Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Freedompop Global SIM will quit working on 1/3/2018

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    My FP Global SIMs still work. I've only been charged the $0.01 a few times over the last 2 years on my 12 FP GSM SIMs on the free plan. I don't think I've been charged at all on either of my FP Sprint products on the free plan.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djphilosophy View Post
    Not necessarily. When was they last time they worked in your location? Since the FP Global SIMs only work on T-Mobile 2G and 3G now in the US, and T-Mobile has shut been shutting off 3G, it could just be that you're in an area of no T-Mobile coverage on either (T-Mobile LTE not being allowed on the Global SIM). What does it say when you log in to your account online?
    It says "Our Global SIM is being discontinued due to performance issues" at the top of the page.
    But everything else looks fine, 200mb, 500 text, 200 voice.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jason559 View Post
    It says "Our Global SIM is being discontinued due to performance issues" at the top of the page.
    But everything else looks fine, 200mb, 500 text, 200 voice.
    It has said that for close to 2 years.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It has said that for close to 2 years.
    Yes, was just wondering if there is a way to check the SIM status. Sounds like there isn't.
    Signal shows 0dBm and 99asu

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Truphone, Toggle, Netzclub DE, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    You didn't answer when you last had a usable signal in that location.

Something else you can try: assuming this is Android, and your phone allows it, go into the phone dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#*. If allowed, that will bring up phone testing. Tap Phone Information, go into Set Preferred Network Type, and select GSM Only. Then go into mobile settings (same section as APN) and do a manual network search. See if T-Mobile comes up. You can do it again with W-CDMA Only (should also show AT&T's 3G network) and LTE Only (just to confirm whether your device is seeing a T-Mobile LTE signal, not that the Global SIM can use it).

If your device shows a GSM (2G) or W-CDMA (3G) T-Mobile network, but you're not connecting, that would add fuel to the argument that your account is dead.

Also, you said you checked APN, but there's a different APN for the LTE SIM, just confirm the one you're using is freedompop.foggmobile.com.

Feedback Score
    I threw away my two global SIMs a few months ago when I started getting the "your item is being shipped" screen (I wasn't using them anymore). Now I've gotten the $0.01 charges on my credit card again. I tried cancelling my accounts online, but that failed (of course). Any suggestions on how to clear my card data from the accounts, or even better how to cancel the accounts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malet View Post
    I threw away my two global SIMs a few months ago when I started getting the "your item is being shipped" screen (I wasn't using them anymore). Now I've gotten the $0.01 charges on my credit card again. I tried cancelling my accounts online, but that failed (of course). Any suggestions on how to clear my card data from the accounts, or even better how to cancel the accounts?
    You have to contact FreedomPop through the FreedomPop forum.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Truphone, Toggle, Netzclub DE, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    For anyone lucky enough to have a still working Global SIM, this is good reason to use Paypal as the payment source going forward. My Global SIMs were shutdown with the "your item is being shipped" message last year as well, but I haven't had any further $.01 charges via Paypal.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried logging in, clicking on the gear in the top right, clicking on Account Status in the menu on the left, and then Cancel Account?

Feedback Score
    Yup, that’s what I did. At what I assume was the end of the process I got an error saying the cancellation failed. I’ll try again over the next few days.

Feedback Score
    Yup, that’s what I did. At what I assume was the end of the process I got an error saying the cancellation failed. I’ll try again over the next few days.
    That's a little scary. I'm glad I'm on virtual cards for all accounts except one. Do let us know what you discover when you try again, please.

Feedback Score
    Okay Boz1, going back and checking I didn't quite do what you suggested, because I don't see any of those options (no gear, no account status.) What I did do was (1) log in: gives me screen with shipping status and little else. (2) Click on Freedom Pop in the upper left: takes me to the my device/usage screen. (3) Click on Billing details -> Update billing information: Gives me a Settings column on the left with Account Status at the bottom. (4) Click Account Status -> Cancel Account: pops up a warning dialog. (5) Click Cancel Account -> choose billing issues to answer "why are you leaving" (5) Enter password to cancel: get processing window, then "Failure: Cancellation unsuccessful, please try again later."

I'll try again during business hours this week.

Feedback Score
    I tried doing the same thing as you, and it never worked. Like others have noted, I ended up having to contact FreedomPop support directly (I don't recall if it was through their support forum or from another avenue), and they were able to cancel my account.

Okay Boz1, going back and checking I didn't quite do what you suggested, because I don't see any of those options (no gear, no account status.) What I did do was (1) log in: gives me screen with shipping status and little else. (2) Click on Freedom Pop in the upper left: takes me to the my device/usage screen. (3) Click on Billing details -> Update billing information: Gives me a Settings column on the left with Account Status at the bottom. (4) Click Account Status -> Cancel Account: pops up a warning dialog. (5) Click Cancel Account -> choose billing issues to answer "why are you leaving" (5) Enter password to cancel: get processing window, then "Failure: Cancellation unsuccessful, please try again later."

I'll try again during business hours this week.

Feedback Score
    So, I was finally able to get the accounts canceled by posting on their forum. I eventually got a PM requesting account info and a screenshot of the cancellation failure (which, given the number of threads asking about the same issue, I’m guessing is just one last hoop they make you jump through in the hope you won’t cancel.) A day or two later the account was closed.

Feedback Score
    So, I was finally able to get the accounts canceled by posting on their forum. I eventually got a PM requesting account info and a screenshot of the cancellation failure (which, given the number of threads asking about the same issue, I’m guessing is just one last hoop they make you jump through in the hope you won’t cancel.) A day or two later the account was closed.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast