Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2018 Truphone thread 2018

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Jelly Pro
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, FreedomPop, AT&T, Tracfone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Like I said, it's officially 180 days per the TOS I quoted above, not 3 months. But I do agree. If the SIM is important and/or has a large balance, it should be used once every 180 days to be safe.
    I forgot on a couple of 3 month go around I do for it and my Lycamobile SIM and it was actually past the 180 days (on both SIMs). Think I was confusing my thoughts as I meant to say 6 months. The last time was 6 months this year because I had a incoming call issue that was pain to resolve and I had just gave up on it. It now works and the problem was resolved. I must say their customer service is really good despite the carrier issues they had on my end

I think I have the same loaded funds I had on it from when I got it 3 years ago. It has definitely been worth the initial expense.

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    I misplaced my tru sim phone at least since 2015 with about $15 on it. It's here somewhere. The money still shows. I can't make a call without the phone but I know the account is good because on my NYC number I get the occasional voicemail in Chinese. Just got one yesterday. Also I can call it myself and leave one. I know they come thru because I get then in an email with voicemail file attached.

At least 4 years and no money expended. Tru says I can get a new sim for $15. I'm too cheap. Phone will turn up eventually as most lost items do. Would like to know how earlier poster's dad's account was closed.

Might take a trip to London in the new year. Guess I will have to break down and get a new sim.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokiayes View Post
    ...Would like to know how earlier poster's dad's account was closed...
    rafster seems to be MIA at the moment...

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Or start digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokiayes View Post
    I misplaced my tru sim phone at least since 2015 with about $15 on it.......... It's here somewhere....... Phone will turn up eventually as most lost items do........ Might take a trip to London in the new year. Guess I will have to break down and get a new sim.
    Or start digging.

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    rafster seems to be MIA at the moment...
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. My dad didn't use the sim for about a year (9-10months) and was afraid the account was closed, but he never checked to make sure. He uses it as a secondary line when he travels to places that Tmobile has spotty coverage in. I charged up his Galaxy S4 Active. I was able to make/receive calls.

We did actually call Truphone support just to make sure all was ok. They said the line was fully functional and the balance had not been touched. I have a feeling that the 180 day shutoff is for people with either very little or no balance. The Truphone rep actually pointed out that the last activity was like 9-10 months ago, but he didn't make a big deal of it still working. It was almost like it was "normal".

All in all, great support from them and my dad is now happy.
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by rafster View Post
    I was able to make/receive calls. .........................
    All in all, great support from them and my dad is now happy.
    And a lot of people here just exhaled.

Feedback Score
    Posting here because there is no Truphone 2019 thread.

One thing I've come to realize that I don't like about Trufone is that 99% of the time their phone numbers are not recognized as mobile numbers by services that want a mobile number for SMS verification. This past weekend I tried to sign up for Venmo. I got to the part where it asked for my mobile number. I didn't want to give them the actual number linked to my smartphone so I tried putting in my Trufone number. I was then hit with the dreaded "The number you entered is not a mobile number" error message. This is because Truphone numbers are actually VoIP numbers.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cordshredder View Post

One thing I've come to realize that I don't like about Trufone is that 99% of the time their phone numbers are not recognized as mobile numbers by services that want a mobile number for SMS verification. This past weekend I tried to sign up for Venmo. I got to the part where it asked for my mobile number. I didn't want to give them the actual number linked to my smartphone so I tried putting in my Trufone number. I was then hit with the dreaded "The number you entered is not a mobile number" error message. This is because Truphone numbers are actually VoIP numbers.
    My Truphone # also doesn't appear as wireless, but it doesn't appear as VoIP, either.

If I put my Truphone # into https://freecarrierlookup.com/, it comes back as:
    Carrier: Level 3 Communications, LLC
    Is Wireless: n

If that's how your Truphone # appears, too, you probably won't be able to use it for receiving a text verification.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cordshredder View Post

Thanks for the tip. I did not know that. Truphone numbers are not VOIP. They are just not flagged as being a mobile number.

Device(s)
    LG Volt, LG clamshell,
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus,T-Mo prepaid,Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Does it make a difference if the number on the Truphone has been ported from a cell phone?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob859 View Post
    Does it make a difference if the number on the Truphone has been ported from a cell phone?
    I don't think so. But you can check your # at the link I posted above.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, if no one minds, I'll start the Truphone 2019 thread.

It's open now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5