Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rogers, Fido Promo: $60 Canada-Wide Calling Plan with 10GB Data in AB, BC Only

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eug View Post
    I’m with Fido right now and am thinking of switching to Rogers for the Name Display and Enhanced Voicemail. However, Fido includes Unlimited International messaging (only Canada wide on Rogers) and 5 extra free hours of unlimited data, so it’s better from that regard.

I’m a bit conflicted right now as to which to choose. If you want the best of the two though I suppose you could get Fido with an add-on for $5 more.

Yeah that's exactly what I did....got the Fido $60 plan and kept my $5 iPhone VVM value pack. I personally am staying with Fido, for now, but am suggesting the Rogers version to others if they don't need VVM, international texting, etc.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    When I phone Rogers, they apologize for heavy call volumes due to recent promos, and promise that they'll be having great deals throughout the weekend and "into next week". And then the call drops every time, I think because customer service isn't open in BC yet (but there's got to be a better way of dealing with that than dropping the call without explaining the situation, sheesh).
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    The FIDO plan looks interesting, especially the unlimited International Messaging.

But I'm going through the options online and their Voicemail is pathetic. 3 message limit, stores for 3 days?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Can we change our Rogers plan online? It looks like you can do this online with FIDO.

Edit: BOLLOCKS! It looks like with Rogers, every other plan and promo can be purchased online EXCEPT for this one.

You can even get the 10GB for $60 promo online, IF you also purchase hardware at the same time!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...b-plan-dec-19/

Rogers/Fido Extends $60/10GB Plan to Dec. 19 for Existing Customers

A Rogers spokesperson told iPhone in Canada they’ve seen “tremendous response from Canadians”, and want to “thank everyone for their patience and apologize for any wait.”

For new Rogers and new Fido customers, the $60/10GB plans expire today (except for Fido BYOP in Ontario, as that ends Dec. 19, end of day) in BC, Alberta and Ontario.

But wait–due to “overwhelming demand and longer wait times,” Rogers explains, they will “honour the offers for existing customers for tomorrow [Dec. 19] only,” for customers in BC, Alberta and Ontario.
    $60 Fido 10 GB Pulse plan with $5 Value Pack (December 2017 Holideal)

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Remember the TBay plans and the OIGP plans and the...
    Yeah you get the point
    Bell certainly does raise plans (and features) often enough
    Excuse the ignorance, but what happened with the TBay plans?
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    Where are we getting this information from? Are you sure that Fido is perm? I can find nowhere that it is permanent. Please stop misleading people and spreading false rumors if you are not sure. On the other hand, if you have some source that said it's permanent, please state where you heard that from, as that would be good news!
    Fido posted on their forums it is permanent, and furthermore all Fido customers on the plan got a text message confirming the 10GB is permanent. There is no need to call in, it's automatic, regardless of when and where you signed up for the plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung-U510
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I just got switched over to this plan after being on hold for almost two hours.
    I logged into the website and the plan shows up as Talk&Text w/ 5GB - no mention of the 5GB bonus. Is this normal?

[EDIT]
    If I click on "change plan", it shows that I have 10GB.
    Last edited by Cellulose; 12-19-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    What does your data usage show? A friend of mine who is on Rogers switched to this and his account shows the same thing...i.e. 5GB, and his usage/remaining data also shows 5GB. That’s a bit scary. I don’t know why they can’t just provision a full 10GB like Telus does instead of 5+5...

Device(s)
    Samsung-U510
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    What does your data usage show? A friend of mine who is on Rogers switched to this and his account shows the same thing...i.e. 5GB, and his usage/remaining data also shows 5GB. That’s a bit scary. I don’t know why they can’t just provision a full 10GB like Telus does instead of 5+5...
    I believe the 5+5 is a placeholder until they get their system updated.
    My data usage is not currently available. I get a message that it wont be available for 48 hours because I changed my plan. That's on their website - I don't use the app.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    Excuse the ignorance, but what happened with the TBay plans?
    Small price increases (+$3 for oldest version, +$5 for newer version)
    To the best of my memory ONLY BYOP had it, if you were on an L36 price stayed the same

I just was pointing out "for life" price does not exist in cellular industry to prev poster
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Somebody posted a quick comparison of the various plans on another forum. (Some of the plans are still available today on Dec. 20, like Rogers' plan for existing customers).

Name:  1000x388_smart_fit.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  58.0 KB

Only Fido has DataBytes, and if you have the add-on value pack, Fido and Rogers have the best long distance rates.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eug View Post
    Somebody posted a quick comparison of the various plans on another forum. (Some of the plans are still available today on Dec. 20, like Rogers' plan for existing customers).

Name:  1000x388_smart_fit.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  58.0 KB

Only Fido has DataBytes, and if you have the add-on value pack, Fido and Rogers have the best long distance rates.
    Yep, overall Fido wins this one. With the 5 hours unlimited data every month, you can easily use 20 or 30GB with no extra charge. 👍

Sent from my ONE A2005 using HoFo mobile app

FIDO $60/10GB + 5 hours unlimited data
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Small price increases (+$3 for oldest version, +$5 for newer version)
    To the best of my memory ONLY BYOP had it, if you were on an L36 price stayed the same

I just was pointing out "for life" price does not exist in cellular industry to prev poster
    I am on the Tbay plan since 03-2013 iirc and have 4 lines, 3 with no phone and 1 with. None have increased.
    I am on Virgin though not bell, even though they are the say co.

Device(s)
    Samsung-U510
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    FYI...I logged into Roger's website today and it now says "Talk & Text w/10GB - No Tab". Still doesn't show data usage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast