Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Are the unlimited plans changing in the near future?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baayers View Post
    I can’t speak for now but I know it was available as of the end of October.
    I would assume as long as Verizon has their single line 5 GB $55 plan that it would be kept around as a way to keep people from switching.

Sorry for the second post but accidentally hit the post button and there is no easy way to edit from the mobile site.

Feedback Score
    AT&T prepaid 6gb plan is a good deal. With roll over data, tethering, Canada/Mexico calling and same coverage as postpaid.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    AT&T prepaid 6gb plan is a good deal. With roll over data, tethering, Canada/Mexico calling and same coverage as postpaid.
    Is it deprioritized behind postpaid?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    If you look at the coverage maps, prepaid coverage is less than postpaid coverage. There are at least areas where postpaid has voice coverage that prepaid has nothing.

Unfortunately, the ATT maps don't differentiate between prepaid data and prepaid voice. A quick look seems to indicate that Prepaid is similar to postpaid data (which is less than postpaid voice), so I don't know whether prepaid data is a subset of voice or not.

But this is better than in the past, when prepaid didn't roam at all. ATT Prepaid seems to have better coverage than at least some ATT MVNOs. ST ATT used to have better coverage in Nebraska, for instance, than it does now.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    It doesn't seem like it. These new Mobile Share Flex plans are a downgrade from Mobile Share Advantage.
    Yeah I meant on unlimited. Once unlimited returned it was clear that AT&T wanted to push everyone to unlimited. I don't expect them to pull a Verizon and force you to pay extra for certain things on unlimited. AT&T started with the different tiers of unlimited tho. Mobile share flex reaffirms their push to unlimited imo

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    doesn’t att charge extra for full lte speeds when I was getting ready to leave T-Mobile I went to att and they had 2 plans 1 with full lte and the other with 3 megs max

Sent from my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    doesn’t att charge extra for full lte speeds when I was getting ready to leave T-Mobile I went to att and they had 2 plans 1 with full lte and the other with 3 megs max
    AT&T has 2 plans - UDP Plus and UDP Choice. UDP+ has full LTE speeds included in the price and stream saver is on by default but you can turn it off for free.

Verizon also has 2 plans but to get HD streaming it is extra. The current Verizon plans are worse than the AT&T plans.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    AT&T has 2 plans - UDP Plus and UDP Choice. UDP+ has full LTE speeds included in the price and stream saver is on by default but you can turn it off for free.

Verizon also has 2 plans but to get HD streaming it is extra. The current Verizon plans are worse than the AT&T plans.
    I think that depends on the plan configuration. I could care less about full HD streaming on a 5" screen. I do care about speed and coverage. My family of 4 can get full speed LTE (throttled anytime if needed) for $160 with Verizon. For the same price on At&t my max speeds would be 3mbps. I think I'd rather have full speeds on Verizon *most* the time then deal with 3mbps on At&t. Plus, doesn't a family of 4 pay $200 plus tax for 4 lines on the un-unlimited plan on both networks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    I think that depends on the plan configuration. I could care less about full HD streaming on a 5" screen. I do care about speed and coverage. My family of 4 can get full speed LTE (throttled anytime if needed) for $160 with Verizon. For the same price on At&t my max speeds would be 3mbps. I think I'd rather have full speeds on Verizon *most* the time then deal with 3mbps on At&t. Plus, doesn't a family of 4 pay $200 plus tax for 4 lines on the un-unlimited plan on both networks?
    $185 for ATT unlimited plus vs $200 for Verizon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooseey View Post
    $185 for ATT unlimited plus vs $200 for Verizon.
    Thanks. AT&T’s website makes it difficult to determine plan pricing. All I can find is “less then $50 a line.”

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. AT&T’s website makes it difficult to determine plan pricing.
    Yes, a lot of us have been saying this. It's not easy to see the actual price. They want to be a TV provider and they're starting to act like it on the wireless side too. AT&T does not care about good advertising, reasonable prices, or clearly defined pricing structures just like the cable/fiber companies. They just see a relatively stable population that sends in cash every month.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Yes, a lot of us have been saying this. It's not easy to see the actual price. They want to be a TV provider and they're starting to act like it on the wireless side too. AT&T does not care about good advertising, reasonable prices, or clearly defined pricing structures just like the cable/fiber companies. They just see a relatively stable population that sends in cash every month.
    We are DirecTv and AT&T DSL customers. It should be easy to attract my family’s wireless business but.....we’ve carried everything but AT&T wireless and I can’t find a reason to ever switch other then one bill.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Honestly Comcast pricing is easier to figure out than what BS AT&T has going on now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We are DirecTv and AT&T DSL customers. It should be easy to attract my family’s wireless business but.....we’ve carried everything but AT&T wireless and I can’t find a reason to ever switch other then one bill.
    Well if you ever do switch don’t do combined billing. What a train wreck that is! It takes them months to make it happen and then only certain depts can see things on your bill. It’s a nightmare. I autopay with paperless billing so I don’t care about multiple bills.
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by astrand1 View Post
    Well if you ever do switch don’t do combined billing. What a train wreck that is! It takes them months to make it happen and then only certain depts can see things on your bill. It’s a nightmare. I autopay with paperless billing so I don’t care about multiple bills.
    I have had no problems with combined billing. I still receive grandfathered $10 off with combined billing. Problems with no show for installation is a different problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4