Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: $60/10GB/Canada Wide, etc, etc etc for Ontario customers

Feedback Score
    So it's basically impossible to get in contact with Koodo CSR. Does anyone have alternate methods for preexisting Koodo customers to get on this plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMSTR View Post
    So it's basically impossible to get in contact with Koodo CSR. Does anyone have alternate methods for preexisting Koodo customers to get on this plan?
    Besides porting out and in? No. But porting out and in should take you 10-20 minutes so likely the fastest option.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    I'm currently on Bell with this plan already via retention, therefore no contract. There's a $84/month premium-type subsidized version but it's stupid as you will pay $84 even month to month after the device balance is paid off.

If I want a new phone within the next couple of months, am I better off to port to Koodo to lock this $60 plan down? Supposedly, I can add a medium tab to this plan later if I want subsidized hardware? But apparently this is a loophole-ish type of thing and not guaranteed within a couple of months?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I switched to this plan on Friday, and then added a medium tab on Saturday via self-serve online. Phone shipped this morning. YMMV

Feedback Score
    I guess it's better to have a chance with Koodo instead of none with Bell later for phone discounting. Guaranteed that Bell will screw me over if I try to do a HUG, saying I will need to go to in-market plan at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by CorSter View Post
    I switched to this plan on Friday, and then added a medium tab on Saturday via self-serve online. Phone shipped this morning. YMMV

Feedback Score

I tried a few times and was finally able to get in queue (i.e. on hold). Regular rep told me that someone would call me back this week and that I was promised the deal.

I didn't trust him and asked for the call AND to be sent to retentions (I'm on the $48 MB deal). One hour later, I got the 10GB promotion and no additional fees or anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bighouse14 View Post
    I tried a few times and was finally able to get in queue (i.e. on hold). Regular rep told me that someone would call me back this week and that I was promised the deal.

I didn't trust him and asked for the call AND to be sent to retentions (I'm on the $48 MB deal). One hour later, I got the 10GB promotion and no additional fees or anything.
    What day was this?

I've been trying Sunday and Monday (today), and have had to wait up to three hours before being cut off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    Thanks for the great summary. So as best as I can determine, out of the 6 carriers:

- Fido/Rogers is best for U.S. roaming
    - Fido is best for extensive phoning the U.S.
    - Rogers is best overall for included services (Name Display, enhanced voicemail, etc.)
    - Virgin offers promos like contests, coupons, etc.
    - Fido offers Fido Pulse benefits (including 5 extra hours of unlimited data use per month.... weird to think of data as by the hour, like it was for me in the ancient old circuit switched data days before GPRS came out!)
    - the three flankers include global text (Rogers is Canada-wide only, not sure about Telus or Bell as they don't seem to have the deals up right now)
    - Bellus has the best network overall (objectively, as they have more cell sites in total than Rogers)
    - Telus seems to have the highest-rated customer service overall, with Koodo perhaps second-best

Any other advantages specific to any of the six carriers worth adding to this list?

Huh... voice-to-text is the lynchpin for me, as I absolutely must have that feature. And I prefer the MMS-based voice-to-text over the SMS or email based alternatives, so I pretty much have to stay with Rogers and/or Fido, unless a competing carrier has rolled out a feature like that? That's a big part of why I've been doing dual-SIM since the November 2016 Public Mobile promo, since PM's calling features are so abysmally basic.
    I'll also add that Virgin's roaming is $5 per day unlike some of the others at $7.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How do you add a tab and phone via self serve to this plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix15 View Post
    I'll also add that Virgin's roaming is $5 per day unlike some of the others at $7.
    Virgin's roaming only includes 100mb of data per day, whereas Fido and Koodo roaming allow you to use all of the data included in your regular plan. Significant difference when you have a 10gb plan.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    How do you add a tab and phone via self serve to this plan?
    Log in to self-serve, click on the shop button at the top, and then add a phone to your cart. If you choose Tab Small or Tab Medium, an option to keep your current plan will show up during the checkout process.

Feedback Score
    What day was this?

I've been trying Sunday and Monday (today), and have had to wait up to three hours before being cut off.
    Today. I tried three times in a row around 1 p.m. and on the third try, it went through.

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Log in to self-serve, click on the shop button at the top, and then add a phone to your cart. If you choose Tab Small or Tab Medium, an option to keep your current plan will show up during the checkout process.
    Thanks. Had to add my plan to the cart, but it says that I’m not making any changes. Too bad the medium tab doesn’t really give you much off a phone or I would have gone for a Pixel 2 to give as a Christmas gift.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    AFAIK Koodo also has "Roam like Home".

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam...avelAndRoaming
    Easy Roam is not as good as Roam Like Home/Fido Roam.
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    [...]Of the 3951 who switched to a 10GB plan, 93% chose an incumbent.
    Just 7% chose the reason why.

[...]
    A nation of thinking consumers, we're not.
    Some of us only have Robellus to choose from. I have signed up with independents several times in the past, only to have them be gobbled up by the Big-3. Where I live, Robellus (and their resellers) are the only options.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast