, they will have no idea that it is.

    You will have to activate the AT&T prepaid line and pay $2 + taxes for 1 day before you port it out to TMobile. Make sure you register for online access to your AT&T prepaid line and input your address before you do the port. Unfortunately with AT&T prepaid you have to call to get the account number for the port.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY, NY USA
    Posts
    292
    Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    Get an AT&T SIM and open an AT&T prepaid line on the $2/day plan. Then call AT&T to get the prepaid account number and port it to TMobile. AT&T prepaid ports are handled by AT&T porting department, which is the same for both prepaid and postpaid. TMobile won't be able to tell the difference. If they ask if it is prepaid, say no, they will have no idea that it is.

    You will have to activate the AT&T prepaid line and pay $2 + taxes for 1 day before you port it out to TMobile. Make sure you register for online access to your AT&T prepaid line and input your address before you do the port. Unfortunately with AT&T prepaid you have to call to get the account number for the port.
    Hi.
    Sounds interesting.
    Are you saying tinport my number to AT&T prepaid, is that even doable?
    Then port from AT&T to TMoblle.
    I was hoping someone from TMob would come on and tell me I can port from Cricket direct.
    All the WEB pages and Adverts, none say only 3 Carries qualify. Very misleading adverts.

    Thx.
    Reg frrussre

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,341
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    If this is true, then I don't like the direction Magenta is headed. Hopefully it's not true.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    695
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    The person was wrong. I got 4 bogo iphones and came from cricket.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY, NY USA
    Posts
    292
    Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fflip8 View Post
    The person was wrong. I got 4 bogo iphones and came from cricket.
    Hi, did you get your 2 $700 rebate cards, or are you still waiting?
    Was this part of the current BOGO, December 2017, or the previous ones?

    Thx.
    Frrussre

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,992
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frrussre View Post
    I was hoping someone from TMob would come on and tell me I can port from Cricket direct.
    You were already provided a link to the website in post #4 by dmeeks72 which said:

    "How do I get this offer?
    Port in a number from a non-T-Mobile provider to one of the phone lines that purchased a new device."

    Cricket is a non-T-mobile provider by definition.

    Just because you're being told that in the stores, that doesn't mean T-Mobile has any legal right to deny your rebate based on what some store rep says. If they wanted you to only port from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, they would be legally obligated to spell that out in the terms of the offer. They clearly have not said that.

    All the WEB pages and Adverts, none say only 3 Carries qualify. Very misleading adverts.
    They don't say only 3 carriers qualify because that is not a requirement of the offer. The advertisements aren't misleading.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,051
    Feedback Score
    0
    I faced a similar situation when I wanted to port a relative in from another T-Mobile account. I was told by T-Force they would not get all the ONE PLUS features from my account since they were coming from T-Mobile. It was suggested to port out to any other carrier to comply with the requirements and then port to my TM account and the add in line would get Kick Back, HookUp, One Plus, etc. that I have currently on my account.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY, NY USA
    Posts
    292
    Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You were already provided a link to the website in post #4 by dmeeks72 which said:

    "How do I get this offer?
    Port in a number from a non-T-Mobile provider to one of the phone lines that purchased a new device."

    Cricket is a non-T-mobile provider by definition.

    Just because you're being told that in the stores, that doesn't mean T-Mobile has any legal right to deny your rebate based on what some store rep says. If they wanted you to only port from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, they would be legally obligated to spell that out in the terms of the offer. They clearly have not said that.



    They don't say only 3 carriers qualify because that is not a requirement of the offer. The advertisements aren't misleading.
    Two stores won’t validate the deal.

    Therefore, I can only say misleading advertisement.
    Maybe someone from T-mobile can tell us otherwise. I.e confirm I can get two IPhone 8, port a number(s) and receive a $700 rebate card.
    Reg frrussre

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,992
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frrussre View Post
    Two stores won’t validate the deal.
    Two stores have nothing to do with whether or not you get the deal.

    The rebate is submitted online as the FAQ that was you were given a link to, explains:


    How do I redeem this promotion and when will I receive my rebate?

    Complete the rebate at https://promotions.t-mobile.com within 30 days of activation.
    You‘ll need to have your new devices in hand when submitting.
    Your port-in must be completed prior to submitting.
    Enter your T-Mobile phone number, T-Mobile Pin and correct promo code:
    For Apple: 18Q1APLBOGO
    You will also be asked to enter your devices’ IMEI numbers. This can found by dialing *#06# from your device.
    Within 6-8 weeks, you’ll receive your rebate via Prepaid MasterCard® Card.

    Therefore, I can only say misleading advertisement.
    You can say it, but it doesn't make it true. T-Mobile's advertising matches their offer.

    Maybe someone from T-mobile can tell us otherwise. I.e confirm I can get two IPhone 8, port a number(s) and receive a $700 rebate card.
    I'm not really sure what you're looking for.

    If you go to this website and scroll down to near the bottom of the page, you'll find 17 questions and answers going into great deal about the Buy One Get One Offer.

    https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/apple-iphone-deals

    But it appears that you won't believe the terms on the actual T-Mobile website. But you will believe someone who makes a post in this thread who claims they are "from T-Mobile" (which may or may not be the case) who will "confirm" that you "can get two IPhone 8, port a number(s) and receive a $700 rebate card. "

    I would think the more valid source of information would be the company's website. If you can't trust it, perhaps you should just skip the $700 and just pay full price for the devices at the Apple store as you mentioned earlier.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,073
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Two stores have nothing to do with whether or not you get the deal.

    The rebate is submitted online as the FAQ that was you were given a link to, explains:


    How do I redeem this promotion and when will I receive my rebate?

    Complete the rebate at https://promotions.t-mobile.com within 30 days of activation.
    You‘ll need to have your new devices in hand when submitting.
    Your port-in must be completed prior to submitting.
    Enter your T-Mobile phone number, T-Mobile Pin and correct promo code:
    For Apple: 18Q1APLBOGO
    You will also be asked to enter your devices’ IMEI numbers. This can found by dialing *#06# from your device.
    Within 6-8 weeks, you’ll receive your rebate via Prepaid MasterCard® Card.



    You can say it, but it doesn't make it true. T-Mobile's advertising matches their offer.



    I'm not really sure what you're looking for.

    If you go to this website and scroll down to near the bottom of the page, you'll find 17 questions and answers going into great deal about the Buy One Get One Offer.

    https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/apple-iphone-deals

    But it appears that you won't believe the terms on the actual T-Mobile website. But you will believe someone who makes a post in this thread who claims they are "from T-Mobile" (which may or may not be the case) who will "confirm" that you "can get two IPhone 8, port a number(s) and receive a $700 rebate card. "

    I would think the more valid source of information would be the company's website. If you can't trust it, perhaps you should just skip the $700 and just pay full price for the devices at the Apple store as you mentioned earlier.
    Exactly, the store has nothing to do with the promotion. You, the customer, must go to that website and do it yourself. This is also why people sometimes have issues with never getting their rebate card because they never go online to submit for the rebate card.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY, NY USA
    Posts
    292
    Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NashGuy615 View Post
    Exactly, the store has nothing to do with the promotion. You, the customer, must go to that website and do it yourself. This is also why people sometimes have issues with never getting their rebate card because they never go online to submit for the rebate card.
    I have had a CellPhone since 1991. Before that I had a car phone. I have been through every type of rebate there is.
    I go to the T-Mobile store, I ask for the BOGO they ask me what carrier im on, should I lie?

    And then take a $700 risk that I go online wait for rebate and get denied. Whoops out $700.

    Reg. Frrussre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 10:10 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks