Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bell LTE Speedtests

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE>3g View Post
    That’s awesome. How’d you manage to let them allow you to use as much ext as you want? You pretty much have service all across Canada without having to worry about anything.
    I had a tablet plan. $15/3GB. I called to cancel it and they offered it to me free and unlimited for a year....they told me I can call back when it's up and ask for it again and I'll get it...so I probably have free unlimited LTE for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinRabey View Post
    They have great speeds rural because of massive B4 deployment and now B12 + B12 makes them better than Telus and bell in rural Ontario.
    You should come hang out in Bolton, Nobleton, Schomberg, Beeton, and pretty much all of King City, and New Tecumseth. A lot of places in those townships could be considered rural enough, and Rogers is just awful. I don’t know how Bellus does it, but my Telus phone is almost always on B2 or B4 (i.e. high band LTE) and signal is always very strong in those locations...a could 2-3 bars more than Rogers. I’m almost never on any low band LTE with Telus when I’m off the “beaten path”.

Feedback Score
    That's because you're so close to the GTA. We get low band on towers that serve towns over 1500 people.. But it's never 2 and 4 it's always one or the other. I'm on B12 a lot...

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    You should come hang out in Bolton, Nobleton, Schomberg, Beeton, and pretty much all of King City, and New Tecumseth. A lot of places in those townships could be considered rural enough, and Rogers is just awful. I don’t know how Bellus does it, but my Telus phone is almost always on B2 or B4 (i.e. high band LTE) and signal is always very strong in those locations...a could 2-3 bars more than Rogers. I’m almost never on any low band LTE with Telus when I’m off the “beaten path”.
    Not to mention Tottenham or between hwy 9 and 89 on hwy 50.

Rogers is non-existent. You can't make any kind of call there...

It's like 'The Land that Ted Forgot'.

Sent from my LG-H933 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Bell LTE Speedtests

And I have no idea what this “2018 will be big for network” statement was all about by Joe Natale. They’ve upgraded “some” existing towers but there are still many untouched and virtually no new towers to fill-in coverage gaps. I think he was referring to investment across all networks with a bigger focus on cable for their Ignite TV launch. I see some decent wireless speed improvements in some areas but to be honest, it’s nothing overly significant and we’re almost already 6 months into 2018.

Meanwhile, Bell continues to implement new sites. Take Schomberg for instance...Bell just installed a DAS inside the Trisan Centre, and they already had an outdoor macro site on top of the water tower. As for Rogers...well, still nothing at all. They were supposed to have a large site just outside the Trisan Centre, which I believe was approved years ago (I don’t recall any resistance from the town either). Still nothing, and you’re lucky to get iffy 3G service around the entire town if you’re a Rogers customer.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I had a tablet plan. $15/3GB. I called to cancel it and they offered it to me free and unlimited for a year....they told me I can call back when it's up and ask for it again and I'll get it...so I probably have free unlimited LTE for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s amazing! I shall try that too.

Sent from my iPhone X on Fido’s network using Tapatalk Beta.

Feedback Score
    And I have no idea what this “2018 will be big for network” statement was all about by Joe Natale. They’ve upgraded “some” existing towers but there are still many untouched and virtually no new towers to fill-in coverage gaps. I think he was referring to investment across all networks with a bigger focus on cable for their Ignite TV launch. I see some decent wireless speed improvements in some areas but to be honest, it’s nothing overly significant and we’re almost already 6 months into 2018.

Meanwhile, Bell continues to implement new sites. Take Schomberg for instance...Bell just installed a DAS inside the Trisan Centre, and they already had an outdoor macro site on top of the water tower. As for Rogers...well, still nothing at all. They were supposed to have a large site just outside the Trisan Centre, which I believe was approved years ago (I don’t recall any resistance from the town either). Still nothing, and you’re lucky to get iffy 3G service around the entire town if you’re a Rogers customer.
    Reasons right there why I don't carry Rogers as my main line. They're a secondary line and that's all it'll ever be.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

They've already started in Vancouver.
    Some things I've noticed:

• Switch to Ericsson RAN from Huawei RAN
    • 4x4 MIMO on all upgraded sites (at least on B2 (2 carriers), B4, and B5)
    • MFBI for B12 (17)/18 (5)/25 (2)/26 (5)/66 (4)
    • RAN keeps you on low band instead of trying to force you up to 4/7 like previously
    • Much higher throughput (especially during peak hours), compared to before (may have to do with higher signal as result of above)

I haven't had much time to look at the sites, do test

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post

• RAN keeps you on low band instead of trying to force you up to 4/7 like previously
    • Much higher throughput (especially during peak hours), compared to before (may have to do with higher signal as result of above)

I wish we had Ericsson RAN here. It'd be nice to have B12 PCC for better uploads when B4 and B7 don't have good signals...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post

Not to mention adding coverage across the whole translink skytrain system which Telus which has its headquarters in Vancouver hasn’t, adding towers in Abbotsford and adding a tower on top of the new mall in south delta. Also they improved coverage on the island. Also SFU students can now get better coverage in certain parts of campus with Rogers since they added a macro I think it’s called in the building but I don’t recall ever having problems at SFU. But yes they have been doing a good job in the lower mainland.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

British Columbia

Feedback Score
    I wish we had Ericsson RAN here. It'd be nice to have B12 PCC for better uploads when B4 and B7 don't have good signals...

Rogers exclusively used Ericsson nationality until a few years ago when they replaced Western Canada RAN with Huawei. Sounds like they're going back to Ericsson there.

Other provinces have been Ericsson all along.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Feedback Score
    To continue on here it seems bell has a tower or a micro tower I believe it’s called on/near the the delta bc hospital according to the tower map. However my friend on Telus has no service there, does anybody know if that a bell exclusive since that would be weird considering bell usually doesn’t have towers in bc. I’ll have to check with somebody on bell to see if they have coverage in there because maybe the service doesn’t reach inside. Also doesn’t bell/Telus roam on Rogers if there is no coverage similar to Rogers ext? Here is the images https://imgur.com/a/TSNjbKa and https://imgur.com/a/clwF07z . Still find it weird Telus hasn’t added towers on some key places like this hospital even though they have the headquarters in BC. Rogers has towers there since doctors at Fraser health have Rogers cell phones which would make sense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE>3g View Post
    Not to mention adding coverage across the whole translink skytrain system which Telus which has its headquarters in Vancouver hasn’t, adding towers in Abbotsford and adding a tower on top of the new mall in south delta. Also they improved coverage on the island. Also SFU students can now get better coverage in certain parts of campus with Rogers since they added a macro I think it’s called in the building but I don’t recall ever having problems at SFU. But yes they have been doing a good job in the lower mainland.
    If its in building it's a DAS system.

Feedback Score
    Agree. Bell only has indoor systems in the Vancouver area, and it is definitely shared with Telus. Outdoor macro sites are only built by Telus.

I don't think Bell and Telus have decided to use Rogers for roaming, but I could be wrong about that.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast