Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unlock Codes while under Next / 2 Year Contract

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    If you purchase an item and do not completely pay for it, you are stealing it. Try to keep your automobile after you stop making the installment payments.
    Lol. Stealing it. You own memory on it. If you don’t pay your credits card bill are you stealing too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you are. You are stealing the funds advanced to you for the purchase. The only difference is that an automobile loan is secured and the security can be repossessed for non-payment. I guess you meant: "You owe money on it.'

Go to General District Court in Charlottesville, Virginia and see how many people are charged with theft for bouncing checks. Cashing a check is a short term loan secured by your bank balance. In most localities, the merchant sues in civil court to collect for bounced checks. In the cases cited, the merchant uses the power of the state to collect by bringing criminal charges. The punishment is court costs, a fine and restitution. The merchant does not even have to hire a lawyer.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Yes, you are. You are stealing the funds advanced to you for the purchase. The only difference is that an automobile loan is secured and the security can be repossessed for non-payment. I guess you meant: "You owe money on it.'

Go to General District Court in Charlottesville, Virginia and see how many people are charged with theft for bouncing checks. Cashing a check is a short term loan secured by your bank balance. In most localities, the merchant sues in civil court to collect for bounced checks. In the cases cited, the merchant uses the power of the state to collect by bringing criminal charges. The punishment is court costs, a fine and restitution. The merchant does not even have to hire a lawyer.
    Bouncing a check is completely different. States have written into their criminal code laws against purposefully bouncing a check. Non-payment of a cell phone bill, even if there are financed items on the monthly bill, is not theft. It is unsecured credit, and AT&T's remedy is to send the unpaid balance to collections or sue. I am very turned off about the "moral outrage" supporting a company that can easily afford the hit. We're talking about a few midrange android phones that are half paid off. Get off your high horses people. Anyways it doesn't matter about unlocking them. I talked to my partner's mother yesterday and she agreed to pay our bill with AT&T until we get back on our feet again. I feel its a much better solution as we don't lose the ability to finance nice phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boitoy1996 View Post
    Bouncing a check is completely different. States have written into their criminal code laws against purposefully bouncing a check. Non-payment of a cell phone bill, even if there are financed items on the monthly bill, is not theft. It is unsecured credit, and AT&T's remedy is to send the unpaid balance to collections or sue.
    All of that is true but they will send you to collections and then the collection agency tacks on interest, collection costs and attorney's fees. They often go to court to get a judgment then they can attach your assets, levy on your bank account, etc.

I talked to my partner's mother yesterday and she agreed to pay our bill with AT&T until we get back on our feet again. I feel its a much better solution as we don't lose the ability to finance nice phones.
    Exactly. When people get in bad situations financially, they need to turn to family and friends for help or run a balance on a credit card and pay interest for awhile. You can also sell things you own.

But unless you are prepared to declare bankrutpcy, it is a bad idea to let bills go unpaid since getting turned over to collections is a nightmare.

The economy is strong now, there are Help Wanted signs everywhere. You may not be able to get a job in the career of your choice, but there is work out there. It may not be high paying work, but it should bring in more than unemployment especially if you are willing to work 2 jobs. A neighbor of mine lost his business when the housing bubble burst. Well guess what he did? He took a job at a 7-11. He said he was far too proud to accept assistance from the government, he would rather work as a convenience store clerk than take a handout.

Feedback Score
    I am very turned off about the "moral outrage" supporting a company that can easily afford the hit.
    The only reason AT&T can afford to take a hit is because the rest of us pay our bills. But make no mistake about it, AT&T won't be taking a hit for the full amount owed. They will sell the debt at a discount to a debt collector who will relentlessly pursue you for the full amount of the debt + collection costs + attorney's fees. The amount owed starts increasing rapidly once your debt gets sold.

As for being turned off, a lot of people here are turned off about your attitude too.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    One thing that has been skipped over is, the phones he has are from relatives. They are not paid for. If the relatives are active on AT&T while using other phones then AT&T will suspend the relatives account unless the "Phones" are paid for. The OP has no responsibility to AT&T other than their own plan, if they are separate from the relatives.

Feedback Score
    No the phones are not from relatives. I said we we have custody of my neice due to my sisters illness. the phones are on payment plans with us. The whole plan is in my boyfriends name since AT&T required a 1000 / line deposit from me, but the phones we got are on a Next installment plan thru his account. We got my neice a cellphone because all of her friends have one and she needs to be able to do things like Facebook, and Twitter and Instagram / Tumblr, it really has been a wonderful way at keeping her from bothering us, and the huge never-ending smile she had on the day we gave it to her was worth the 30% down payment alone.

Feedback Score
    The whole plan is in my boyfriends name since AT&T required a 1000 / line deposit from me
    Dude, you are definitely trolling us. You said your partner was 19yo and you are 33yo. I doubt a 19yo had enough credit history to not require a deposit.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Feedback Score
    Lol this is utterly ridiculous. I'm sorry but espousing how you live better on unemployment then working looking at how to avoid paying bills you agreed to and finally getting an iphone your niece whose mother is dying so she doesnt "bother you" I dont know how you could expect any of us to not be turned off by the behavior. We all have some social responsibility. I am gay and chronically ill/some what disabled by lymr disease. I havent collected a dimr from the government have worked through some of the most intense parts of the illness and subsequently have been fired from numerous jobs I gave my heart and soul to because of the impact Lyme disease has on the overall perception of me. And as a result ive been forced to essentially live on nothing but w the help of my partner and my parents. If true its wonderful that you have a family member to help you out too. I'm not trying to preach at you but you can't expect people to empathize with you when you make it glaringly apparent you're not attempting to help yourself first and foremost. Anyway /end rant.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    Dude, you are definitely trolling us. You said your partner was 19yo and you are 33yo. I doubt a 19yo had enough credit history to not require a deposit.
    He didnt need a deposit for service. We did have to put 30% down on the phones though, which is why we didn't get iPhones. If it had been zero down we would have gotten iPhone 8 Pluses for all of us but since we had to actually put almost a third down up front we got more middle of the road phones.

Also, you know that Lyme disease, from what I've read and heard, qualifies for you to receive disability and all kinds of state and federal handouts. You should look into that so you don't have to work.

Feedback Score
    He didnt need a deposit for service. We did have to put 30% down on the phones though, which is why we didn't get iPhones. If it had been zero down we would have gotten iPhone 8 Pluses for all of us but since we had to actually put almost a third down up front we got more middle of the road phones.

Also, you know that Lyme disease, from what I've read and heard, qualifies for you to receive disability and all kinds of state and federal handouts. You should look into that so you don't have to work.
    You are an entertaining little troll, lol!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    You are an entertaining little troll, lol!
    You're constant insistance that Im a troll and making all this up is really starting to piss me off! Shut your trap, or I will have to shut it for you.

Feedback Score
    You're constant insistance that Im a troll and making all this up is really starting to piss me off! Shut your trap, or I will have to shut it for you.
    Hahahahaha, you crack me up, keep 'em comin'!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2