Thread: New Years Eve traffic - hows the network holding up in your area?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

New Years Eve traffic - hows the network holding up in your area?

Anyone have any congestion issues so far? Assuming most of them wont happen til midnight but interesting to see how the network performs in various areas across the country tonight!

Feedback Score
    No congestion so far. We will have to see. Twitter will often be a good source to find people complaining.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Seems to be holding up all good here in East End of St. Johns. Currently 12:08 and ran a couple speed tests, averaging about 10 Mbps less than normal for download but still pulling 30 Mbps download and 8 Mbps upload in my basement apartment. Calls and texts going through perfectly. Wonder how Bell is holding up.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

New Years Eve traffic - hows the network holding up in your area?

Dont know about Bell but its 11:30 here in Vaughan (GTA...north side of Canadas Wonderland area) and all good with Telus. Just ran a couple of speed tests with iPhone 6...91 Mbps using the Rogers server and 115 using the Telus server. If I can stay awake, Ill run more tests at midnight but I suspect everything will be perfect. In prior years Ive had zero problems with Telus on New Years Eve.

Edit: Update...12:02 here. Everything works fine for me with Telus (calls, messages, data). Speed actually went up lol...clocked 126. Things seem to be fine on my wifes Rogers phone too (texts, calls going thru fine) although shes been switching between LTE and 3G a little more frequently than usual. Again, were in a really bad Rogers area so didnt bother doing a speed test due to the frequent switching.
    Last edited by toolcube; 01-01-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    All good in Vancouver downtown. People are piled up. However there is still 40 minutes until it hits 12.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yup. Had no congestion issues in downtown Vancouver. I wasn't expecting any issues to begin with, thanks to New Year spread over 6 time zones in this country. Maybe they had congestion issues in China and India with a billion people. 😂

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcadas View Post
    Yup. Had no congestion issues in downtown Vancouver. I wasn't expecting any issues to begin with, thanks to New Year spread over 6 time zones in this country. Maybe they had congestion issues in China and India with a billion people. 😂
    Yeah Rogers seems to never have problems in Vancouver. The west seems good right now but the east provinces Ontario,Quebec have problems according to twitter
    https://twitter.com/rogershelps/stat...00260377280512

Feedback Score
    Happy new year west coast. Everything was okay for me. I never dropped bars, calls texts data all worked. My friend on Virgin dropped a bar but everything still worked too. No clue how Freedom faired.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    Yeah Rogers seems to never have problems in Vancouver. The west seems good right now but the east provinces Ontario,Quebec have problems according to twitter
    Damn apparently messaging is down in the east provinces in Canada. You can still receive texts but cant send texts. The good thing is calling and data are fine. So iMessages still work. But damn Rogers cant be having text problems like that. Bc and praises are good.

Feedback Score
    I am in Edmonton and had issues for a while with texting (GTA phone number). But data speeds were awesome. Ran a speedtest on both of my phones and on my iPhone X I got 170 down and 19.7 down. My Pixel 2 XL was close to that but I don't remember what it was
    Name:  IMG_0217.png
Views: 326
Size:  433.6 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brian451 View Post
    I am in Edmonton and had issues for a while with texting (GTA phone number). But data speeds were awesome. Ran a speedtest on both of my phones and on my iPhone X I got 170 down and 19.7 down. My Pixel 2 XL was close to that but I don't remember what it was
    Name:  IMG_0217.png
Views: 326
Size:  433.6 KB
    Yeah it seemed to be only sending text messages, people could still send iMessages using data. Calling and data both worked from what Im reading on twitter. It was fine in Vancouver however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    Don't know about data on Rogers and Fido in Quebec.

But family members on Rogers and Fido could not send text messages. It would constantly say failed to send message. Calling was fine though.

On Koodo I was able to use data, voice calls, and texting just fine.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Didn't have any issues in Elliot Lake. Speeds were around 50Mbps

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.