Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rogers/Fido customers now have wireless access across Vancouver full SkyTrain System

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    As previously stated the ‘map’ you’re referencing isn’t working correctly. Many sites aren’t listed with the most recent update of the map. Usually it’s updated once a month. Check the map again after Jan 2nd should be the update.
    Where are you referencing Belus only has ‘One DAS’ ? Belus has more then 30+ of DAS within BC alone. Most airports (regardless of size), marinas, hospitals and malls. Telus provides ‘Maco’ sites in residential and high consumption areas via fibre backhaul to the network 10-15 macros in an area each individually connected vs Rogers ‘low band’ stretching 4-6 anennas with several sectors with one backhaul connection to their network (often not even fibre)
    Rogers has towers too at hospitals,airports. For example Surrey memorial, yvr, Vancouver general, Abbotsford hospital.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Telus provides ‘Maco’ sites in residential and high consumption areas via fibre backhaul to the network 10-15 macros in an area each individually connected vs Rogers ‘low band’ stretching 4-6 anennas with several sectors with one backhaul connection to their network (often not even fibre)
    I knew about Bellus individually connecting most of their sites via fibre backhaul, and I also knew about Rogers still heavily relying on microwave backhaul (i.e. not fibre), but I didn’t know they had multiple sites sharing one backhaul connection. Is that really true? If it is, it would be another reason why Rogers performance and overall quality is subpar...and for a provider as big as they are, that’s just unacceptable. Back in the “2G to 3G transition” days, I know Rogers was stretching their network (including backhaul) far beyond acceptable limits, but if they’re still doing that, then just wow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    Well I just looked at @Cayaguy post history and you were mentioning Telus has better coverage than Rogers at sky trains in Vancouver. Don't understand why you are fanboying Belus so much. If you lived in metro Vancouver you would know.
    Lol Telus on Translink! I went from Fido to pm and now I'm back on Fido and I can guarantee Telus network does not work throughout the whole system. The Cayaguy def has to be a troll. You can tell looking through his post history. The only area where I find pm worked better was in white rock. Other than that indoor and at the skytrain Rogers network has been better for me. Its def a troll attempt by Cayaguy. Rogers used to have shir coverage in Twassen Mills but they fixed that and it's even better than belus there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    I knew about Bellus individually connecting most of their sites via fibre backhaul, and I also knew about Rogers still heavily relying on microwave backhaul (i.e. not fibre), but I didn’t know they had multiple sites sharing one backhaul connection. Is that really true? If it is, it would be another reason why Rogers performance and overall quality is subpar...and for a provider as big as they are, that’s just unacceptable. Back in the “2G to 3G transition” days, I know Rogers was stretching their network (including backhaul) far beyond acceptable limits, but if they’re still doing that, then just wow.
    They def use Fibre in Metro Vancouver. Unless Rogers technical support was lying. I swear they where advertising using fibre and how it does not get affected by weather or something like that. Because if Rogers is using back haul connection then it would be worse than Telus who uses fibre. and from my experience that's not the case.

Feedback Score
    Keep it up and you’re gonna get a boot from a mediator. It’s off topic and irrelevant. Play nice

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    They use fibre. Not sure why you would trust Cayaguy, the same guy who said Telus works at almost all sky trains expect a couple stations in Vancouver. He's clearly a troll

Feedback Score
    Well I just looked at @Cayaguy post history and you were mentioning Telus has better coverage than Rogers at sky trains in Vancouver. Don't understand why you are fanboying Belus so much. If you lived in metro Vancouver you would know.
    Keep it up and you’re gonna get a boot from a mediator. It’s off topic and irrelevant. Play nice

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    For what? Be honest do you live in metro Vancouver? Or a better question would be have you ever used a sky train in Vancouver before?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE>3g View Post
    They def use Fibre in Metro Vancouver. Unless Rogers technical support was lying. I swear they where advertising using fibre and how it does not get affected by weather or something like that. Because if Rogers is using back haul connection then it would be worse than Telus who uses fibre. and from my experience that's not the case.
    Rogers doesn’t have fibre in BC so I can’t see them installing a fibre network. They use a mix of Shaw and private networks for backhaul (mostly) in urban areas and microwave in rural areas to connect to their network. Telus isn’t 100% fibre backhaul but close.. they’ve been replacing bonded DSL/Copper for years.

Feedback Score
    I've used both Telus network and Rogers network. So @Aceclutch @Cayaguy both work at Canad Line. Belus owns the equipment and leases it to Rogers/freedom. Now for the rest of translink its Rogers network, it's way way way way way better. No clue why Cayaguy does not believe in that. Now in terms of fibre optic and all of this stuff I have no clue. But Rogers in my experience works better indoor, so even if they are using old equipment they are doing it a hell of a lot better than Telus and there system. I'm from Vancouver so everything I said is pretty accurate. You can even tweet translink and they will tell you which tunnels have whose coverage. But from Rogers technical support hey use fibre.

Feedback Score
    For what? Be honest do you live in metro Vancouver? Or a better question would be have you ever used a sky train in Vancouver before?
    What your trying to accomplish is against forum rules and off topic. ‘flaming’ You’ve been warned and now reported. I will let the mediator handle this from here on in.

Feedback Score
    What your trying to accomplish is against forum rules and off topic. ‘flaming’ You’ve been warned and now reported. I will let the mediator handle this from here on in.
    All I said was my opinion? But okay go ahead.

Feedback Score
    All I said was my opinion? But okay go ahead.
    Sorry, not you LTE>3g.... was for ‘aceclutch’

Feedback Score
    Sorry, not you LTE>3g.... was for ‘aceclutch’
    What does flaming mean. Did he dm you a threating message, I don't get what your reporting him for?

Feedback Score
    What does flaming mean. Did he dm you a threating message, I don't get what your reporting him for?

To engage in an online argument usually involving unfounded personal attacks by one or more parties. On forum or DM doesn’t matter. Do you want to be associated with that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast