Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New plans coming soon?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

New plans coming soon?

There's quite a bit of Reddit chatter going on about new plans coming soon, both unlimited and MSA, but potentially with price hikes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...e_about_to_be/

Thoughts? I know Verizon has done something similar but really don't see AT&T doing a 2.5x price hike like one commenter suggested. Shareholders might love it but if AT&T wanted to trigger an even bigger exodus to T-Mobile, that would do it.

I've been on the fence about going to unlimited for a while (still on MSV 20GB though have had an increasingly hard time staying overage-free with the number of people on the plan) but am going to take the plunge now on unlimited just to make sure if a price hike does happen I can at least get grandfathered in.
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe they'll introduce even more slow speed tiers in addition to the 3 Mbps plan.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwnelson View Post
    There's quite a bit of Reddit chatter going on about new plans coming soon, both unlimited and MSA, but potentially with price hikes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...e_about_to_be/

Thoughts? I know Verizon has done something similar but really don't see AT&T doing a 2.5x price hike like one commenter suggested. Shareholders might love it but if AT&T wanted to trigger an even bigger exodus to T-Mobile, that would do it.

I've been on the fence about going to unlimited for a while (still on MSV 20GB though have had an increasingly hard time staying overage-free with the number of people on the plan) but am going to take the plunge now on unlimited just to make sure if a price hike does happen I can at least get grandfathered in.
    Plans are definitely changing. My friend at AT&T said on Friday his tablet when he signs people up showed the current unlimited plans went to retired next to it. It may have been a glitch while they were updating the system, as it didn't show it yesterday any longer. But they are definitely messing with the system getting ready.

Feedback Score
    A few months ago, Reddit posters with inside knowledge were claiming FAN discounts for all UDP. Now the claim is a price increase to match the prices of Verizon?

Feedback Score
    From what I read there was a glitch in the provisioning system, IT fixed it, AT&T specifically said that it was just an error... and then several individuals went on to assume some nefarious coverup. All seems kind of silly. Obviously the plan will change someday because every plan changes, but I see no reason to believe that anything is imminent based on the one incident mentioned in the thread.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    From what I read there was a glitch in the provisioning system, IT fixed it, AT&T specifically said that it was just an error... and then several individuals went on to assume some nefarious coverup. All seems kind of silly. Obviously the plan will change someday because every plan changes, but I see no reason to believe that anything is imminent based on the one incident mentioned in the thread.
    Systems don't usually glitch like that unless they're readying a new plan which means it's coming soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully they'll add an 8 Mbps tier, since Choice's 3 Mbps cap is insufficient for all but the most casual of users, while 8 Mbps is more than enough for most people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Systems don't usually glitch like that unless they're readying a new plan which means it's coming soon.
    I'd second that.Glitches don't just randomly happen :P unless IT is doing a system update / refresh for some reason.

Anyone remembers back when during one of the iPhone pre orders(dont recall which one 3g or maybe later), Premier started showing orders OFF of other accounts..and they fixed it eventually.

Feedback Score
    OK, I'll bow to all those here who are experts in the inner workings of AT&T's provisioning system, surely this must be a secret conspiracy, it's the only logical answer.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

New plans coming soon?

OK, I'll bow to all those here who are experts in the inner workings of AT&T's provisioning system, surely this must be a secret conspiracy, it's the only logical answer.
    I don't think it's a conspiracy but I also don't think it was just an accident.

They obviously were doing something that triggered the plans to show as retired. That doesn't just happen for no reason. They were doing something that triggered that behind the scenes.

If the new plans aren't ready to be launched of course they would back peddle and say it was an accident. They aren't going to admit there are new plans coming if those plans aren't ready for launch.

Is there are a conspiracy? No.

But I do think the plans are about to retire. ATT just changed the top tier plan to lower the discount. That's likely gonna happen again soon where the plans change.

I believe they are prepping new plans and that accident was part of that.
    Last edited by whitetigergrowl; 12-12-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    In the Reddit thread it was mentioned that AT&T put out a notice to CS that there was an error and that the plans are not being retired. If you believe that the glitch really does indicate intentions to retire the plan then you must believe that AT&T is directly lying to CS and in that case, I dunno, maybe conspiracy isn't the right word but the implication is that it's something like that. People really jump to conclusions around here, isn't it just as likely that it was simply an error as AT&T stated?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In the Reddit thread it was mentioned that AT&T put out a notice to CS that there was an error and that the plans are not being retired. If you believe that the glitch really does indicate intentions to retire the plan then you must believe that AT&T is directly lying to CS and in that case, I dunno, maybe conspiracy isn't the right word but the implication is that it's something like that. People really jump to conclusions around here, isn't it just as likely that it was simply an error as AT&T stated?
    ATT can't have FaceTime because it competes against their own products.

The fact is, they lie all of the time. Just like Verizon.

It's not a conspiracy. How many times have accidents happened that ended up not having them even a short bit later be validated.

Could it have been an error sure.

But then again what were they doing that caused the error of the plans to be retired in the first place.

The fact is they claim it was an error.

An error that it happened or an error that it happened too soon? It's all in the wording.

And they aren't going to come out and say it wasn't an error if plan changes really are coming. It would have to be officially announced first.

They were playing around in the plan area for a reason.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    It may have been a glitch while they were updating the system, as it didn't show it yesterday any longer. But they are definitely messing with the system getting ready.
    I think you're giving AT&T way more credit than they deserve if you're actually suggesting they don't make mistakes.

Many of those jokers claim things suddenly go awry on their own and deny that anything changed. They have massively large groups of people who manage their internal systems via support tickets, the tickets often go through multiple different people based on availability until the task is closed out, and often the left hand has no idea what the right is doing. It's the gremlins / ghosts causing all the problems. /s

At the end of the day, it's just a flag in a database that toggles the retirement status. Don't overthink this stuff as being part of some grand design. It's not.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    LOl, there was a thread on here a while back on new retention plans. Someone claimed they heard or saw from AT&T some nice deals on new retention plans that where coming out. Even had prices and data amounts. That thread went on and on for about 50 pages, and I'm quite sure that the retention plans never changed.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Good god, if anything, AT&T needs to bring prices DOWN, not UP. They need to bring back the old MSV pricing as MSA plans, and push those, which are enough for most people, and then offer Unlimited to people who really want it at a premium price.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast