Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coverage in CT

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I was going to say, I wouldn't expect much signal in someplace like West Hartland or Canaan. (n.b. Canaan is not near New Canaan)
    Canaan looks like a dead zone for all carriers. I have to check West Hartland or the upper resovoir area though. I mapped the area in around the lower reservoir area a while back on Sensorly.

Also my wife has Att while I have T-Mobile. Which was nice years ago when we traveled a lot of time I had no service while she did. This past summer it now seams we both have service in most places. There maybe times I have service and she doesn't, vice a versa, or we both don't have service. Although that hardly happens as much anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Who? View Post
    I am considering jumping from AT&T to take the 55+ deal.

All coverage reports from CT would be appreciated. I don't want to have to jump back.

We are in Vernon, about 12 miles East of Hartford.
    You most likely won't have any service issues. T-Mo has your area covered very well it looks like. Plus, the amount of money you will be saving.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    I just ordered a MintSIM kit from Best Buy, to be picked up Saturday, so I can compare directly.

I'll have two phones, but I guess lots of folks have two due to their job, so it shouldn't be any hardship.

It should be interesting. I'll be using SignalCheck Lite on both phones.

Feedback Score
    I’m frequently in the Manchester area. Verizon is definitely the king in CT but T-Mobile has made great progress in the areas I’ve visited They’re pretty much on par with Verizon now. Make sure the phone you test the network with is Band 12-compatible as it is widely deployed in the area.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leo781 View Post
    I’m frequently in the Manchester area. Verizon is definitely the king in CT but T-Mobile has made great progress in the areas I’ve visited They’re pretty much on par with Verizon now. Make sure the phone you test the network with is Band 12-compatible as it is widely deployed in the area.
    I agree. I was in that area recently and TMobile worked much better than expected and seemed to work just as well as a friends Verizon phone

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leo781 View Post
    That won't be a problem, as I will be using my bright and shiny new Pixel 2.

Feedback Score
    That won't be a problem, as I will be using my bright and shiny new Pixel 2.
    Kinda wish I had one. I now have a Pixel 1, and the 4 hour battery life is dismaying.

I hear the battery life is great on the Pixel 2 line.

Feedback Score
    I'm in Enfield and switched last September from Verizon to the 55+ plan. Coverage is great in CT, a huge improvement from even 3 or 4 years ago. Download speeds range from from good (10mb/s inside my house in Enfield) to crazy fast (over 100 mb/s outdoors in Hartford) and I even have LTE coverage at our cabin on a lake in NH.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    I have everything but 71 on my Pixel 2, but I suspect that it can be turned on by software, but I am guessing there.

I have decided to take a three month ride on MintSIM, to test T-Mobile locally before I jump, and I will compare directly with AT&T at the same locations and time.

I agree that the posted map does not exactly get me all pink & wiggly. I live in a really poor signal area, and I average -110 to -112 dBm in side my house. Usable, but not overwhelming.

If Google can and does turn on Band 71 and T-Mobile adds it locally, that may or may not help, and of course it may not happen until after I have decided.
    Last edited by Who?; 01-18-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have everything but 71 on my Pixel 2, but I suspect that it can be turned on by software, but I am guessing there.

I have decided to take a three month ride on MintSIM, to test T-Mobile locally before I jump, and I will compare directly with AT&T at the same locations and time.

I agree that the posted map does not exactly get me all pink & wiggly. I live in a really poor signal area, and I average -110 to -112 dBm in side my house. Usable, but not overwhelming.

If Google can and does turn on Band 71 and T-Mobile adds it locally, that may or may not help, and of course it may not happen until after I have decided.
    The signal isn't great, but mostly usable. You can get T-Mobile to send you a 'in house' signal booster. Just put one in the window on the side with the 'strongest' signal, and place the 2nd box (transmitter) on the other side of the house.
    For me, on the 'weak' side I get between -106 and -110 dBm on band 4 and -97dBm on band 12. I typically get better than 40Mbps. Then again, the nearest cell site is only 1/3 mile away.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just remember Mint is an MVNO and would be behind T-Mobile postpaid and T-Mobile prepaid and Metro on their network so the experience using Mint may not be as good as you will get with T-Mobile directly.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    I'm in Enfield and switched last September from Verizon to the 55+ plan. Coverage is great in CT, a huge improvement from even 3 or 4 years ago. Download speeds range from from good (10mb/s inside my house in Enfield) to crazy fast (over 100 mb/s outdoors in Hartford) and I even have LTE coverage at our cabin on a lake in NH.
    What lake? I grew up in the lakes region and visit every year.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sorry but your Pixel 2 is missing the extra hardware it needs to work with Band 71 and can't be upgraded by software. It needs either a 700 Mhz antenna or Qualcomm new RF Front end that converts a 700 Mhz antenna into a 600 Mhz antenna.

Google Pixel XL 2 passes through the FCC, won't support T-Mobile's 600MHz LTE network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Sorry but your Pixel 2 is missing the extra hardware it needs to work with Band 71 and can't be upgraded. It needs either a 700 Mhz antenna or Qualcomm new RF Front end that converts a 700 Mhz antenna into a 600 Mhz antenna.

Google Pixel XL 2 passes through the FCC, won't support T-Mobile's 600MHz LTE network
    One might hope that Google changes the Pixel mid-stream and adds Band 71 for a "T-Mobile" version. "Fat chance"... but this is what Samsung did with the Samsung S8 Active, right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    The signal isn't great, but mostly usable. You can get T-Mobile to send you a 'in house' signal booster. Just put one in the window on the side with the 'strongest' signal, and place the 2nd box (transmitter) on the other side of the house.
    For me, on the 'weak' side I get between -106 and -110 dBm on band 4 and -97dBm on band 12. I typically get better than 40Mbps. Then again, the nearest cell site is only 1/3 mile away.
    T-Mobile for me works best in the house, so I'd never need that. It works worst in the Amish area I pass through a lot. But there's only so much you can complain about a leading-edge 21st century telecomm company not providing native-network cell phone coverage to the Amish.

Name:  AmishComic.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  45.8 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast