Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Selling TF minutes/days

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Selling TF minutes/days

I'm thinking of selling my extra tracfone number, minutes/txt/data and days. Can this be done?? There are about 1000 minutes, 1 GB data but around 15 years of service. It is currently on an active BYOP ATT simcard. Should I put this on
    a tracfone branded smartphone that I already have? Could the buyer call tracfone and get a new number from them?

I no longer have a need for this number so figure someone else can get use out of the mins, etc.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Unless you really want to sell the phone, it's easier to sell just the SIM card loaded with the units & days. The buyer can just use it in a phone of his/her choice. The buyer might not like your phone and doesn't want to pay money for it.

Before selling it, make sure to remove the SIM from your TF account so the buyer can add it to his/her account. The buyer can contact TF and request a new phone number for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Unless you really want to sell the phone, it's easier to sell just the SIM card loaded with the units & days. The buyer can just use it in a phone of his/her choice. The buyer might not like your phone and doesn't want to pay money for it.

Before selling it, make sure to remove the SIM from your TF account so the buyer can add it to his/her account. The buyer can contact TF and request a new phone number for it.
    Doesn't removing the Sim from the account take the balance with it?

Feedback Score
    Unless you really want to sell the phone, it's easier to sell just the SIM card loaded with the units & days ... The buyer can contact TF and request a new phone number for it.
    Another advantage of selling just the SIM and not the whole phone is that you don't have to be scrupulous about removing contacts, photos, calendar entries and other personal info that you don't want released to the new buyer. That info isn't on the SIM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Doesn't removing the Sim from the account take the balance with it?
    No. Selecting "Remove Device" simply removes it from your account.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    No. Selecting "Remove Device" simply removes it from your account.
    Hey thanks for the info. I just have too many tracfones to maintain - checked on the account and it has 1500 mins and 14 years service. Didn't know how difficult it would be to get a new number for it. I did look on ebay and found no listings for the BYOP sim only. However - I don't even have a phone for it. It is in a spare one ATT emergency phone and I'm gonna keep that.

With all the years of service I spend almost nothing for my service as I mostly text and use data. Not much for talk/talk on the phone so the minutes last a long time.

Feedback Score
    Years ago I purchased a used LG 3280 flip phone. Had minutes on it. And all contacts. Had a good number that I tried to keep. Tracfone would not let me keep the number - had to get a new number. But kept all minutes , time, etc. Worked out fine as I got a much better number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I'm thinking of selling my extra tracfone number, minutes/txt/data and days. Can this be done?? There are about 1000 minutes, 1 GB data but around 15 years of service. It is currently on an active BYOP ATT simcard. Should I put this on
    a tracfone branded smartphone that I already have? Could the buyer call tracfone and get a new number from them?

I no longer have a need for this number so figure someone else can get use out of the mins, etc.
    What do you want for the phone/minutes/service?
    OBIHAI 200 Oct 2015 Replaced NetTalk
    Alcatel A383G Jul 2015 To Jan 2016 Replaced A382G
    Alcatel A382G Apr 2014 To Jul 2015
    Kyocera Hydro Mar 2014 Ring+ 2016
    Google Voice Feb 2014 Ported TF (AT&T) # to GV
    Azpen A700 Nov 2013 7" Android tablet for GV/Talkatone
    LG 840G Sep 2013 Replaced C155
    NetTalk DUO Oct 2010 To Oct 2015 Replaced Verizon Land Line
    Verizon Land Line Oct 2010 Dropped & Ported # to TF
    Motorola V176 Jan 2008 To Apr 2014
    Motorola C155 Apr 2007 To Sep 2013 My first cell phone

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 640, Motorola Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Wish there was a way to combine. I've got over 10,000 in Min - Text with 6gb, exp in Feb. I need your 15 years.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeman02 View Post
    Wish there was a way to combine. I've got over 10,000 in Min - Text with 6gb, exp in Feb. I need your 15 years.
    Several forum members recently had success getting a competent rep to combine units/days from 2 phones. Might be a little tough to explain 15 years of service though.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I sold the sim card to another forum member. My main phone has 17 years on it and I was recently given an 840g with ~1000 mins and 4 years on it. So i need time like a hole in the head.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I sold the sim card to another forum member. My main phone has 17 years on it and I was recently given an 840g with ~1000 mins and 4 years on it. So i need time like a hole in the head.
    I would be curious for how much. In theory, 15 years would be worth $750.

Feedback Score

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    2 posts Sorry, taking offers both sims att

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Several forum members recently had success getting a competent rep to combine units/days from 2 phones. Might be a little tough to explain 15 years of service though.
    I recently had to switch sims as the existing one became defective. Called Tracfone-when the problem was solved the CS rep said “be sure and add days by February 2035” and then started laughing. I just said OK Thankyou. No way I could combine 14 years and 17 years.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast