Thread: Does the home plans have lte? Thx

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score

Does the home plans have lte? Thx

Does the home plans have lte? Thx

Feedback Score
    All plans have LTE, including any grandfathered plans. LTE uses bandwidth more efficiently, so it made sense to give it to everyone.

Feedback Score
    The grandfathered mobile internet plans do not have LTE, otherwise you are correct.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB). iPad 6th Generation (2018) (128GB).
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinly84 View Post
    The grandfathered mobile internet plans do not have LTE, otherwise you are correct.
    The Grandfathered plans have LTE. I'm on one of them. All plans have LTE.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    The Grandfathered plans have LTE. I'm on one of them. All plans have LTE.
    Are you on the grandfathered mobile internet plan? Because if you have LTE, I'd like to know which plan.

As far as I understand, the old mobile internet plans like Holiday All In the Family did not get LTE
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB). iPad 6th Generation (2018) (128GB).
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Are you on the grandfathered mobile internet plan? Because if you have LTE, I'd like to know which plan.

As far as I understand, the old mobile internet plans like Holiday All In the Family did not get LTE
    I'm on the Everywhere 59 plan (since discontinued). As soon as the spectrum swap was approved by the Government of Canada, I switched my plan. You will not be able to get this. This had/has LTE (but before Band 7 went live in Toronto in "some hoods"). This did require a SIM Card changeout (I had a Profile 5 card, now it's a Profile 6).

When Shaw rolled out the "Big Gig" plans, I was grandfathered.

Feedback Score
    What plan do you have?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    I'm on the Everywhere 59 plan (since discontinued). As soon as the spectrum swap was approved by the Government of Canada, I switched my plan. You will not be able to get this. This had/has LTE (but before Band 7 went live in Toronto in "some hoods"). This did require a SIM Card changeout (I had a Profile 5 card, now it's a Profile 6).

When Shaw rolled out the "Big Gig" plans, I was grandfathered.
    If you are on the Everywhere 59 plan then how do you know all Plans have LTE? Mobile Internet Plans were different from Voice Plans with Data. Every Plan was given LTE recently but few plans were still left out. Mobile Internet Plans were one of those that were left out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post

Almost all old 3G Plans with Voice & Data like HMP, i35 wish 40 etc have access to LTE as long as you are in LTE coverage area with an LTE Capable phone along with one of the latest sim card. Mobile Internet Plans were left out of LTE. They Maybe given LTE just like almost all old Grandfathered Plans were given LTE in the Future but as of now old Mobile Internet Plans don't have LTE

Feedback Score
    P

Sent from my E6653 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    If you are on the Everywhere 59 plan then how do you know all Plans have LTE? Mobile Internet Plans were different from Voice Plans with Data. Every Plan was given LTE recently but few plans were still left out. Mobile Internet Plans were one of those that were left out.
    I forgot about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    Almost all old 3G Plans with Voice & Data like HMP, i35 wish 40 etc have access to LTE as long as you are in LTE coverage area with an LTE Capable phone along with one of the latest sim card. Mobile Internet Plans were left out of LTE. They Maybe given LTE just like almost all old Grandfathered Plans were given LTE in the Future but as of now old Mobile Internet Plans don't have LTE
    That's when I switched out my SIM Card, once that spectrum swap was approved. And this was shortly after I had gotten my 6S Plus. But then again you can use your phone as a hotspot so why would you need a mobile stick? I guess it comes down to personal preference.